Books on Biblical inaccuracy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2015, 01:58 PM
Books on Biblical inaccuracy
Hi, apologies if I'm in breach of the forum rules, I'm a newbie.
I was wondering if anyone knew of any books that dissected the Bible or the Quran and pointed out its historical, geographical and/or contradictory elements of the scripture. I am not well versed on middle eastern historical events and it seems like the aforementioned books are the only real authority of the time which is why I think that a lot of people struggle with calling it out on its bulls***.
If anyone could help with this it would be much appreciatdd
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2015, 02:12 PM
Books on religious scripture inaccuracies
Hi, apologies if I'm in breach of the forum rules, I'm a newbie.
I was wondering if anyone knew of any books that dissected the Bible or the Quran and pointed out its historical, geographical and/or contradictory elements of the scripture. I am not well versed on middle eastern historical events and it seems like the aforementioned books are the only real authority of the time which is why I think that a lot of people struggle with calling it out on its bulls***.
26-10-2015, 02:16 PM
RE: Books on Biblical inaccuracy
(26-10-2015 01:58 PM)Lewisp1993 Wrote:  Hi, apologies if I'm in breach of the forum rules, I'm a newbie.

I recommend checking out THIS thread, there is a list of many books and other resources about the Bible and Religion etc. Also welcome!

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
26-10-2015, 02:17 PM
Welcome to TTA, this site is helpful.

Skeptics Annotated Bible
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
26-10-2015, 02:20 PM
(26-10-2015 02:17 PM)pablo Wrote:  Welcome to TTA, this site is helpful.

Skeptics Annotated Bible

dammit Pablo, the point is to get them interested in this forum, not to other websites Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
26-10-2015, 02:23 PM
(26-10-2015 02:20 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 02:17 PM)pablo Wrote:  Welcome to TTA, this site is helpful.

Skeptics Annotated Bible

dammit Pablo, the point is to get them interested in this forum, not to other websites Tongue

They're already here. Big Grin
26-10-2015, 02:25 PM
(26-10-2015 02:23 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 02:20 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  dammit Pablo, the point is to get them interested in this forum, not to other websites Tongue

They're already here. Big Grin

But we need them to stay, remember what happened last time we did not have a sacrifice to offer?

26-10-2015, 02:28 PM
I don't know if it was on the list Jdog provided--but I really like The Bible: a Historical and Literary Introduction by Bart Ehrman.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-10-2015, 03:08 PM
RE: Books on religious scripture inaccuracies
Welcome!

Here is a short list of books that I believe fit your criteria:

Israel Finkelstein Ph.D. and Neil Asher Silberman - The Bible Unearthed: Archaeology's New Vision of Ancient Israel and the Origin of Its Sacred Texts

Pretty much destroys the idea that the OT was written any earlier than about the 9th century BCE.

Burton L. Mack Who Wrote the New Testament?: The Making of the Christian Myth

Bart Ehrman - Misquoting Jesus: The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why

Emanuel Tov - Textual Criticism of the Hebrew Bible

Richard Carrier - Not the Impossible Faith
26-10-2015, 03:12 PM
(26-10-2015 02:25 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 02:23 PM)pablo Wrote:  They're already here. Big Grin

But we need them to stay, remember what happened last time we did not have a sacrifice to offer?

Shhh... ixnay on the acrificesay...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post