Borderlands 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2012, 02:49 AM
RE: Borderlands 2
Leo was looking for goodies with his 50 level commando. I hid in the cellar with my 22 level siren, went up a level like every fifteen minutes. Big Grin

Then I robbed the bank with Logish. That was work. Tongue

Now I'm 28. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2012, 02:50 AM
(07-10-2012 02:49 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Leo was looking for goodies with his 50 level commando. I hid in the cellar with my 22 level siren, went up a level like every fifteen minutes. Big Grin

Then I robbed the bank with Logish. That was work. Tongue

Now I'm 28. Thumbsup

Damn it cantor! I wish I could play with you... Do you have the Xbox version?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
07-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Nah. PC and Steam. :/

07-10-2012, 08:05 AM
(07-10-2012 07:32 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Nah. PC and Steam. :/

Awww... Sadly I don't have the reqs on my computer, it is such a dinosaur.

And being a minor I have no way of purchasing another without my parents permission, or funds. This is why I like console gaming, you rarely have to upgrade every couple of years.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
08-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Game must suck if I can beat it. Big Grin

George likes it too. He's all crashed. Thumbsup

08-10-2012, 08:43 PM
I figured out my problem.

After being stuck and unable to proceed, leaking cash like a Republican, I finally went and farmed Lynchwood for a level or two, killing bandits and looting. I hit level 34 and still couldn't do much, but then all of a sudden I found a rocket launcher that hits for 19k explosive damage and a sniper rifle that hits for 2297. Both were level 30 and I found them in vending machines in Sanctuary. I went back and finished the game now that I finally had some weapons capable of damaging the top end guys in the final two zones.

Those two extra levels didn't amount to much, a few extra HP, but those weapons turned the game around. I guess I had fallen so far behind in gear quality that I was unable to kill even the basic trash mobs, let alone handle difficult things like Saturn (completely unkillable before I got those two weapons).

Even though it seems to have only doubled my damage output, there is some kind of armor calculation so that when you hit for, say, 10k damage with a sniper critical against a specific target, the target loses something like 1/10 of its HP, but when you hit it for 20k damage, it kills them outright - double the damage is like 10x the actual damage applied after armor. Huge difference.

So, my tip is, if you're stuck and can't progress without dying far too often, step back, farm a little, and upgrade some weapons. Yep, it's a luck thing, I got lucky on those two purchaseable items from Sanctuary, no doubt about it. But it made the game playable again.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
10-10-2012, 08:20 AM
Had a crew last night wanted to up the hill after Angel at level 25. Found out it was doable. Big Grin

Have a 700 sniper and a 4k launcher, which makes me think AS, above, just sucks. Big Grin

Fucking game. All I do right now... Dodgy

10-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Borderlands 2
It's official: Mechromancer rocks. My son and I had tons of fun with it last night.

Tip: with 2 Mechros in your group you can basically have At least 1 Deathtrap in play 100% of the time. Tag teaming this way was fun.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
10-10-2012, 10:55 AM
(10-10-2012 08:20 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Had a crew last night wanted to up the hill after Angel at level 25. Found out it was doable. Big Grin

Not sure what that means? You went to go get Angel? In the Hyperion Bunker? Yeah, I found that doable around level 25 too. Those aren't the maps that became unplayable to me.

I loved the bunker, that whole fight before, during, and after was pretty fun. I've done it solo with Zero and in a 4-man crew as Axton, it was fun both times.

(10-10-2012 08:20 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Have a 700 sniper and a 4k launcher, which makes me think AS, above, just sucks. Big Grin

Never said I didn't suck, but this was not the difficult map. It's several maps later. And it's always easier with a crew. But if you want to handle the Arid Wastes solo, you may want better guns.

P.S. I agree that the Mechromancer is fun. Only level 10 so far, but Deathtrap rocks!

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
12-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Sux. Big Grin

And Mecro is for girls. Tongue

Prolly wasted a hundred shotgun shells blasting at that stupid robot. Big Grin