Books about Poland history that foreigner would reccomend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2017, 12:45 PM
Books about Poland history that foreigner would reccomend
Books about Poland history written by Poles I can find with no problem. I'm however interested in outside perspective, so I wanted to ask what if any books about Poland TTA users would reccomend.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2017, 03:03 PM
RE: Books about Poland history that foreigner would reccomend
(26-11-2017 12:45 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Books about Poland history written by Poles I can find with no problem. I'm however interested in outside perspective, so I wanted to ask what if any books about Poland TTA users would reccomend.
The only one I've delved into in any detail is God's Playground: A History of Poland, by Norman Davies. It's in two volumes, and a good read, although kind of dated by now (think it came out in the 1980s); there may be a revised edition available.

It's kind of a standard work, though, and you may already know it.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
01-12-2017, 03:12 PM
RE: Books about Poland history that foreigner would reccomend
(01-12-2017 03:03 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(26-11-2017 12:45 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Books about Poland history written by Poles I can find with no problem. I'm however interested in outside perspective, so I wanted to ask what if any books about Poland TTA users would reccomend.
The only one I've delved into in any detail is God's Playground: A History of Poland, by Norman Davies. It's in two volumes, and a good read, although kind of dated by now (think it came out in the 1980s); there may be a revised edition available.

It's kind of a standard work, though, and you may already know it.

I heard about this book but never got around to reading it. Allegedy it is written with too many praise heaped upon Poland.

Thanks for reccomendation though, it may be good to see Poland history from outside view.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.