Botched Lethal Injections in the US

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2014, 05:56 PM
RE: Botched Lethal Injections in the US
I don't see that the lethal injections are 'botched'. The condemned died. And probably easier than their victim(s) did.

But I agree this dumbass cocktail of drugs is stupid. If an animal can be put down with a simple shot so can a murderer.

- signed Honey Badger

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-07-2014, 06:20 PM
How many supposed serial killers become violent only after being incarcerated? Inmates that behave themselves whether wrongfully accused, or not, wouldn't get the axe, mind you. I just can't shake the want for those who persist, and are persistent at it, to be stopped before they get lucky.
Actually, if anybody knows, have there ever been violent inmates with aids that tried crazy crap like biting their lip to draw blood and spitting in the direction of whoever's faces, and how are they dealt with, right now? Heavily restrained, obviously, but there's got to be some pretty stringent procedures to follow for the caretakers/guards/whatevers, right? I'm just curious what those are.

28-07-2014, 06:26 PM
My brother is prison guard. They get bit, spit on, urine and feces thrown at them...that doesn't even begin to include all the other bullshit they have to put up with. My brother is a BIG guy and strong...most people would think twice about fucking with him. But inmates don't have much else to do other than think of ways to screw with the guards.

And what the hell????? How many serial killers become violent after incarcerated? WTAF does that even mean? They weren't violent when they were out killing multiple people? I am thinking that the killing aspect of their crimes is violence prior to incarceration.

JebusKeereist. SMH

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

28-07-2014, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2014 06:37 PM by TheGulegon.)
(28-07-2014 06:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My brother is prison guard. They get bit, spit on, urine and feces thrown at them...that doesn't even begin to include all the other bullshit they have to put up with. My brother is a BIG guy and strong...most people would think twice about fucking with him. But inmates don't have much else to do other than think of ways to screw with the guards.

And what the hell????? How many serial killers become violent after incarcerated? WTAF does that even mean? They weren't violent when they were out killing multiple people? I am thinking that the killing aspect of their crimes is violence prior to incarceration.

JebusKeereist. SMH

Revs was talking about people who were supposed to have been serial killers, but later were proven innocent. I asked how many of those people who were actually innocent of the crime of multiple homicide actually became violent after they were wrongfully imprisoned. My guess would be most stay non-violent, since they aren't really murderers, but I don't have any stats.

28-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Who was that guy who wanted botched execution videos sold on line?Confused
28-07-2014, 07:00 PM
(28-07-2014 06:20 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  How many supposed serial killers become violent only after being incarcerated? Inmates that behave themselves whether wrongfully accused, or not, wouldn't get the axe, mind you. I just can't shake the want for those who persist, and are persistent at it, to be stopped before they get lucky.
Actually, if anybody knows, have there ever been violent inmates with aids that tried crazy crap like biting their lip to draw blood and spitting in the direction of whoever's faces, and how are they dealt with, right now? Heavily restrained, obviously, but there's got to be some pretty stringent procedures to follow for the caretakers/guards/whatevers, right? I'm just curious what those are.

Those procedures vary between countries, between states, and between specific prisons.

Anyway, if you're using the "they'll eventually get lucky" argument, you're saying that mistakes will inevitably occur. This then necessarily applies to all other steps in the process - thus, implicit recognition that innocents will be convicted, and sentenced to everything up to and including capital punishment.

... this is my signature!
28-07-2014, 07:17 PM
(28-07-2014 07:00 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(28-07-2014 06:20 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  How many supposed serial killers become violent only after being incarcerated? Inmates that behave themselves whether wrongfully accused, or not, wouldn't get the axe, mind you. I just can't shake the want for those who persist, and are persistent at it, to be stopped before they get lucky.

Those procedures vary between countries, between states, and between specific prisons.

Anyway, if you're using the "they'll eventually get lucky" argument, you're saying that mistakes will inevitably occur. This then necessarily applies to all other steps in the process - thus, implicit recognition that innocents will be convicted, and sentenced to everything up to and including capital punishment.

But I'd wager that some one who didn't actually commit the outrageous number of homicides he/she was wrongfully convicted of would repeatedly attempt to commit murder while incarcerated. Not becoming violent in prison isn't an indicator of innocence itself, but it's enough to keep even the real murderers from death row.

28-07-2014, 07:22 PM
After reading through two threads of this, I'm still completely on the fence. I can see both sides (and yes, Guley, cost does factor in for me. I'm one of those dirty fiscal conservatives Hobo )

I just see valid points on both sides. The cost of the death penalty is higher. With our current system the death penalty has almost become cruel and unusual, but with our current prison system a life sentence could also be seen as cruel and unusual. Some people we are truly better off as a society with them dead. Our society has a right to be free from the harm these people would cause. Our government shouldn't have the right to decide the death of an individual. I don't think "we can never know for sure, so the death penalty has to go" is necessarily good reasoning. I understand the finality of the death penalty is a valid point, but you can use that argument for any kind of punishment we dole out through our legislative process. Sure there's not as much of a finality to 15 year prison sentences, but I can't even begins to imagine the ramifications this would inflict on an innocent person in their life. FOREVER... Even if exonerated at some point.

I don't know if this is an issue I'll ever feel good about either way No

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
28-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Behavior in prison is not what gets a person sent to death row. You have to be sentenced to death to end up on death row.

It doesn't matter how someone behaves after sentencing. They are either sentenced to death or they aren't. Most states now only have a death sentence when a murder is committed with an aggravating feature to the crime, such as killing a child or rape or multiple murders.

Now if an inmate kills someone in prison he would have to have a whole new trial for that crime, be convicted of it and then sentenced to death under the particular states guidelines.

Being an asshole while incarcerated doesn't up your sentence to death.

28-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Part of the reason cost is so high in death sentence cases is that they automatically go to appeal. That is a step in the process to try to prevent and execution of an innocent person. Basically someone sentenced to death usually gets two trials, minimum.