Boston on lockdown?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 09:40 AM
RE: Boston on lockdown?
(19-04-2013 09:24 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  On the other hand, I don't condone vigilante justice, not because I care about the life of the criminal, but because vigilantes often get things wrong, even police vigilantes.

When you are at the higher level of intelligence, and realize that most people are stupid - you realize that culling the herd, by these incidents is somewhat efficient. I assure you the politicians, including the bleeding heart liberal Democrats, understand this, as well. Only you stupid Christian-like idiots believe in the power of dumb people.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 09:45 AM
I'm hoping they catch him alive to observe and question his psyche and possibly provide answers to the pair's relationship and what led up to the horrible event.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
19-04-2013, 10:22 AM
I hesitate to comment, because we don't know the if's, how's or why's yet. And I realize that the only reason this event is getting the attention it is, is because it was done on american soil. Such events in other countries hardly get a blip on the radar in the states, especially when they come from the wings of a drone.

However, senseless killings are just that. I sometimes wonder if perhaps there might be some merit to bringing back public torture and execution.

Just saying....

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
19-04-2013, 10:33 AM
(19-04-2013 10:22 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  I hesitate to comment, because we don't know the if's, how's or why's yet. And I realize that the only reason this event is getting the attention it is, is because it was done on american soil. Such events in other countries hardly get a blip on the radar in the states, especially when they come from the wings of a drone.

Word. Things like this never interfere with my mood the day they happen. If one was obligated to not be happy or content every day that there was great suffering occurring somewhere in the world, we would always be unhappy and discontent, because there is great suffering occurring somewhere in the world every day. I simply can't be greatly affected by the event unless I am somehow personally connected to it (as in I was there or somebody I knew was there/hurt/killed).

I can still acknowledge that such tragedies are terrible though, but they don't stop me from going about my day as usual. Americans in general do the same thing, they aren't affected by an event that greatly unless it happens on American soil.

[Image: giphy.gif]
19-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Re: Boston on lockdown?
My money is on the police killing him. Before we can get answers
19-04-2013, 10:55 AM
(19-04-2013 09:35 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 06:55 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Have you ever known it to be difficult to whip, say...a religious person for sake of argument...., into a mouth-foaming hard-on for retribution meted out with senseless violence? Evil_monster
The "good" folks in Mississippi might not differentiated between Russians and chechens.

Yeah, like you are a fair and unprejudiced mind, and all your atheist friends are just as fair minded.Thumbsup

What do you get paid to do in this world - pour coffee at Starbucks???

At least HE has a job. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-04-2013, 10:58 AM
(19-04-2013 10:52 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  My money is on the police killing him. Before we can get answers

Oh we'll be given "answers". Whatever answers are needed....

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
19-04-2013, 11:24 AM
(19-04-2013 06:23 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  ... what's a perfectly reasonable person's (like you) idea of an appropriate punishment for this guy?

Big assumption!

19-04-2013, 11:27 AM
I think he'll commit suicide before we get answers.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

19-04-2013, 11:47 AM
(19-04-2013 09:35 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 06:55 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Have you ever known it to be difficult to whip, say...a religious person for sake of argument...., into a mouth-foaming hard-on for retribution meted out with senseless violence? Evil_monster
The "good" folks in Mississippi might not differentiated between Russians and chechens.

Yeah, like you are a fair and unprejudiced mind, and all your atheist friends are just as fair minded.Thumbsup

What do you get paid to do in this world - pour coffee at Starbucks???

Maybe not comPLETEly free of prejudice, but always fair!
I bet people pay you to leave them alone, or to leave a room Drinking Beverage Must be a very lucrative enterprise!