Bored? Here is a list!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2016, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2016 04:17 PM by skyking.)
RE: Bored? Here is a list!
we had fight club when Brad Pitt was in Primary school Big Grin
Before the fight club thing, an older kid was trying on bullying on the bus. he would sit behind me and kick the seat, things like that. I'd move, ignore him, whatever. One day I had enough and while the bus driver was turning a corner and busy, I turned around and popped him in the nose, and sat back down. Never had another problem with him.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
18-06-2016, 04:11 PM
(18-06-2016 03:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  For those of you who have Punched someone please give details!

Some people cannot listen, they only understand when you punch them.

Example 1: When I was in college, this girl was kinda my satellite. Always around me but at some point she got too hyper and she decided to splash water from the sink on me. I told her to stop, she kept going. I told her to stop firmly, she kept going. I told her, "if you do it again, I will punch you". She did it again, I punched her, she stopped.

Example 2: I have brothers... They only listened to my fists when we were kids. (But they also are twins and ganged up on me, so I had to use my fists) We are now "adults" and we try to adult well, so we are not using fists anymore.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 3 users Like Leerob's post
18-06-2016, 04:26 PM
(18-06-2016 03:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  For those of you who have Punched someone please give details!

Kids...fights ...it happens . Had a couple of college party brawls too, but can't remember the details...

I've definitely taken more than I've given, but I'm okay with that. The ones I gave counted.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
18-06-2016, 04:34 PM
(18-06-2016 08:41 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  You can learn more about people by the things they haven’t done on this list. Yes

What does my list say about me then?

Fired a Gun
Been Married
Fell in love
Gone on a blind date
Skipped school
Watched someone give birth
Watched someone die
Ridden in an ambulance
Been to Europe
Been to Asia
Been to Africa
Been to America (continent)
Been to Australia (Given that I've only ever lived here, does this actually count?)
Flown in a HELICOPTER
Flown in a plane
Partied so hard you puked
Been on a cruise
Served on a jury
Been on TV
Danced in the rain
Been to New York City
Played in a band
Sang karaoke
Made prank phone calls
Laughed so much you cried
Caught a snowflake on your tongue
Had children
Had a pet
Been sledding on a big hill
Been downhill skiing
Been water skiing
Rode on a motorcycle
Jumped out of a plane
Been to a drive-in movie
Punched Someone
Rode an elephant
Rode a Horse
Been in the newspaper
Stayed in a hospital
Donated blood
Gotten a piercing
Gotten a tattoo
Driven a stick shift vehicle
Driven over 100 mph/kmph
Been scuba diving
Lived on your own
Rode in the back of police car
Got a speeding ticket
Broken a Bone
Gotten stitches
Traveled Alone

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-06-2016, 04:36 PM
(18-06-2016 01:13 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I feel that the prank call item is dependent on age.

Am I only one who has made an entertaining afternoon out of picking random numbers from the phone book and ad libbing a call for laughs before the advent of caller ID?

In the 50's it was the thing to do for entertainment. "Is your refrigerator running?"
"Yes"
"Better catch it before it gets out the door."
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
18-06-2016, 05:00 PM
(18-06-2016 04:36 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 01:13 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I feel that the prank call item is dependent on age.

Am I only one who has made an entertaining afternoon out of picking random numbers from the phone book and ad libbing a call for laughs before the advent of caller ID?

In the 50's it was the thing to do for entertainment. "Is your refrigerator running?"
"Yes"
"Better catch it before it gets out the door."

Hell, still was in the early nineties. Stupid caller ID. Our favorite one was 1 800 TAMPON. You could send a free box of tampons to anyone you wanted.

While obviously childish and idiotic at this point in my life, it was fucking hilarious when we were 13. Big Grin

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
18-06-2016, 05:11 PM
Punching someone ain't anything I'm proud of, I'd rather talk about the bands I've been in.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
18-06-2016, 05:16 PM

One was when I was a store detective and apprehended a shoplifter who attacked me. So of course had to defend myself.

One was at a bar when I was in college. A giant of a girl kept starting with my friend (who is 5',100 lbs) over ridiculousness. I have the patience of a saint--until I have no more patience. And it takes a lot for me to lose my patience, but when I do, I do Angel

I have three brothers, so lots of punching and beating each other up growing up. Laugh out load

And I take Krav Maga...
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
18-06-2016, 05:16 PM
Fired a Gun
Been Married
Fell in love
Gone on a blind date
Skipped school
Watched someone give birth 3 times
Watched someone die
Ridden in an ambulance
Been to Europe
Been to Asia
Been to Africa
Been to to America (continent)
Been to Australia
Seen the Grand Canyon in person
Flown in a helicopter
Flown in a plane
Partied so hard you puked
Been on a cruise
Served on a jury
Been on TV
Danced in the rain
Played in a band
Sang karaoke
Made prank phone calls
Laughed so much you cried
Caught a snowflake on your tongue
Had children
Had a pet
Been sledding on a big hill
Been downhill skiing [/]
[B]Been water skiing

Rode on a motorcycle
Jumped out of a plane
Been to a drive-in movie
Punched Someone
Rode an elephant
Rode a Horse
Been in the newspaper
Stayed in a hospital
Donated blood
Gotten a piercing
Gotten a tattoo
Driven a stick shift vehicle
Driven an automatic vehicle
Driven over 100 mph/kmph FYI 100 kmph is only about 60 mph.
Been scuba diving
Lived on your own
Rode in the back of police car
Got a speeding ticket
Broken a Bone
Gotten stitches
Traveled Alone

I'm actually a pretty boring person in real life.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
18-06-2016, 05:27 PM
A skirmish in 3rd grade. Exact cause escapes me. But I just had to connect. In the tummy. It felt good.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg