Borderlands 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2012, 11:16 PM
RE: Borderlands 2
I seriously need to get through the first one before looking into this one. I do think I want it, though.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2012, 03:01 AM
The first one is quite repetitive, I hear this one is most definitely not.
20-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Bought it and I'm level 12ish now. If anyone wants to play, let me know! Add me on steam
20-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Accidentally purchased this game earlier today. Oops. Budget didn't want to fit it in, but then it did. Me and the wife had a decent enough time playing through the first one so we figured we'd give it a go. Doesn't hurt that the 360 (a multiplayer console) has a decidedly poor selection of local co-op experiences.

Haven't really gotten into it much yet, but so far I see no real differences whatsoever. Hoping there's something that will keep me glued as my only real complaint with the first one was overall blandness. The game would really drag from time to time and near the end I had to force myself to play it because I was burned out on the formula.

I understand that the game is supposed to essentially be a cross between the loot gathering of Diablo and the shooting of some fucking fps, but I wouldn't mind the occasional diversity just to break the monotony.

Whether they change it up or not I'm in this one till the end, and I'm sure I'll get my moneys worth.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-09-2012, 10:23 AM
I started playing it yesterday, choosing Zero as my character. So far I've been playing him as a tactical sniper kind of guy. Lots of fun. Cool
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
21-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Ive been very bored with a lot of the games coming out recently that my last purchase was Max Payne 3.... that soon lost its charm with me.

I have decided to buy this though when I get paid Tuesday.... the only reason why I am buying it is because it is Co-op and I shall be playing it through with my best mate.

If games dont have a decent multiplayer then I dont buy it.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
21-09-2012, 01:04 PM
So after a bit of a binge last night I have discovered some things.

1. Me and my wife will be at odds the entire way through this thing. I kill everything while she loots. Bullshit.

2. The variety of weapons feels less somehow.

3. Split screen doesn't seem to effect the draw distance whatsoever and that is good.

4. Time is irrelevant.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Boyfriend bought the game while I was off at work yesterday. Came home, changed clothes, sat down....
Suddenly...boom! 11 pm. Oh, just a bit longer.
12:30.

Had to be up for work at five. Sad

Totally worth it.

"I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
21-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Been playing it nonstop as zero, addicted! Lvl 21 now.
21-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Yeah I chose Zero too... thinking of changing characters before I get too far into it. Zero's ability is kinda boring. Go invisible, melee some dude, reappear. I loved sniping in Borderlands 1 but without Bloodwing it's just not as fun. Thinking of rerolling as either the turret dude, looks kind cool... or the chick, who has the best ability IMO.

Differences I've noticed in the first and second games: this one seems harder. I die way more often than I used to. And Claptrap is funnier than he used to be. Going to rival Portal for funniest machine voice in a game.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."