Born This Way?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2017, 03:39 PM
RE: Born This Way?
(20-07-2017 03:37 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 03:15 PM)morondog Wrote:  Not any weirder than having Christians talk to kids and inflict their bullshit. Probably substantially better in fact. At least a transgender speaker is going to most probably start a discussion on inclusiveness.

A trans speaker I get, but a drag queen is different than a trans person.

Ah, I thought they came under the same umbrella... as the bishop said to the actress Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Thank you, Emma, for saying this. It annoys me so when people just lump them together. Someone here (Brazil, I mean) actually told me, that they use the same word for trans people, for transvestites and even for drag queens. Not being a native speaker I couldn't really comment, but I highly, HIGHLY doubt this is the case.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
20-07-2017, 04:01 PM
(20-07-2017 03:09 PM)Emma Wrote:  Hi Ron, thanks for sharing!

Can you please tell me why you think being transgender is trendy? If it's because a lot of people are coming out as trans, is it possible that it's because it's become more socially acceptable in the last 5 years or so- so more people are open and willing to talk about it openly?

Also, that's the first I've heard of having drag queens talk about doing drag to children. Consider That's... strange I guess.

Regarding that person you met in the past, I know that if I were that person, I'd hope you would use the pronouns that I had shown to be my preferred. In my case, please please please do not talk about me as "he/she" or "him/her" to other people. The pronouns "she/her" would be appreciated. That's not a chastisement or a demand or anything, just a request. I'll refer to that person as "she" because she transitioned to live as a woman.

As for her loss of marriage and business- it's a sad fact that many trans people lose their spouses as a result of the transition. Marriages often cannot withstand the amount of change. And unless your spouse is bisexual then there's a good chance that they won't be attracted to you after you transition. Plus there's a whole lot of other issues that come up, and society is still not entirely accepting of trans people- let alone how things were more than two decades ago.

And discrimination can make it hard to keep a job. It must be difficult to keep a business if you have to rely on customers or clients that might be bigoted about you transitioning.

I hope that she was able to make a new life and be happy! Smile

I can only speak for what is going on over here of course and the discussion.... no, not discussion, since you get booed at and shunned, labeled fascist and racist as soon as you even dare question it, seems to not only encourage those who really are that way, but also entices many to "feel" that way, because it is "the right thing to do", a statement, a way to create some form of identity. Swedish society as I experience it, is a society where no one is/was allowed to be different, to stick out, where everything and everyone had to be..... normal, average and yet political correctness prohibits you from questioning anyone who dares to claim to be something else. Very double moral.
The dragqueen story was actually an article I read a few weeks ago, taking place in a kindergarden in New York.
As for the person, his name was David, I have no idea what became of him/her, so I can honestly not know how to refer to him/her. His business.... well, folks were even less comfortable with subjects like this one then they are now, so they avoided dealing with them.
As for you, to me that is clear. You're a "she". Period. That's how I got to know you. That is what you are to me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user