Books I've heard about

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2013, 11:16 PM
Books I've heard about
So I've heard about The God Delusion and DE Converted. And I can kinda guess what they are about. But I want some other peoples insights on if I should read them. What do they really talk about. Are they good. All that good stuff.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2013, 11:17 PM
RE: Books I've heard about
And feel free to mention any other good books out there. I love to read. Smile Lol I don't know why. I'm one of those crazy teenagers who like to read. Don't question my ways.
17-11-2013, 11:24 PM
I have not read them 2 as I figured they would just be preaching to the converted, but would like to hear what people are recommending for helping with Theist banter/arguments.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
18-11-2013, 12:17 AM
Try A Letter to American Christians
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-11-2013, 12:19 AM
Free ebooks can be found here

Epubbud.com

Tuebl.ca

Bookbub.com

Guetenberg.org
PDFspider.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-11-2013, 02:55 AM
(17-11-2013 11:16 PM)Mythic_GhostX Wrote:  So I've heard about The God Delusion and DE Converted. And I can kinda guess what they are about. But I want some other peoples insights on if I should read them. What do they really talk about. Are they good. All that good stuff.

Yes, they are.

Lazy arse.

See here for more:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ce-Library

And if you have not read God Is Not Great before you post again, then we will take your roast baby allowance away from you.

Angry

Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
18-11-2013, 04:06 PM
But I don't wanna lose my roast baby allowance. I'm on it. As soon as I get it. Lol
[+] 2 users Like Mythic_GhostX's post
18-11-2013, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2013 05:09 PM by kim.)
Yep. God Is Not Great. One of the best. Thumbsup I don't leave home without it. Really.

I have it in audio book format - it's on my ipod. It's read by the author which makes it completely wonderful. When I listen, I feel as if I am hanging out at a cocktail party and Hitch just happens to be there, being his charming self... as I easily imagine him to have been.

Seth's De-converted is great - quick read, too.
Julia Sweeny's Letting Go Of God - also a quick read - really funny, too.

Any particular aspects you might be looking for in your reading material, MythicGX?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
18-11-2013, 06:13 PM
No. Just lonely and bored. Spend all my time doing gaming or internet. And since sleeping is a no go anytime. I need some books I can get. Anything is good. Related to this or not. Smile
18-11-2013, 06:18 PM
(18-11-2013 05:03 PM)kim Wrote:  Yep. God Is Not Great. One of the best. Thumbsup I don't leave home without it. Really.

I have it in audio book format - it's on my ipod. It's read by the author which makes it completely wonderful. When I listen, I feel as if I am hanging out at a cocktail party and Hitch just happens to be there, being his charming self... as I easily imagine him to have been.

Hmmmm I don't usually like to spend big bucks for an audio version... But to have the hitch read his book to me, that might be worth it!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta