Borderlands 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2012, 11:13 PM
RE: Borderlands 2
Def harder. And yes on claptrap. Really enjoying being called a minion.
I'm the turret dude and he's pretty good. I feel like a jerk though because I was the turret guy last go around the most. He's the best overall because that turret is just awesome.

Not happy right now as the game is a huge bastard and made me spawn super far away when I died during a boss fight for some reason.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2012, 12:05 AM
I don't do any melee really with Zero, but snipe instead. I've found that with a good sniper rifle, assault and pistol of some sort (preferably with a scope) it's pretty efficient. I try to have 2 sniper rifles with me at all times (fire and another acidic) and then an explosive type rifle and then whatever else sounds good for the pistol. Then I have something for big damage vs fleshy stuff, vs robots and vs whatever else comes along.

PS: Shoot the helmets off of a Goliath, let them kill their way into godlike and enjoy the extra Iridium.
Find all posts by this user
22-09-2012, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2012 07:29 AM by Vosur.)
(21-09-2012 10:19 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Yeah I chose Zero too... thinking of changing characters before I get too far into it. Zero's ability is kinda boring. Go invisible, melee some dude, reappear. I loved sniping in Borderlands 1 but without Bloodwing it's just not as fun. Thinking of rerolling as either the turret dude, looks kind cool... or the chick, who has the best ability IMO.
Same here. I started a new game as a commander (the turret guy) and he's really fun to play as well. Throw turret, take assault rifle, unleash hell. Cool

Though I use Zero's ability to do this whole "tactical sniper" kind of thing. i.e. active ability, give one of the dudes a headshot, wait 15 seconds, repeat. That way, no enemies will be alarmed and you can take them out one by one.

(21-09-2012 10:19 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Differences I've noticed in the first and second games: this one seems harder. I die way more often than I used to. And Claptrap is funnier than he used to be. Going to rival Portal for funniest machine voice in a game.
Yeah, it's definetly harder than the first one.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
22-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Well I started over with the Commando and got shafted on all random loot. Though the turret is much better. Instead of a sweet shottie, I got a regular shottie. When I killed Boom Bewm, instead of a grenade mod that unleashed mini grenades like a mini-nuke I got a normal green mod. And when I killed Captain Flynt, his fat ass slid off the edge of a cliff along with his blue loot. So that was the last straw, I'll stick with Zero. I'm getting used to him (or her) anyways.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
22-09-2012, 09:44 PM
This game is really annoying me right now. Why would even play Zero as a sniper if it's fucking useless by the time you get around lvl 13? I can't wait until enemies come forth, because their appearance is triggered by you coming close to the buildings. By that time, it's too late to run away and sniper safely, so you whip out your pistol/SMG/assault rifle and kill them slowly. Add to that there are now these overpowered giant enemies that can take -several- headshots with the primary ability and take away your entire shield with one hit...

I hope it'll get better, otherwise I'll continue with the commander.

/rant

22-09-2012, 10:30 PM
I don't feel that sniping is at all useless by 13 at all. I'm 21 and snipe my way through pretty much everything. Hell, I even sniped my way through all 5 rounds of the arena.

It makes more sense though to keep more than one sniper depending on the enemy you encounter. Basically, a basic non-elemental sniper sucks. You get huge bonus damage for crit shots if you use the right rifle for the right enemy. Electro/Fire for shielded/fleshy stuff. Acidic for robots and such. HUGE bonus damage. Literally the difference is maybe 400-500 damage crit shot on a good regular rifle vs 1400 damage crit on an elemental weapon later on.

For enemies that get close, especially enemies carrying shields or something, an explosive damage gun is good to have. Don't forget good grenade use as well. Zero is kickass if you use him right.
23-09-2012, 05:36 AM
(22-09-2012 10:30 PM)Logisch Wrote:  I don't feel that sniping is at all useless by 13 at all. I'm 21 and snipe my way through pretty much everything. Hell, I even sniped my way through all 5 rounds of the arena.

It makes more sense though to keep more than one sniper depending on the enemy you encounter. Basically, a basic non-elemental sniper sucks. You get huge bonus damage for crit shots if you use the right rifle for the right enemy. Electro/Fire for shielded/fleshy stuff. Acidic for robots and such. HUGE bonus damage. Literally the difference is maybe 400-500 damage crit shot on a good regular rifle vs 1400 damage crit on an elemental weapon later on.

For enemies that get close, especially enemies carrying shields or something, an explosive damage gun is good to have. Don't forget good grenade use as well. Zero is kickass if you use him right.
Sniper rifles are quite rare for me in this game. I'm currently carrying a basic one with ~75 damage and no effects (for enemies that are immune to fire damage, i.e. Normad Pyro) and one fire elemental sniper with 110 damage. My pistol is a double shot explosive one with the ability to zoom. Guess I have to get a lot better at this game. Confused

23-09-2012, 05:49 AM
Dang man. Lol mine does about 200 + elemental damage. They are indeed pretty dang rare to run across. Believe it or not, some of the best rifles I found came out of gun vendor machines. Keep your eyes peeled for a good one.
24-09-2012, 05:42 AM
Vosur... you actually have to look for people BEFORE the red dots appear. If they aren't there, you may need to adjust your view distance. Or get a better video card. Or better eyes. My fire sniper rifle sets heads on fire and if anyone actually makes it to me, time to disappear. I've been blasting through this game. I'm bout to level 20 and I've loving this thing. Zero's ability isn't too bad. It gives your shield time to regen and pretty much gives you a one hit melee kill on whoever is around.

Sidenote, I love shooting the helmets off Goliaths. They're funny as sh!t. Angry... so GODDAMN ANGRY!!! DIE BITCH!!!

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
24-09-2012, 05:52 AM
I started playing this at my mate's flat yesterday... I really had no idea what was going on, I was waaaaaay too high to make sense of it. Tongue

I just let everyone else do mission stuff that didn't involve just killing everything I came across... the entire experience is kind of a haze for me.

[Image: opforum1.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  In the Borderlands UnderTheMicroscope 8 660 07-07-2011 01:45 PM
Last Post: Unbeliever