Poll: Are Christians creepy
Yes - EXTREMELY
Yes - kinda
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Borderline Creepy? [Christianity]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2014, 12:11 PM
Borderline Creepy? [Christianity]
So I have been deeply studying theism, I use to be a christian myself and in fact even preached at one point. Upon reflection, I converted a few years ago to Buddhism.

Anyway after looking at the class of people I have met throughout my life I realized that most of them are really really creepy.

I feel like if I were to go out on the street and talk to people about how my dog raised the dead, and could walk on water and if you didn't believe it they would suffer in a pool of urine for all eternity, they would lock me up. But for some reason if someone screams that a bearded man with magical powers will send you to an eternal lake of fire for not loving him for sacrificing his son that was really him, so as to atone for a sin at which he allowed, for making us the way we are . . . well it's all good then?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like BlackSwordsman's post
26-04-2014, 11:02 AM
RE: Borderline Creepy? [Christianity]
Borderline creepy? I'd say off-the-deep-end disturbing. Dodgy

Good to see you here, BlackSwordsman. Hope you find the crowd here a bit more comfortable to be around.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
26-04-2014, 11:21 AM
It depends.Undecided

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
26-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Cults are creepy.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
26-04-2014, 12:37 PM
I think Christianity is probably the creepiest of all the religions. It begins with the notion that people are born sinners from the get-go, so babies are sinners. Any religion that believes this is screwy, sick and sadistic and needs to fade away.

I'd rather be a damn Hindu.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
26-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Yes. Very much. Once you look back on it, it's actually kind of terrifying how desensitized you can be to the ridiculous amount of statues and depictions of some guy on a torture device, and the amount of praise hurled towards said guy on a torture device.

I find all religion creepy, though. All of them require being delusional to an extent.
26-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Christianity is creepy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-04-2014, 04:51 PM
You know those evangelical Christians who come around with those huge grins saying "we'd like to give you the good news." Now I'm thinking they look a lot like those twins from the shining.

In all honesty no. I find a great number to be self-righteous pricks, but that's also not universal. It seems to vary with denomination and geographical location. Now some of the dogma is vile and reprehensible, and some of the people are off-putting. But creepy? No. Bette Davis in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane was creepy. Christians? Not so much.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
26-04-2014, 08:31 PM
(26-04-2014 04:51 PM)natachan Wrote:  You know those evangelical Christians who come around with those huge grins saying "we'd like to give you the good news." Now I'm thinking they look a lot like those twins from the shining.

In all honesty no. I find a great number to be self-righteous pricks, but that's also not universal. It seems to vary with denomination and geographical location. Now some of the dogma is vile and reprehensible, and some of the people are off-putting. But creepy? No. Bette Davis in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane was creepy. Christians? Not so much.

This. ^^
26-04-2014, 08:37 PM
(26-04-2014 11:26 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Cults are creepy.

Particularly those whose leaders have been dead for millennia, allowing for countless snake oil salesmen to temporarily take their place Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post