Boston on lockdown?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 06:23 AM
Boston on lockdown?
And surrounding suburbs look like a police state, with cops walking around with assault rifles in the street (I don't think I'd mind in this instance). This is Jack's complete lack of surprise!Undecided
Apparently 1 bomber is dead, the other being hunted down in Boston.
"massive manhunt for marathon bombing suspect" is the headline on the ticker.
Don't quote me, but I think at least one of them is/was Chechen.
Would anybody not be surprised if some media entity uses that as like a post-evil-soviet-empire reason for "americans" to fear/hate Russians? I'm not nostradamos; I'm not predicting, so don't get your undies in a bunch, I'm just saying.
Anyway.
I'm sure someone else has asked this question on another thread, but IF this guy is caught ALIVE, what's a perfectly reasonable person's (like you) idea of an appropriate punishment for this guy?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 06:47 AM
RE: Boston on lockdown?
(19-04-2013 06:23 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  And surrounding suburbs look like a police state, with cops walking around with assault rifles in the street (I don't think I'd mind in this instance). This is Jack's complete lack of surprise!Undecided
Apparently 1 bomber is dead, the other being hunted down in Boston.
"massive manhunt for marathon bombing suspect" is the headline on the ticker.
Don't quote me, but I think at least one of them is/was Chechen.
Would anybody not be surprised if some media entity uses that as like a post-evil-soviet-empire reason for "americans" to fear/hate Russians? I'm not nostradamos; I'm not predicting, so don't get your undies in a bunch, I'm just saying.
Anyway.
I'm sure someone else has asked this question on another thread, but IF this guy is caught ALIVE, what's a perfectly reasonable person's (like you) idea of an appropriate punishment for this guy?

Gotta hand it to the Yanks, from my side of the world, it looks like you guys were able to react pretty fast to the bombings, cudos to the officials and volunteers who got, and are getting, shit done.

As for your question as to the punishment for the suspect once their have been caught and proven guilty:

Life imprisonment, I would not be against his Life being coupled with Hard Labour. In addition, I would say that all assets owned by the now convicted should be turned over to City jurisdiction so they may be handed out liberally to those affected by their crimes.
This person/people are likely far beyond the reach of Rehabilitation, their crimes speak for themselves to such a conclusion, given their premeditated nature and execution, and I would not shed a single tear if they spent the rest of their lives playing "Don't drop the soap ".

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-04-2013, 06:49 AM
(19-04-2013 06:23 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Don't quote me, but I think at least one of them is/was Chechen.
Would anybody not be surprised if some media entity uses that as like a post-evil-soviet-empire reason for "americans" to fear/hate Russians?

That would be somewhat of a feat, seeing as Chechnya is going at it with Russia, have been for a long time (and it's hard to really blame them; not that I'm condoning terrorism, but violence and oppression do breed violence and resistance).

It is really weird to have a Chechen terrorist in the States though. Probably more of a religious than a national thing. I guess we'll just have to wait.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
19-04-2013, 06:52 AM
Ab-So-Lutely FT. But to take it just a step further: if he's dumb enough to point a weapon, of any sort, at the horde of law enforcement agents charged with his apprehension?...... No tears then, either!!!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
19-04-2013, 06:55 AM
(19-04-2013 06:49 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 06:23 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Don't quote me, but I think at least one of them is/was Chechen.
Would anybody not be surprised if some media entity uses that as like a post-evil-soviet-empire reason for "americans" to fear/hate Russians?

That would be somewhat of a feat, seeing as Chechnya is going at it with Russia, have been for a long time (and it's hard to really blame them; not that I'm condoning terrorism, but violence and oppression do breed violence and resistance).

It is really weird to have a Chechen terrorist in the States though. Probably more of a religious than a national thing. I guess we'll just have to wait.

Have you ever known it to be difficult to whip, say...a religious person for sake of argument...., into a mouth-foaming hard-on for retribution meted out with senseless violence? Evil_monster
The "good" folks in Mississippi might not differentiated between Russians and chechens.

19-04-2013, 06:56 AM
(19-04-2013 06:52 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Ab-So-Lutely FT. But to take it just a step further: if he's dumb enough to point a weapon, of any sort, at the horde of law enforcement agents charged with his apprehension?...... No tears then, either!!!

If this person does point a weapon at, what I imagine would be something along the lines of heavily armed and armoured SWAT personnel, I would not shed a tear if deadly force was applied.

Hell, I'd laugh.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
19-04-2013, 07:02 AM
(19-04-2013 06:55 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Have you ever known it to be difficult to whip, say...a religious person for sake of argument...., into a mouth-foaming hard-on for retribution meted out with senseless violence? Evil_monster
The "good" folks in Mississippi might not differentiated between Russians and chechens.

Fair enough. I still remember some idiot going at those poor Sikhs, simply because they ''looked" Muslim to him No

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
19-04-2013, 08:56 AM
(19-04-2013 06:55 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 06:49 AM)Vera Wrote:  That would be somewhat of a feat, seeing as Chechnya is going at it with Russia, have been for a long time (and it's hard to really blame them; not that I'm condoning terrorism, but violence and oppression do breed violence and resistance).

Have you ever known it to be difficult to whip, say...a religious person for sake of argument...., into a mouth-foaming hard-on for retribution meted out with senseless violence? Evil_monster

The biggest issue with the human race , that is!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
19-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Hell, I wouldn't even shed a tear if they just found and shot the bastard. He killed dozens, mutilated even more, and everyone he hurt and killed was probably innocent of any crime or wrongdoing. He won't be missed or cried over, not by me.

On the other hand, I don't condone vigilante justice, not because I care about the life of the criminal, but because vigilantes often get things wrong, even police vigilantes. That's why we have trials, to make sure, as much as possible, that the right guy is convicted of the crime. So while I would shed no tears if this guy gets shot on the spot, right where they find him, I would worry about our justice system if that shooting wasn't provoked by the bomber trying to assault the arresting officers with deadly force.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
19-04-2013, 09:35 AM
(19-04-2013 06:55 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Have you ever known it to be difficult to whip, say...a religious person for sake of argument...., into a mouth-foaming hard-on for retribution meted out with senseless violence? Evil_monster

Yeah, like you are a fair and unprejudiced mind, and all your atheist friends are just as fair minded.Thumbsup

What do you get paid to do in this world - pour coffee at Starbucks???

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool