Borderlands 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2012, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2012 11:32 AM by houseofcantor.)
RE: Borderlands 2
ellenjanuary gamer tag, mofos. Get some. Big Grin

I haven't bought a full-price game in a dog's age, if that's a recommendation. Thumbsup

got my chick to level four without staying dead... Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Borderlands 2
Ludacris, I agree that when one manages to get an enemy alone *most* of them are fairly easy (fish in barrel might be a stretch IMO). But, a) that doesn't happen very often and b) I disagree that it's all enemies. Getting a single stalker alone is rarely like shooting fish in a barrel. Even the rakks in this version fight much better than they did before. They dodge the (admittedly slow) bullets very well. Sometimes frustratingly so.

Have you gotten the achievement yet for killing a flying creature by throwing an emptied Tediore weapon a it? THAT was satisfying!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
03-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Free to disagree. Everyone has the right to be wrong; )

I'm not much of an achievement chaser, for me even though it adds more replay to the games it makes me feel like im working. However I enjoy getting them by general play. That achievement I haven't gotten and might not. The flying enemies are super annoying.

Even though I'm the commando I've been sniping a ton lately because of my sexy sniper rifle loot. Mmm loot.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Who here has the Xbox 360 version with Xbox live? I want to play with some teammates.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
03-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Borderlands 2
(03-10-2012 03:36 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Who here has the Xbox 360 version with Xbox live? I want to play with some teammates.

I do. I play with my son. If you reach a level we have other characters at you're welcome to join us. I'll message you my gamer tag.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
04-10-2012, 01:14 AM
Only thing I really don't like is that every enemy seems to have the ability to one-shot you. I'm lvl 32, messing around before I have to go kill Jack, and my shields and health add up to around 9000 (it's over 9000!!) and yet I still get insta-killed by Banshees and random baddies missiles. More than half my deaths have been mysterious, where I look around in Fight For Your Life and there isn't an enemy in sight.

I also hate how the vehicle can nick a pebble and go flying into a 360 somersault. These are really annoying when trying to finish the already annoying timed mailbox missions.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
04-10-2012, 10:01 AM
(04-10-2012 01:14 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Only thing I really don't like is that every enemy seems to have the ability to one-shot you. I'm lvl 32, messing around before I have to go kill Jack, and my shields and health add up to around 9000 (it's over 9000!!) and yet I still get insta-killed by Banshees and random baddies missiles. More than half my deaths have been mysterious, where I look around in Fight For Your Life and there isn't an enemy in sight.

Same problem. Level 32 Zero and I'm almost helpless. I actually quit playing him solo for now because once I got past the Eridium Blight, the enemies in the next two zones are just too much to handle.

It takes me 7 or 8 CRITICAL hits with my best sniper rifle to kill most of them, but only one or two hits from them to kill me - and they never show up alone. Using other guns takes longer and exposes me to more damage since other guns are shorter range. Every fight now involves me sniping a few shots, going invisible, running halfway back across the map until they forget about me, sneaking back up and sniping a few shots, repeat several times to kill one enemy, repeat for the rest of the group of enemies.

After each group I have to run back to a vending machine to replace my ammo.

Slow. Tedious. Not fun. Prior to arriving in these zones, I had 381,000 dollars. Nothing to really spend it on so it's not much more than a score, as far as I know. Now I'm down to 225,000 from all my deaths. So, up through the Eridium Blight, my cash flow was positive, my skills and weapons and player ability enabled me to earn more than I spent on ammo and resurrections.

Not any more. It's a huge jump in the difficulty factor, almost like night and day - a fun and playable game up through Eridium Blight, a not very fun or playable game after that.

I don't want it easy. That's no fun. But I suddenly feel like my skills and gear at level 32 is not adequate to handle these level 30ish enemies and mostly level 29 quests.

On the other hand, so far I always know what killed me - no surprise deaths or unseen enemies, although sometimes it's hard to spot those hyperion soldiers who can go invisible like Zero.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
04-10-2012, 10:12 AM
(04-10-2012 10:01 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(04-10-2012 01:14 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Only thing I really don't like is that every enemy seems to have the ability to one-shot you. I'm lvl 32, messing around before I have to go kill Jack, and my shields and health add up to around 9000 (it's over 9000!!) and yet I still get insta-killed by Banshees and random baddies missiles. More than half my deaths have been mysterious, where I look around in Fight For Your Life and there isn't an enemy in sight.

Same problem. Level 32 Zero and I'm almost helpless. I actually quit playing him solo for now because once I got past the Eridium Blight, the enemies in the next two zones are just too much to handle.

It takes me 7 or 8 CRITICAL hits with my best sniper rifle to kill most of them, but only one or two hits from them to kill me - and they never show up alone. Using other guns takes longer and exposes me to more damage since other guns are shorter range. Every fight now involves me sniping a few shots, going invisible, running halfway back across the map until they forget about me, sneaking back up and sniping a few shots, repeat several times to kill one enemy, repeat for the rest of the group of enemies.

After each group I have to run back to a vending machine to replace my ammo.

Slow. Tedious. Not fun. Prior to arriving in these zones, I had 381,000 dollars. Nothing to really spend it on so it's not much more than a score, as far as I know. Now I'm down to 225,000 from all my deaths. So, up through the Eridium Blight, my cash flow was positive, my skills and weapons and player ability enabled me to earn more than I spent on ammo and resurrections.

Not any more. It's a huge jump in the difficulty factor, almost like night and day - a fun and playable game up through Eridium Blight, a not very fun or playable game after that.

I don't want it easy. That's no fun. But I suddenly feel like my skills and gear at level 32 is not adequate to handle these level 30ish enemies and mostly level 29 quests.

On the other hand, so far I always know what killed me - no surprise deaths or unseen enemies, although sometimes it's hard to spot those hyperion soldiers who can go invisible like Zero.
That's kind of weird. I haven't had any trouble in the end phase of the game. Even in the "True Vault Hunter Mode" (currently lvl 38), enemies that can take more than three headshots from my sniper rifle are quite rare. How much damage does your best sniper have? I'd recommend you to do all optional quests so that you can get the best gear possible (at the end of the normal mode I had a sniper with ~2400 damage) and use a powerful rocket launcher (~15,000 damage) in critical situations.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
04-10-2012, 10:57 AM
I have done every optional quest. I'm 3 levels higher than the main storyline quest, mostly because I've done all the optional stuff. I have a few sniper rifles I carry, my main one does about 1800 damage and I carry caustic and flaming sniper rifles for certain enemies, less damage but useful side effects - caustic seems way more effective against all sorts of hyperion loaders. My rocket launcher is about 13,000 damage and slag. I have about 7600 badass points and always choose shield capacity or recharge first and gun damage or fire rate if the shield stuff is not available - I don't even bother with the other stuff unless nothing good is on the list.

I've found Zero's special ability to be nearly useless in these fights except to escape - I would prefer winning to escaping, but the bonus damage I get from sniping invisibly applies to only one shot and then I'm running for my life from invisible, flying, or rocket-launching enemies.

My level 29 commando will have two turrets soon and I think he will be way more survivable in these maps. And my siren is only level 12 right now, but so far her ability really helps win fights too. So maybe it's just that I am having trouble with Zero.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
04-10-2012, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2012 10:42 PM by Buddy Christ.)
Finally went ahead and finished the game. I had just played through the Hyperion arena and so I was all ready for whatever they could throw at me. (Kind of spoilers but not really) Jack went down within 30 seconds. I only had to reload once. Then the "after-Jack" part, I think was glitched. I didn't take a single hit of damage. In fact the thing never looked at me. I just stood still emptying rounds into it while it ignored me. I even stood a foot away from it and nothing. Then the loot was all disappointing. Didn't find a single replacement item. Anyways, gonna play through as Turret guy now.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."