Both poetry threads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2013, 08:49 AM
RE: Both poetry threads
You know, I can't help but think that, somehow, Ferdinand is completely to blame for everything. Consider

Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2013, 08:57 AM
(12-08-2013 07:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-08-2013 07:21 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Are humorous poems not also good work? Sad

Some are.

But 'Muffs's efforts were not funny nor good poetry.

(12-08-2013 08:15 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I would really love to hear a legitimate reason as to why "serious" poems and "non-serious" poems should remain together; a bond never to be broken.

...why is this even being discussed?

I honestly think you're pissy because it neutralized your ability to troll Zat and Bemore.

What was the legitimate reason for splitting the Poems from the Poetry thread? Bemore and Zat's bitching that Zats hack works shouldn't be in the same thread as other peoples? As to the quality of the muff's poems, Chas, that is irrelevant it says nowhere on it Good Poetry or we would need to go through it peice by peice and judge. How bout we merge the thread and tell Zat and Bemore to grow up Poetry is subjective instead of splitting off activity from a thread that only gets posted in a couple times a month because someone has a far too high opinion of their own work.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
12-08-2013, 08:59 AM
(12-08-2013 08:57 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-08-2013 07:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  Some are.

But 'Muffs's efforts were not funny nor good poetry.

(12-08-2013 08:15 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I would really love to hear a legitimate reason as to why "serious" poems and "non-serious" poems should remain together; a bond never to be broken.

...why is this even being discussed?

I honestly think you're pissy because it neutralized your ability to troll Zat and Bemore.

What was the legitimate reason for splitting the Poems from the Poetry thread? Bemore and Zat's bitching that Zats hack works shouldn't be in the same thread as other peoples? As to the quality of the muff's poems, Chas, that is irrelevant it says nowhere on it Good Poetry or we would need to go through it peice by peice and judge. How bout we merge the thread and tell Zat and Bemore to grow up Poetry is subjective instead of splitting off activity from a thread that only gets posted in a couple times a month because someone has a far too high opinion of their own work.

Obvious troll is obvious.

There is more in that thread than Zat's poetry.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2013, 09:01 AM
(12-08-2013 08:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-08-2013 08:57 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  What was the legitimate reason for splitting the Poems from the Poetry thread? Bemore and Zat's bitching that Zats hack works shouldn't be in the same thread as other peoples? As to the quality of the muff's poems, Chas, that is irrelevant it says nowhere on it Good Poetry or we would need to go through it peice by peice and judge. How bout we merge the thread and tell Zat and Bemore to grow up Poetry is subjective instead of splitting off activity from a thread that only gets posted in a couple times a month because someone has a far too high opinion of their own work.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Exactly but he was the one bitching about how childish other peoples work was so he bears the brunt.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

12-08-2013, 09:05 AM
(12-08-2013 09:01 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-08-2013 08:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  Obvious troll is obvious.

Exactly but he was the one bitching about how childish other peoples work was so he bears the brunt.

Others spoke up at the same time, some by reporting posts, some by PM to the FT.

And - the brunt of what? Unfair criticism? Dislike of trolling?

12-08-2013, 09:11 AM
(12-08-2013 09:01 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Exactly but he was the one bitching about how childish other peoples work was so he bears the brunt.

I imagine that you are either calling me or Zat a troll???

Why are we trolls for expressing our opinions (please elaborate on that)

So I verbally attacked somebody who I don't like (which is rare for me), then I brought the matter up to the forum team. It was them that then I imagine discussed the matter and came to their decision. So again, please elaborate on how my behavior was "trollish" please?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
12-08-2013, 09:11 AM
(12-08-2013 09:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-08-2013 09:01 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Exactly but he was the one bitching about how childish other peoples work was so he bears the brunt.

Others spoke up at the same time, some by reporting posts, some by PM to the FT.

An honest opinion of his work. He lost the right to have smoke blow up his ass when he unfairly criticized others work (that imo were superior to his own) But more to the point why did we split Poetry from the Poetry Thread other than to smooth over some peoples egos?

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
12-08-2013, 09:13 AM
(12-08-2013 09:11 AM)bemore Wrote:  

I imagine that you are either calling me or Zat a troll???

So I verbally attacked somebody who I don't like (which is rare for me), then I brought the matter up to the forum team. It was them that then I imagine discussed the matter and came to their decision. So again, please elaborate on how my behavior was "trollish" please?

I never called you or Zat a troll. Chas was implying that I was trolling here and I was explaining why I felt the way I did.

12-08-2013, 09:18 AM
(12-08-2013 09:11 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-08-2013 09:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  Others spoke up at the same time, some by reporting posts, some by PM to the FT.

An honest opinion of his work. He lost the right to have smoke blow up his ass when he unfairly criticized others work (that imo were superior to his own) But more to the point why did we split Poetry from the Poetry Thread other than to smooth over some peoples egos?

Where did who criticize what? If you are referring to calling out Earmuffs' dreadful attempts, then I disagree. Those were objectively bad limericks.

Zat and I have an acrimonious history, so it should be noted that I am not defending him. I am defending the decision by the forum team to split the obvious trolling into its own thread. That is an example of good forum moderation.

12-08-2013, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2013 09:22 AM by bemore.)
(12-08-2013 09:13 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-08-2013 09:11 AM)bemore Wrote:  I imagine that you are either calling me or Zat a troll???

I never called you or Zat a troll. Chas was implying that I was trolling here and I was explaining why I felt the way I did.

My apologies.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.