Booooooooooze

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2012, 05:22 PM
RE: Booooooooooze
Only Scotch I've tried was Glenfiddich. It was... Hm. Harsh? I'm guessing it's an acquired taste? Tongue I'll work on it. What's your opinion of Glenfiddich?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2012, 06:24 PM
(22-10-2012 04:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 04:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'll have to give it a try...as long as its a Speyside or Highland and not an Islay. Undecided

Isle of Skye.

I think I'll have to take a pass. No

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
22-10-2012, 06:29 PM
(22-10-2012 05:22 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Only Scotch I've tried was Glenfiddich. It was... Hm. Harsh? I'm guessing it's an acquired taste? Tongue I'll work on it. What's your opinion of Glenfiddich?

I think most alcohol takes an acquired taste for many folks. I've had it a couple of times and it's okay. It's not all that different from the Glenlivet, I've just made that my goto scotch when I can afford an 18 year old (bottle, not girl...I REALLY can't afford that!).

A crude analogy might be which do you prefer, Pepsi or Coke? But the Islay Scotches are Fresca.

I just found this site...lots of reviews:

http://www.forpeatsake.com/

I suggest you try them all. Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
22-10-2012, 07:47 PM
(22-10-2012 04:24 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 02:57 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  If you like Scotch try Oban or Balvenie

And then after those you'll find the best are The Glenlivet and Macallan. Tongue

Just stay away from Laphroaig unless you like drinking smokey campfires made of seaweed. Confused

I have a bottle of Laphroaig, I have never tasted anything that smokey/salty in my life.No

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
22-10-2012, 07:51 PM
(22-10-2012 05:22 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Only Scotch I've tried was Glenfiddich. It was... Hm. Harsh? I'm guessing it's an acquired taste? Tongue I'll work on it. What's your opinion of Glenfiddich?

I found it harsh also! I have a few older bottles of Balvenie and they are very smooth.

Lord Erxy had some excellent suggestions too.

Chas suggested Talisker which very good.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
22-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Booooooooooze
(22-10-2012 07:47 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 04:24 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  And then after those you'll find the best are The Glenlivet and Macallan. Tongue

Just stay away from Laphroaig unless you like drinking smokey campfires made of seaweed. Confused

I have a bottle of Laphroaig, I have never tasted anything that smokey/salty in my life.No

A coworker recommended it once as a favorite. So I bought a bottle. I tried. I really did try, but just couldn't get past the fact that it tasted like drinking a salty campfire. My coworker was very happy to receive the remainder of the bottle.

[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
22-10-2012, 07:59 PM
(22-10-2012 07:53 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 07:47 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I have a bottle of Laphroaig, I have never tasted anything that smokey/salty in my life.No

A coworker recommended it once as a favorite. So I bought a bottle. I tried. I really did try, but just couldn't get past the fact that it tasted like drinking a salty campfire. My coworker was very happy to receive the remainder of the bottle.

A clever ploy, I'm going to use it myselfAngel

David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
22-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Whelp, no one has mentioned brandy yet. I'm such an old man! Weeping
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
22-10-2012, 08:39 PM
(22-10-2012 08:37 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Whelp, no one has mentioned brandy yet. I'm such an old man! Weeping

Brandy's dandy but liquor's quicker.

22-10-2012, 08:55 PM
(22-10-2012 08:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 08:37 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Whelp, no one has mentioned brandy yet. I'm such an old man! Weeping

Brandy's dandy but liquor's quicker.

Not in my blood stream. Girl_nails
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post