Botched Lethal Injections in the US

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2014, 05:47 PM
RE: Botched Lethal Injections in the US
(25-07-2014 04:34 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(25-07-2014 10:05 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Botched or intentional?

Green Mile maybe?

I'm not complaining.

Here is the background on the murders that earned the death penalty.

Joseph Wood shot his estranged GF and her father in cold blood.
Michael Wilson beat a guy with an aluminum baseball bat.
Dennis McGuire kidnapped, raped, and murdered a woman and murdered her 30 week fetus.
Clayton Lockett kidnapped, raped, and murdered a woman and also had a laundry list of criminal convictions.

I find it really hard to feel sorry for these pieces of human filth that, IMO, deserved a "botched" death penalty.

There has been so called "human filth" who have been executed, to later be found innocent.'Botched'.. death penalties???.........sounds in keeping with the Islamic radicals........or maybe Calvin.

Yep - Here's Ian Hislop putting my position on this better than I could...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post
25-07-2014, 06:02 PM
This is one point I'm torn about. Ideologically I oppose the death penalty. The state must be an objective arbiter of justice, and for this it cannot engage in revenge. As such the state should not put people to death. I would rather see hard labor for murderers and rapists.

As a matter of practicality though I have to give it a begrudging support to some people, including violent people who cause problems while incarcerated.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
25-07-2014, 06:47 PM
I realize that someone like Jeffrey Dahmer, who did things like masturbate in front of a 12 yo, and eat people, doesn't deserve a humane death, but I would hope anyone who claims to object to revenge killing would not only understand why I would like to go back (if I could travel to the past and right wrongs) to have Jeffrey executed humanely (with those cheap ass drugs used to put down pets at the vet if money is an issue) instead of bludgeoned to death, but also realize that having the criminal bludgeoned to death would satisfy some peoples revenge fantasies far better than a quiet (not botched Tongue ) execution.

25-07-2014, 06:51 PM
(25-07-2014 06:47 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I realize that someone like Jeffrey Dahmer, who did things like masturbate in front of a 12 yo, and eat people, doesn't deserve a humane death, but I would hope anyone who claims to object to revenge killing would not only understand why I would like to go back (if I could travel to the past and right wrongs) to have Jeffrey executed humanely (with those cheap ass drugs used to put down pets at the vet if money is an issue) instead of bludgeoned to death, but also realize that having the criminal bludgeoned to death would satisfy some peoples revenge fantasies far better than a quiet (not botched Tongue ) execution.

I'm totally with you - but until time-travel becomes an option, with all the problems that that would theoretically entail - I don't think it's worth much consideration Wink

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
25-07-2014, 07:03 PM
(25-07-2014 06:51 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  
(25-07-2014 06:47 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I realize that someone like Jeffrey Dahmer, who did things like masturbate in front of a 12 yo, and eat people, doesn't deserve a humane death, but I would hope anyone who claims to object to revenge killing would not only understand why I would like to go back (if I could travel to the past and right wrongs) to have Jeffrey executed humanely (with those cheap ass drugs used to put down pets at the vet if money is an issue) instead of bludgeoned to death, but also realize that having the criminal bludgeoned to death would satisfy some peoples revenge fantasies far better than a quiet (not botched Tongue ) execution.

I'm totally with you - but until time-travel becomes an option, with all the problems that that would theoretically entail - I don't think it's worth much consideration Wink

Yes, but you can understand why I would want to have someone executed given the current living conditions in certain prisons.
Likewise, I can understand why someone would be against the death penalty.

The most interesting Gulegon in the world:
I don't always try not to make statements like, "I can't understand why ANYONE would want to do something I think is wrong", but when I do... I fail Tongue

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
25-07-2014, 10:46 PM
(25-07-2014 05:47 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  Yep - Here's Ian Hislop putting my position on this better than I could...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DrsVhzbLzU

I am totally with the attractive woman there. Or at least I think I am, everybody kept talking over her so it was hard to catch everything she said.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
26-07-2014, 03:09 AM
My concern is that innocent people are given the death penalty. As long as politics is part of the process, where people advance their careers or benefit in other ways due to their support of capital punishment, the system is flawed.
[+] 1 user Likes kiwihogfiend's post
26-07-2014, 11:23 AM
If you're going to have punitive punishments, it makes sense to have the families of the victims dish out the punishment, not the state.

That's obviously not going to be happening; in addition to the already mentioned monetary cost, chance of false application to innocents, and lack of deterrence. So what's the fucking point?

[Image: giphy.gif]
26-07-2014, 11:40 AM
(26-07-2014 11:23 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  So what's the fucking point?

Consider

Some people just really like vengeance.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
26-07-2014, 12:10 PM
(26-07-2014 11:40 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(26-07-2014 11:23 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  So what's the fucking point?

Consider

Some people just really like vengeance.

No it sucks as a tool for vengeance. I wouldn't want the state settling my score. How is letting some fucker sit on death row for 20 years wasting millions of dollars in legal fees only to be put down like a dog at the vet vengeance?

If this person harmed somebody I love and we were going the punitive route, I'd want to be handed a tire iron and told "he's all yours." That's not going to ever happen. The government is imposing it's will on the situation, that's not vengeance for the victims.

[Image: giphy.gif]