creationism based science
self righteousness
overly defensive
all of the above
[Show Results]

Bordering on insanity for being Atheist... we're also sin-loving & unthinking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2013, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2013 01:24 AM by kpax.)
Tongue Bordering on insanity for being Atheist... we're also sin-loving & unthinking
Is it just me or does the christian answer to any question or problem involve:
  • read the bible
  • pray
  • grow your relationship with god

Anyway, ba haha:

Quote:The notion that such reasoning borders on insanity doesn't enter his unthinking and sin-loving mind.

Click here for an entertaining read:
http://christiananswers.net/evangelism/r...ering.html

which says that we are unthinking and bordering on insanity. Hobo And that educating us on the Law of God obviously should be enough to kick some common sense our way.

And here is why we don't exist (for the meaty part you can skip to the section titled 'Why the Atheist doesn't exist') :
http://christiananswers.net/evangelism/b...heism.html

Why must atheists be held to such high standards that we must know 100% of all knowledge in order to be confident that no god exists?

Ray Comfort (who is quoted on that page) says:

Quote:Conversely, for me to say, "There is gold in China," I don't need to have all knowledge. I just need to have seen a speck of gold in the country, and the statement is then true.

To say categorically, "There is no God," is to make an absolute statement. For the statement to be true, I must know for certain that there is no God in the entire universe. No human being has all knowledge. Therefore, none of us is able to truthfully make this assertion.

So basically he is saying that Christians don't need to have proof that God exists as much as atheists need proof that God doesn't exists and because we don't have all knowledge that there is no way we are atheists but rather agnostics.

The that I say; it seems as though he is saying he has seen evidence of God. If so, it would be nice to share some of that real hard evidence. Of course this would lead back to the bible and bible verses, praying, yada yada.

To me this is equivalent to finding a treasure map leading to China. Legend says this map leads to gold so Ray Comfort is satisfied that this map is evidence that there is gold in China. I, trying to be realistic, would say something along the lines of "How do you know there is gold in China? Someone could have already discovered the gold or this map could be fake. Shouldn't we take the time and do some research before parting on this long, expensive journey? How do you know we won't be wasting our time following this map?".

Ray's reply would be "Because the map says so. I just have a feeling that it's there".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2013, 01:16 AM
We are bordering on insanity for being Atheist... we're also sin-loving & unthinking
well I sure don't believe in god. I don't see any proof or need for one, but technically were atheists AND agnostics... Unless were arrogant enough to say we know for sure there is no magic teapot... Er.. God...

[Image: mW3Tso9.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
09-02-2013, 01:21 AM
We are bordering on insanity for being Atheist... we're also sin-loving & unthinking
Most "useless" aspect is prayer... Absolutely does nothing... bunch of the other stuff is actually counter productive, so I guess it might have use to some jackasses.

09-02-2013, 01:23 AM
RE: We are bordering on insanity for being Atheist...
Why is it arrogant to say we know for certain there is no god?

Is it okay to say it's arrogant to be certain there is a god?

I never understood that. I feel there is no god at all but I don't think I am being arrogant about? I put about as much weight as there being a
god to there being a real zeus or Hercules or Santa. To me, that's just being more realistic.

Enlighten me, guy with the cute avatar. Wink
09-02-2013, 01:36 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2013 01:40 AM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
RE: Bordering on insanity for being Atheist... we're also sin-loving & unthinking
It would be arrogant to say there IS a god, since we have no proof. And due to the nature of the proposed "god" (supernatural, invisible,etc. And everything beyond measure) it would also be arrogant to COMPLETELY 100% say there is definitely no god. Of course the same can be done with anything that's been proposed with attributes that cannot be physically detected.

[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
09-02-2013, 01:39 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2013 01:44 AM by kpax.)
RE: Bordering on insanity for being Atheist... we're also sin-loving & unthinking
Sooooo.....to say there is absolutely no Santa is arrogant as well?
[+] 1 user Likes kpax's post
09-02-2013, 01:44 AM
(09-02-2013 01:39 AM)kpax Wrote:  Sooooo.....to say there is absolutely no Santa is arrogant as well?

we could find proof of Santa tomorrow. Its not likely, but still in the realm of possibility.

- strong atheist guy who is technically also agnostic by definition.
09-02-2013, 01:51 AM
Ah, okay. That explains it. Agnostic does leave the room open for possibilities but if you can say that being 100% certain that no god exists is arrogant then maybe I can say your inability to commit to one belief or another makes you indecisive.

But that would be arrogant of me. LMAO!

Just kidding.
09-02-2013, 02:02 AM
(09-02-2013 01:51 AM)kpax Wrote:  Ah, okay. That explains it. Agnostic does leave the room open for possibilities but if you can say that being 100% certain that no god exists is arrogant then maybe I can say your inability to commit to one belief or another makes you indecisive.

But that would be arrogant of me. LMAO!

Just kidding.

while i don't believe in god... I wasn't aware I was required to make a decision on which beliefs I do hold... maybe i am indecisive... Or maybe i dont need to hold any beliefs without just cause... But i do need sleep... Now if you'll excuse me, I have a beam of light to catch.
09-02-2013, 03:21 AM
(09-02-2013 01:51 AM)kpax Wrote:  Ah, okay. That explains it. Agnostic does leave the room open for possibilities but if you can say that being 100% certain that no god exists is arrogant then maybe I can say your inability to commit to one belief or another makes you indecisive.
It's not necessarily indecisive or an inability to "commit" to a belief. It's requiring evidence to say a thing exists or doesn't exist. I think gnostic atheism is just as unsupportable as gnostic theism, both are making assertions without evidence, even though I think the absence of evidence for gods makes it almost completely unlikely for them to exist, it would still require that I make assumptions to say there is none, because I can't present actual evidence to disprove any god. And this is why I'm a 6.999 on the Dawkins scale.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How Atheist forums changed my views on Abortion Wicked Clown 28 515 12-08-2014 08:01 AM
Last Post: Wicked Clown
  Emotional Reasons For Being an Atheist Seikilos 12 183 09-08-2014 09:25 AM
Last Post: Dom
  What do you make of these "Atheist converts to Christianity" claims donlee600 32 544 08-08-2014 08:09 PM
Last Post: Escape Artist
  Loving Christian Pastor Says Ebola Can Solve Problems By Killing Off Atheists & Gays WindyCityJazz 7 154 08-08-2014 08:46 AM
Last Post: Impulse
  Atheist / Agnostic Informational Resource Library Near 166 15,907 03-08-2014 11:36 AM
Last Post: Loki
  Jesus was a progressive atheist brett1974 4 135 02-08-2014 11:17 PM
Last Post: brett1974
  I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist catgoblin 606 7,358 02-08-2014 10:50 PM
Last Post: Wicked Clown