Bored

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2014, 07:29 PM
RE: Bored
(30-11-2014 06:00 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Dragon Age Inquisition is pretty good thus far, amazing graphics and massive storyline
I've heard a lot of positive things about that game, but I didn't enjoy the original Dragon Age game. Is this one anything like it?

I'm still downloading that MMO, Revs.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2014, 09:30 PM
(02-12-2014 07:29 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(30-11-2014 06:00 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Dragon Age Inquisition is pretty good thus far, amazing graphics and massive storyline
I've heard a lot of positive things about that game, but I didn't enjoy the original Dragon Age game. Is this one anything like it?

Thumbsup

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
02-12-2014, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 04:20 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(02-12-2014 07:29 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

They took the more streamlined combat of Dragon Age II, brought back the more in-depth character creation of Dragon Age: Origins, and dropped you into massive areas ripe for exploration and with a shit ton of stuff to do which Bioware openly admits is due to the success and popularity of Skyrim (which they saw as a paradigm shift in audience expectations of the genre). Now not only can you once again control all of the equipment used by your companions like a fussy mother on the first day of school, you can also collect resources to craft your own custom equipment and upgrades; in addition to customizing and upgrading the Inquisition and it's strongholds.

Still, might not be a bad idea to wait for a sale and see how much the game improves with a patch or two. Right now the cut-scenes are locks at 30FPS, and while it can be subverted, the fix actually breaks the character creation process. Also it looks like passive banter dialogue is bugged and doesn't occur as often as it should. Would also like to see them improve the performance a bit as well, even if it is a Frostbite Engine 3 game. Also, the UI is not very mouse friendly, and a controller is strongly recommended; I've enjoyed the game way more after I switched over to my 360 controller.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
03-12-2014, 01:39 AM
Play a bored game.
03-12-2014, 01:51 AM
^That's actually not a bad idea. You should totally join up to a tabletop RPG group.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
03-12-2014, 02:27 AM
Speaking of bored, I just realized I've posted nine times tonight, ten counting this one.Sorry for the spammyness.
I'll go now.
03-12-2014, 04:12 AM
(01-12-2014 10:35 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So far got Squirrel Girl (My main for the most part), Captain America, Mr Fantastic, and Cyclopes to level 60. Out of those 4 Cap was rough as he needs a Quality of life update bad he is built as a tank but they removed all his health regen so he ends up just being squishy. Cyclopes was the worst though, 1 button wonder, very boring to play but he gives nice synergies. Mr Fantastic was a lot of fun once I got him set up but he needs a rotation to work correctly. Squirrel Girl is OP as hell, she has 3 seperate raid viable builds Summoner/Squirrel based, Ranged, and Melee all of which do massive damage.

I went with Summoner for my SG and I have a ravenous pack of feral squirrels that just decimate all enemies in my path. I have her decently geared and can do a cosmic Mr Sinister run in under 4 minutes if I blitz it and skip trash. Without using her Ultimate (which is really nice) I can kill Cosmic Sinister, depending on what random abilities he has in like 3-4 minutes with the Ultimate less than 1.

Recently they had a BOGO sale on heroes and I picked a few up have a slate of new heroes to level of which Gambit is the one I am most looking forward to.

In game my SN is Revenanta as my regular SN was taken and you can't use numbers. Hit me up in game if you see me I am in a decent Super Group (the Guild/Clan of Marvel Heroes) with a lot of active players.

*Update: Gambit is now 60, man he went quick. Working on Black Widow now but she will rot at 52 as I do not like her play style but got an ultimate upgrade token from my random hero box. First time I got a double.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-12-2014, 06:01 AM
(02-12-2014 11:36 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  They took the more streamlined combat of Dragon Age II, brought back the more in-depth character creation of Dragon Age: Origins, and dropped you into massive areas ripe for exploration and with a shit ton of stuff to do which Bioware openly admits is due to the success and popularity of Skyrim (which they saw as a paradigm shift in audience expectations of the genre). Now not only can you once again control all of the equipment used by your companions like a fussy mother on the first day of school, you can also collect resources to craft your own custom equipment and upgrades; in addition to customizing and upgrading the Inquisition and it's strongholds.

Still, might not be a bad idea to wait for a sale and see how much the game improves with a patch or two. Right now the cut-scenes are locks at 30FPS, and while it can be subverted, the fix actually breaks the character creation process. Also it looks like passive banter dialogue is bugged and doesn't occur as often as it should. Would also like to see them improve the performance a bit as well, even if it is a Frostbite Engine 3 game. Also, the UI is not very mouse friendly, and a controller is strongly recommended; I've enjoyed the game way more after I switched over to my 360 controller.
I was going to check it out some time ago, but then I saw that BioWare didn't release a demo version that people can test out before they buy it (seems to be the norm these days). Oh well, I'll just have to wait until someone cracks it and then give it a try.

Revs, you should have told me that they have pay-to-win crap in that game; I could have saved myself the bandwidth. While the gameplay is pretty fun (I chose that racoon-looking guy), the fact that you can buy stuff that gives you a much better drop chance for items and other stuff with real money is a major turn off for me.

SAF, I played a tabletop RPG with a group of friends many years ago. The first time was pretty fun, the second time was unbelievably tedious. I think I'll pass.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
03-12-2014, 01:03 PM
(03-12-2014 06:01 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(02-12-2014 11:36 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  They took the more streamlined combat of Dragon Age II, brought back the more in-depth character creation of Dragon Age: Origins, and dropped you into massive areas ripe for exploration and with a shit ton of stuff to do which Bioware openly admits is due to the success and popularity of Skyrim (which they saw as a paradigm shift in audience expectations of the genre). Now not only can you once again control all of the equipment used by your companions like a fussy mother on the first day of school, you can also collect resources to craft your own custom equipment and upgrades; in addition to customizing and upgrading the Inquisition and it's strongholds.

I was going to check it out some time ago, but then I saw that BioWare didn't release a demo version that people can test out before they buy it (seems to be the norm these days). Oh well, I'll just have to wait until someone cracks it and then give it a try.

Revs, you should have told me that they have pay-to-win crap in that game; I could have saved myself the bandwidth. While the gameplay is pretty fun (I chose that racoon-looking guy), the fact that you can buy stuff that gives you a much better drop chance for items and other stuff with real money is a major turn off for me.

SAF, I played a tabletop RPG with a group of friends many years ago. The first time was pretty fun, the second time was unbelievably tedious. I think I'll pass.

The drop rate pots can be gotten in game with no money as well. I have a bunch of them sitting in my bank. Actually this f2p really avoids the pay to win portion as even if you drop a ton of cash you are not really that much better off than a free player.

04-12-2014, 09:56 PM
(29-11-2014 09:31 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I ran out of PC games to play quite some time ago and I can't seem to find any good ones that I haven't played yet. Do you guys have some recommendations? Consider

There’s a magical place, we’re on our way there
With toys in their millions all under one roof
– it’s called Toys ‘R’ Us!

Ooh, ooh... I wanna play on the big trucks!

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user