Boston on lockdown?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 01:01 PM
RE: Boston on lockdown?
(19-04-2013 10:22 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  I sometimes wonder if perhaps there might be some merit to bringing back public torture and execution.

Just saying....

That just creates martyrs and more crazed people identifying...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 01:12 PM
(19-04-2013 01:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 10:22 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  I sometimes wonder if perhaps there might be some merit to bringing back public torture and execution.

Just saying....

That just creates martyrs and more crazed people identifying...

True enough. I'm on the fence when it comes to the death penalty. I don't believe that anybody is a good enough judge to take another's life for (almost) any reason. However, in cases like this, I'm not really concerned so much with creating more martyrs, crazy is as crazy does, and always will. There's crazy to spare out there. Let's make a fucking example at some point. Bin Laden got off easy. Saddam, well, that whole situation was fucked up from the beginning, but at least the world got to watch what happens to a twatwad when they push the limits.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
19-04-2013, 01:24 PM
(19-04-2013 11:47 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 09:35 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Yeah, like you are a fair and unprejudiced mind, and all your atheist friends are just as fair minded.Thumbsup

What do you get paid to do in this world - pour coffee at Starbucks???

Maybe not comPLETEly free of prejudice, but always fair!
I bet people pay you to leave them alone, or to leave a room Drinking Beverage Must be a very lucrative enterprise!

You'd be surprised how accurate you are. Somewhere around here Girly posted a YouTube video or two of our resident Trainwreck. It might be time to resurrect that thread. I'll have to go look for it. Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Why do some people here get soo butthurt about the fact that a bombing on US soil gets more coverage in the US media, then other places.

To take it to an extreme, you will be more effected by your mom being murdered then someone you've never met in a country you;'ve never been to.

Please get off of this whole hippy "we are the world" bullshit.
19-04-2013, 02:25 PM
(19-04-2013 02:23 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Why do some people here get soo butthurt about the fact that a bombing on US soil gets more coverage in the US media, then other places.

To take it to an extreme, you will be more effected by your mom being murdered then someone you've never met in a country you;'ve never been to.

It's more baffling why it bothers you. This is at least the 2nd time you've made yourself sound like an ignorant redneck on this issue.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
19-04-2013, 02:31 PM
(19-04-2013 02:23 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Why do some people here get soo butthurt about the fact that a bombing on US soil gets more coverage in the US media, then other places.

Well, when you take the time to put everything into perspective, we are the world.

I'll be honest. When I first heard that there was a bombing at the Boston marathon, my initial reaction was, huh, here we go again. Drinking Beverage

This is my reaction to all horrible tragedies across the board because, well, they're just commonplace in the world. But this is a thread directly addressing the issue so after some succinct thought about said issue, that is my opinion.

I ain't no fucking hippy. Angry

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
19-04-2013, 03:58 PM
(19-04-2013 02:25 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

It's more baffling why it bothers you. This is at least the 2nd time you've made yourself sound like an ignorant redneck on this issue.

When responding to someone who sounds like [Image: bscap0002.jpg]
I guess I would sound like

[Image: 417429_10151096035564491_681478343_n.jpg]

to them.

Don't act all high and mighty when people pay more attention to terrorist shit going on in their own country. This means your probably too hipster for any sliver of patriotism, or you think everyone is equally worthless.
19-04-2013, 06:45 PM
(19-04-2013 01:24 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  You'd be surprised how accurate you are. Somewhere around here Girly posted a YouTube video or two of our resident Trainwreck. It might be time to resurrect that thread. I'll have to go look for it.

Don't be afraid to ask - I might help your sorry ass out.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
[+] 1 user Likes TrainWreck's post
19-04-2013, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 07:13 PM by TrainWreck.)
(19-04-2013 11:47 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I bet people pay you to leave them alone, or to leave a room Drinking Beverage Must be a very lucrative enterprise!

I don't pan handle as much as before, because I got hooked up with a $1300 apartment in Brooklyn, $200 food stamps, and $180 cash allowance that I can spend on beer and weed. I spend the day in my pajamas painting childish pictures, and writing about my life on Facebook. I know how to prepare and cook, so I eat really well.

You know how you thought, that if you had the opportunity to take advantage of the welfare system, how you would do it efficiently, and so on??? That is what I am doing, because I know the country is going bankrupt, and when it does, you will need a new constitution, and I have that; and I will be very well taken care of by the government, beyond that - right??? You know I'll be famous - making mad money making speeches like a retired president - do you feel me, G.

So, may I ask again, what is that you get paid to do - shit head??? I'm living well on your dime - bitch.

I spend the whole day stoned, and I drink beer each night listening to the Yankee games - it's great, don't you know??? How is your family doing - you taking care of them - they going to be well taken care of - get good jobs, like you?

You want to see pictures of my apartment - mother fucker???

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
19-04-2013, 07:03 PM
I think most prefer prefer that psychos like you stay home, loaded, watching the TV, and surfing the net. Kind of like being in a mental ward but without the keeper I suppose.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post