28-07-2014, 07:35 PM
RE: Botched Lethal Injections in the US
From the site I linked earlier.

RACE EXONERATIONS
Black 73
White 57
Latino 12
Other 2

As far as guleys weird strawman/fantasy system I have no idea what he is banging on about now. This is an inescapable fact We Have Executed Innocent People. The Death Penalty does nothing to prevent crime and is much more expensive. The only thing you can possibly say for it is some extreme minority of people probably deserve to die. That is not worth the cost.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
28-07-2014, 07:52 PM
(28-07-2014 07:35 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  From the site I linked earlier.

RACE EXONERATIONS
Black 73
White 57
Latino 12
Other 2

As far as guleys weird strawman/fantasy system I have no idea what he is banging on about now. This is an inescapable fact We Have Executed Innocent People. The Death Penalty does nothing to prevent crime and is much more expensive. The only thing you can possibly say for it is some extreme minority of people probably deserve to die. That is not worth the cost.

With the way our society is RIGHT NOW, you may be right. If we could improve our societal prejudices, and improve our legal system, I'd be likely 100% pro-death penalty.

My main hang ups regarding the death penalty are: the state of our current prison system (making a life sentence possibly a form of cruel and unusual punishment. Some with life sentences would prefer the death penalty. I know I would.), the cost (which is justified. If the punishment is that final, they should have every ability to prove innocence/guilt), and the rights of people in general population (including prison systems) to be uncorrupted/unharmed by the inclusion of people who don't stand a chance of rehabilitation.

As of right now, I think my stance is going to remain: there is no good answer, at least not for me. No

Truly, I'm neither pro nor anti death penalty.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
28-07-2014, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2014 06:12 AM by TheGulegon.)
(28-07-2014 07:35 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  From the site I linked earlier.

RACE EXONERATIONS
Black 73
White 57
Latino 12
Other 2

Obviously, the Death Penalty needs a complete over haul. My fantasy is to make it so that no one ever goes straight from the street to sit on death row. So innocent and guilty alike, regardless of color, race, or ancestry, can appeal their convictions for the rest of their natural lives, or for however many years they've been sentenced. Until they prove, through multiple (and hopefully failed) attempts to bring an end to others lives (prison staff or fellow inmates) even in this, a highly controlled, and regimented environment, that they cannot ever be trusted. I would hope an innocent wrongfully convicted would be too busy appealing his case to get up to too much killing, but I guess we can't be sure an innocent wouldn't go native Undecided But at some point after enough attempts at murder while behind bars have been made the perpetrator who just won't quit has to be told that "one more time and it will be your last"! With the excellent precautions against this that COULD be implemented it might not ever happen, but if it did, the death penalty would still be an option. An option that wouldn't necessarily have to be chosen, but the option should still be there.
Ofcourse that's all just rambling-fantasy-opinion Tongue