Borderlands 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2012, 12:35 PM
RE: Borderlands 2
I did the first run through with the soldier, now I'm working on Zero. I ignore a lot of side quests until the second time through.

Some highlights for me:
- great voice work.
- excellent writing and story.
- Nuke Turret!

Downs:
- the video calls sometimes get cut off or are overwhelmed by the action and you miss it.
- I dumped a damn 17k dmg rocket launcher in the lava when I was trying to dump my junk items to pick up all the rare stuff that dropped. Fek.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Anyone else have a lot of glitch issues? First the tournament arena thing wouldn't recognize that I had finished a round, then the... thing that happens at Bunker... glitched out in the sky and I couldn't kill it. Had to spend lots of money on ammo and lots of dead bodies from attempting to reset via death before I restarted and beat it.

I've started back through it with Maya to mess with the timelock thing.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
01-10-2012, 03:11 PM
I get a bunch of bullet collision issues where I am clearly shooting someones head but to no avail. But you're a computer posters so out glitches are likely incomparable.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-10-2012, 03:20 PM
(19-09-2012 06:30 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Anyone kill a bonerfart yet?

Yes, but only for a very short while - it's a temporary name during one side quest.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
01-10-2012, 03:24 PM
(22-09-2012 09:44 PM)Vosur Wrote:  This game is really annoying me right now. Why would even play Zero as a sniper if it's fucking useless by the time you get around lvl 13? I can't wait until enemies come forth, because their appearance is triggered by you coming close to the buildings. By that time, it's too late to run away and sniper safely, so you whip out your pistol/SMG/assault rifle and kill them slowly. Add to that there are now these overpowered giant enemies that can take -several- headshots with the primary ability and take away your entire shield with one hit...

I hope it'll get better, otherwise I'll continue with the commander.

/rant

Yes, the buildings don't spawn enemies until you get fairly close, but that doesn't mean they all come running for you.

Learn your enemy types. Some are fast, some are slow. Some run up to you, others hang back and shoot.

Your first shot matters. Find the fastest, runniest guy and pop his brain pan. Maybe one or two more run your way. Get good and popping their brain pans on the run. Me, that's three bullets, three kills with Zero (though sometimes I miss a runner and need an extra shot).

Now what you have left is the slow ones walking your way, or the shooty ones staying back and firing at you. Zero is a match for any shooter, so kindly relocate their gray matter onto the nearest wall while the walkers head your way. Then switch to a shotgun or SMG for the walkers who, by now are nearby, go invisible, get up super close, and you can hear Zero's haiku about getting blood and snot on himself from such clean kills.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
01-10-2012, 04:26 PM
(01-10-2012 03:24 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Yes, the buildings don't spawn enemies until you get fairly close, but that doesn't mean they all come running for you.

Learn your enemy types. Some are fast, some are slow. Some run up to you, others hang back and shoot.

Your first shot matters. Find the fastest, runniest guy and pop his brain pan. Maybe one or two more run your way. Get good and popping their brain pans on the run. Me, that's three bullets, three kills with Zero (though sometimes I miss a runner and need an extra shot).

Now what you have left is the slow ones walking your way, or the shooty ones staying back and firing at you. Zero is a match for any shooter, so kindly relocate their gray matter onto the nearest wall while the walkers head your way. Then switch to a shotgun or SMG for the walkers who, by now are nearby, go invisible, get up super close, and you can hear Zero's haiku about getting blood and snot on himself from such clean kills.
Didn't you read anything I wrote after that? Huh

Anyway, I finally beat the game yesterday and continued playing Zero in the "True Vault Hunter Mode". I'm currently at lvl 37.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
01-10-2012, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2012 08:53 PM by Atothetheist.)
(01-10-2012 04:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(01-10-2012 03:24 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Yes, the buildings don't spawn enemies until you get fairly close, but that doesn't mean they all come running for you.

Didn't you read anything I wrote after that? Huh

Anyway, I finally beat the game yesterday and continued playing Zero in the "True Vault Hunter Mode". I'm currently at lvl 37.
I no lifed the game and ranked up to lvl 41. Now, all I need is the golden key so that I might get the weapon in the trunk that is supposedly tailored to the lvl you opened it up on, and tailored to your class.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
02-10-2012, 11:01 AM
(01-10-2012 04:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Didn't you read anything I wrote after that? Huh

Yep, but I had already posted. I left it because I felt maybe someone else is frustrated with sniping and I hoped the advice would help. Also because I liked some of my imagery and didn't want to edit...

My Zero is only level 31 in the Eridium Blight and I restarted with some friends and now have a 28 Axton - we just finished the Bunker. It's turned out to be more fun in group play (which didn't surprise me) but I'm not sure I am really seeing better loot - supposedly playing with 4 players causes the enemies to be tougher (it definitely does) and the loot to be better (I am not really sure on this point, seems pretty much the same to me).

02-10-2012, 01:17 PM
(02-10-2012 11:01 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(01-10-2012 04:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Didn't you read anything I wrote after that? Huh

Yep, but I had already posted. I left it because I felt maybe someone else is frustrated with sniping and I hoped the advice would help. Also because I liked some of my imagery and didn't want to edit...

My Zero is only level 31 in the Eridium Blight and I restarted with some friends and now have a 28 Axton - we just finished the Bunker. It's turned out to be more fun in group play (which didn't surprise me) but I'm not sure I am really seeing better loot - supposedly playing with 4 players causes the enemies to be tougher (it definitely does) and the loot to be better (I am not really sure on this point, seems pretty much the same to me).
Oh, it's completely fine. I just had the impression you thought I was still frustrated with playing him. Tongue

Hehe, that's a funny coincidence. I also started playing Axon with a friend of mine and we're currently at lvl 23. Not much of a change in loot indeed. But it's definetly easier in multiplayer mode due to the possibility to be revived by one of your teammates, etc.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
02-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Even better than the revival option is the added target. Often I use the old wife to attract the bad guys then launch a surprise attack replete with turret and explosive rounds.

Two times yesterday. We experienced insta death without contact and full health/shields. Don't know why. But with times we both bit the dust at the same time without being hit at different locations than each other. Anyone else get this before?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user