Borderlands 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2012, 10:10 PM
RE: Borderlands 2
(24-09-2012 03:26 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Anyone know how the random engine works in this game? I'm the turret guy but I've been sniping due to an overwhelming abundance of sniper rifle swag and a completely lack of anything else.

I'm no sniper. I can get by but my patience isn't in it.

Having played the first part with several characters, it seems that the gun type dropped tends to stay the same (with boss fights anyways), but the stats change. I didn't see a single corrosive gun until I *spoiler avoid* fought... a guy... made of metal... with trains.

Has anyone else done the mission where you try to find the "peaceful" AI core a new body? Make sure you listen to the song from the "radio" at the end. It's fantastic. Wish it was on youtube.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2012, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2012 03:30 AM by houseofcantor.)
(24-09-2012 08:54 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I need a new computer and the game to play it.... Mother fuckers. I guess I'll just have to go without it.

I hear it is amazing.

Yeah, that's right. I got three compies and two accounts to fuck with. Laughat

On it all day yesterday, mostly because I was fucked up all day. Big Grin

Anyone else got that problem with being old? I don't really get into games unless I'm annihilated. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Fucking Matt and Leo beat it last night. Angry Fucking trolls. Big Grin

25-09-2012, 02:53 PM
I've reached lvl 19 today and it's getting more and more fun. The variety of weapons and grenades is amazing! I died a lot in one quest and at one boss, but through better tactics I was able to beat them as well. Smile

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
25-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Borderlands 2
Bought this last weekend and my son and I have been enjoying it a lot. Been playing every night. Just like B1 the more players there the more fun the game will be. Playing this solo won't be nearly as interesting as even 2 player.

Mostly playing siren right now. Had started spending points in the heal tree but that got boring. Respent into Cataclysm tree. Much more interesting. Fire, acid, slag everywhere!

Also played gunzerker to 15 trying to be a tank. I'm frustrated with this but it's probably because doesn't have proper gear for tanking. Gunzerking skill isn't real fun from long range and at levels below 20 he feels pretty weak. So I just didn't feel like I could enjoy his special ability much. I would trigger it and dive into the fray and be dead after my first target died. I'll return to him later I guess.

Other than new classes this game isn't much different from B1. I'm glad they made 2-player split the screen horizontally though. That vertical split left us with almost no peripheral vision.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
25-09-2012, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2012 03:59 PM by Vosur.)
Holy crap, I'm currently carrying four different sniper rifles (corrosive, electric, fire and slag) and the strongest one of them has 224 damage. I discovered an arena quest where you have to survive several waves of bandits and one of the Super Giant Badass Goliaths dropped a sniper rifle with 591(!) damage.

Edit: Got to 3/3 in the second arena quest and then died because there were way too many of the Goliaths. Anyway, during that run I got an assault rifle with 475 damage, a pistol with 255 damage and a few other good items. I'll try it again later when I have a decent rocketlauncher.

27-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Gunzerker ain't weak, silly. Tongue I was level 10 playing in a level 17 crew, didn't die any more than everybody else. Big Grin

Got an electric sniper rifle for shielded dudes, a flame one in my backpack, corrosive grenades... managed to scrounge a 225 assault rifle which is pretty OP for where I'm at. Thumbsup

27-09-2012, 08:36 AM
I think that I should have put more stats into my turret and less into my shield health recharge. Oh well.

My wife is having fun as the siren but she doesn't pay very close attention to her skill upgrades. She's all over the place.

My favorite thing about this game is the team play element. This game really encourages co-operative play styles as opposed to the halo two (or four) one man army style. There are usually two separate path ways to the enemy bases. Sometimes we use flanking and other times we need to stick together for support.
Her siren air grab thing is beast with my turret and some explosive rounds. Takes out big guys pretty efficiently.

Am I the only sucker playing this game on console?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
28-09-2012, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 28-09-2012 10:38 PM by Vosur.)
I've reached lvl 24 yesterday. It's getting more and more intense. Smile

Today I started playing the multiplayer version of the game with two friends of mine.

Edit: Lvl 29 by now. Today I got a rocket launcher with 11,000(!!!) damage from an optional quest. It basically one-shots everything combined with my action skill. That and a sniper rifle with 961 damage.

Edit: Lvl 30, got a sniper rifle with 2,400(!) damage from another optional quest. Plus I found an orange rocket launcher.

30-09-2012, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2012 01:08 AM by houseofcantor.)
What I'm about ready to do, right now. Thumbsup

Thing about being old, can't be gaming like I used to without a buncha... distraction. And somehow, my Gwynnies manifested a big ol' bottle of Fireball, right now. Thumbsup

yeah, that's some good shit, right there. In the loader zone with an OP assault rifle. Big Grin

Matt just said he'd play wif me, if'n I buy me a Borderlands come Wednesday. Thumbsup

Four hours later, drank them fools under the table. Well, sprawled into the chairs, anyway. But that warden crap, still giving me shit. Sad