Born again, again!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2015, 11:15 AM
Born again, again!
Hi everyone,

My name is Nieko and I'm from the UK. For the sake of an introduction I'll just gloss over my situation with the hope that I can share it in more detail at a later date. So...

I find myself here after one too many run ins with the Evangelicals; conflicts over evolution, homosexuality, no clear answers on exactly how "God told me" _________ (insert said evangelical's issue that they have to dress up as a message from the supernatural) or indeed why he told you to tell me and didn't tell me himself... and stifled laughing under my hair whilst tongues were being spoken - did somebody just say 'kookaburra'?
The witnessing of lintels being painted with well, I guess air with an invisible brush to protect the 'kookaburra' room from spiritual attack, falling over in church, tithing, people putting themselves in tithe poverty - no joke, the 10% going to the church with not enough money left over for food or travel to work - "we must be obedient, there must be a reason for this"...

Historically I've found that when the questions start coming that is my subconscious telling me that stuff just ain't right. A few web searches later and I've found TTA podcasts, Christopher Hitchens debates, the atheist experience and a world of information to help me out.

So here I am, I hope to 'meet' some open minded people who care to discuss things sensibly and without fear of judgement, rejection and all the rest.

Thanks Smile

- Talking lions, magic wardrobes, witches with Turkish Delight - GOOD - Muggles, Quidditch and Dark Arts Lessons - BAD -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Nieko Sx's post
03-03-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Born again, again!
Welcome aboard the reality-train.

Expect some judgement and rejection... probably means you're doing it right.

Big Grin

03-03-2015, 11:26 AM
(03-03-2015 11:15 AM)Nieko Sx Wrote:  ... and stifled laughing under my hair whilst tongues were being spoken - did somebody just say 'kookaburra'?

Made me laugh. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-03-2015, 11:31 AM
(03-03-2015 11:26 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-03-2015 11:15 AM)Nieko Sx Wrote:  ... and stifled laughing under my hair whilst tongues were being spoken - did somebody just say 'kookaburra'?

Made me laugh. Big Grin

Kudos GirlyMan, that really doesn't sound much different!

- Talking lions, magic wardrobes, witches with Turkish Delight - GOOD - Muggles, Quidditch and Dark Arts Lessons - BAD -
03-03-2015, 11:59 AM
Welcome Nieko!

Girly: That bird! Laughat
03-03-2015, 02:05 PM
I'm imagining a chorus of kookaburra's! Welcome Nieko Sx!
03-03-2015, 03:02 PM
Welcome! Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-03-2015, 04:13 PM
(03-03-2015 11:15 AM)Nieko Sx Wrote:  Hi everyone,

My name is Nieko and I'm from the UK. For the sake of an introduction I'll just gloss over my situation with the hope that I can share it in more detail at a later date. So...

I find myself here after one too many run ins with the Evangelicals; conflicts over evolution, homosexuality, no clear answers on exactly how "God told me" _________ (insert said evangelical's issue that they have to dress up as a message from the supernatural) or indeed why he told you to tell me and didn't tell me himself... and stifled laughing under my hair whilst tongues were being spoken - did somebody just say 'kookaburra'?
The witnessing of lintels being painted with well, I guess air with an invisible brush to protect the 'kookaburra' room from spiritual attack, falling over in church, tithing, people putting themselves in tithe poverty - no joke, the 10% going to the church with not enough money left over for food or travel to work - "we must be obedient, there must be a reason for this"...

Historically I've found that when the questions start coming that is my subconscious telling me that stuff just ain't right. A few web searches later and I've found TTA podcasts, Christopher Hitchens debates, the atheist experience and a world of information to help me out.

So here I am, I hope to 'meet' some open minded people who care to discuss things sensibly and without fear of judgement, rejection and all the rest.

Thanks Smile

Meet Nieko Sx, a person who has just crossed over the abyss of the improbable en route down a one way street commonly known as "The Realm Of Reason."

[Image: rod-serling.jpg]

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
10-03-2015, 03:51 PM
(03-03-2015 11:15 AM)Nieko Sx Wrote:  Hi everyone,

Thanks Smile

Welcome! But... What's with the signature? Consider Do you not like HP? Evil_monster

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
10-03-2015, 05:05 PM
Consider yourself in good company.

Many idealistic, thoughtful people faced rejection.

http://www.budbilanich.com/50-famous-peo...r-success/

Einstein, Darwin, Henry Ford, Bill Gates, Edison, the Wright Brothers......

Yeah.... You'll make it...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.