Poll: Are Christians creepy
Yes - EXTREMELY
Yes - kinda
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Borderline Creepy? [Christianity]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2014, 12:51 AM
RE: Borderline Creepy? [Christianity]
(25-04-2014 12:11 PM)BlackSwordsman Wrote:  So I have been deeply studying theism, I use to be a christian myself and in fact even preached at one point. Upon reflection, I converted a few years ago to Buddhism.

Anyway after looking at the class of people I have met throughout my life I realized that most of them are really really creepy.

I feel like if I were to go out on the street and talk to people about how my dog raised the dead, and could walk on water and if you didn't believe it they would suffer in a pool of urine for all eternity, they would lock me up. But for some reason if someone screams that a bearded man with magical powers will send you to an eternal lake of fire for not loving him for sacrificing his son that was really him, so as to atone for a sin at which he allowed, for making us the way we are . . . well it's all good then?

I think Christianity is creepy in the sense that you worship a zombie and then you are supposed to eat and drink the metaphorical flesh and blood of this zombie and then you terrorize other people to turn them into zombies. That to me is also absurd and I feel like we are in the walking dead with the Atheists being the minority and trying to survive in this chaotic world. Except instead of killing the zombies we help them become survivors.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2014, 01:07 AM
RE: Borderline Creepy? [Christianity]
(25-04-2014 12:11 PM)BlackSwordsman Wrote:  So I have been deeply studying theism, I use to be a christian myself and in fact even preached at one point. Upon reflection, I converted a few years ago to Buddhism.

Anyway after looking at the class of people I have met throughout my life I realized that most of them are really really creepy.

I feel like if I were to go out on the street and talk to people about how my dog raised the dead, and could walk on water and if you didn't believe it they would suffer in a pool of urine for all eternity, they would lock me up. But for some reason if someone screams that a bearded man with magical powers will send you to an eternal lake of fire for not loving him for sacrificing his son that was really him, so as to atone for a sin at which he allowed, for making us the way we are . . . well it's all good then?

I voted 'kinda'. I find the beliefs uniformly creepy. The people, not necessarily so, but as a consequence of such their beliefs, it is a little.. off-putting...

(26-04-2014 12:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I think Christianity is probably the creepiest of all the religions. It begins with the notion that people are born sinners from the get-go, so babies are sinners. Any religion that believes this is screwy, sick and sadistic and needs to fade away.

I'd rather be a damn Hindu.

Hey man, not only does Islam have the 'we're all born sinful' stuff, but it also dictates down to what hand you can use to wipe your arse with (left hand, by the way; as such, never offer your left hand to a muslim). It also dictates some of predestination. It control pretty much all the practitioner does, and says that it could never be any other way.

That is a lot more creepy to me, man.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply