Both poetry threads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2013, 09:19 AM
RE: Both poetry threads
(12-08-2013 09:13 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-08-2013 09:11 AM)bemore Wrote:  I imagine that you are either calling me or Zat a troll???

Why are we trolls for expressing our opinions (please elaborate on that)

So I verbally attacked somebody who I don't like (which is rare for me), then I brought the matter up to the forum team. It was them that then I imagine discussed the matter and came to their decision. So again, please elaborate on how my behavior was "trollish" please?

I never called you or Zat a troll. Chas was implying that I was trolling here and I was explaining why I felt the way I did.

No, Rev, I was saying that 'muffs was trolling. Sorry that wasn't clear.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2013, 09:23 AM
(12-08-2013 09:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-08-2013 09:11 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  An honest opinion of his work. He lost the right to have smoke blow up his ass when he unfairly criticized others work (that imo were superior to his own) But more to the point why did we split Poetry from the Poetry Thread other than to smooth over some peoples egos?

Where did who criticize what? If you are referring to calling out Earmuffs' dreadful attempts, then I disagree. Those were objectively bad limericks.

Zat and I have an acrimonious history, so it should be noted that I am not defending him. I am defending the decision by the forum team to split the obvious trolling into its own thread. That is an example of good forum moderation.

(11-08-2013 03:17 PM)Zat Wrote:  I can't stand it.

I started this thread and now, that children are shitting all over it, I think: someone should bring quality back to it!

No one to talk adult talk, for christ's sake?

No one to know the difference between poetry and self-indulgent crap?

Bemore, Cantor, Peterkin, how can you let this thread be hijacked by infantile juveniles"?

Girly, how can you stand it?

I guess you make your compromise where you find it.

OK, here is a contrast.

This poem is about an old-growth forest I visited on an island recently:

This is what I am referring to. Had he not started the entire bitch-fest then Muffs wouldn't have gone on his spree (I will admit that a good chunk of that was trolling) but the prior Limericks and all should have stayed.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
12-08-2013, 09:26 AM
(12-08-2013 09:23 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-08-2013 09:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  Where did who criticize what? If you are referring to calling out Earmuffs' dreadful attempts, then I disagree. Those were objectively bad limericks.

Zat and I have an acrimonious history, so it should be noted that I am not defending him. I am defending the decision by the forum team to split the obvious trolling into its own thread. That is an example of good forum moderation.

(11-08-2013 03:17 PM)Zat Wrote:  I can't stand it.

I started this thread and now, that children are shitting all over it, I think: someone should bring quality back to it!

No one to talk adult talk, for christ's sake?

No one to know the difference between poetry and self-indulgent crap?

Bemore, Cantor, Peterkin, how can you let this thread be hijacked by infantile juveniles"?

Girly, how can you stand it?

I guess you make your compromise where you find it.

OK, here is a contrast.

This poem is about an old-growth forest I visited on an island recently:

This is what I am referring to. Had he not started the entire bitch-fest then Muffs wouldn't have gone on his spree (I will admit that a good chunk of that was trolling) but the prior Limericks and all should have stayed.

Well, I don't want to split hairs about what should have stayed, but Earmuffs was already trolling, Zat's complaint just put him into ultra-douche drive.
Which was predictable.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2013, 09:54 AM
I'm kinda neutral on it all. Would I personally have split the thread? No. Do I give a shit that it was split? No.

My only issue here was with Zat. His arrogance in basically saying that his work was too superior to even be in the same thread as muffs' limericks was ridiculous. The condescending way he spoke about several people was even worse. Unfortunately these bouts of acting like a three year old seem to be a regular thing of his.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
12-08-2013, 09:58 AM
(12-08-2013 09:54 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  I'm kinda neutral on it all. Would I personally have split the thread? No. Do I give a shit that it was split? No.

My only issue here was with Zat. His arrogance in basically saying that his work was too superior to even be in the same thread as muffs' limericks was ridiculous. The condescending way he spoke about several people was even worse. Unfortunately these bouts of acting like a three year old seem to be a regular thing of his.

Or at eighty, he is past caring.

Damnit, I'm looking forward to being that age. My grumpy ol' man skills will be perfect by then.

12-08-2013, 09:59 AM
(12-08-2013 09:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-08-2013 09:23 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This is what I am referring to. Had he not started the entire bitch-fest then Muffs wouldn't have gone on his spree (I will admit that a good chunk of that was trolling) but the prior Limericks and all should have stayed.

Well, I don't want to split hairs about what should have stayed, but Earmuffs was already trolling, Zat's complaint just put him into ultra-douche drive.
Which was predictable.

What you call trolling you old fuck I call poetry.

It's not my problem that you don't know art when it springs up out of the ground and bitch slaps you across the face.

So is the Forum Member Art thread up to splitting between "good" and "bad" art next of KC's agenda?
Or if he's on a crusade (yes that word was specifically Chosen as a pun to him being a theist) to clean the forum of "troll posts", as he calls them, how about a little attention to the Ranting Thread? I mean, how much of that thread is actually ranting..?

The Poetry thread was used how much? Once every week or so..?
It was hardly the most cluttered thread on the entire fucking forum...
My (and others, including yourself Chas) limericks actually gave life to that fucking thread. Zat should be on his knees thanking me. Your welcome btw Zat..

The reason it was split is because KC and friends, in their limited wisdom, didn't consider certain poetry to be up to mystical non-existent standard of poetry.
Like somehow our poetry was second class poetry.

It's a clear case of blatant poetrism, and I for one will not stand for this injustice!
I shall go on to the end. I shall fight in France, I shall fight on the seas and oceans, I shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, I shall defend our poetry, whatever the cost may be. I shall fight on the beaches, I shall fight on the landing grounds, I shall fight in the fields and in the streets, I shall fight in the hills; I shall never surrender for I have a dream that one day this forum will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all poems are created equal." I have a dream that one day on in the poetry thread, the sons of former forum members and the sons of former forum mods will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood. I have a dream that one day even the casual coffeehouse, a subforum sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice. I have a dream that my co-forumers will one day post on a forum where they will not be judged by the crappyness of their poetry but by the humor within it. I have a dream today!

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
12-08-2013, 10:02 AM
You're hopeless, I won't even start debating this.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
12-08-2013, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2013 10:26 AM by DLJ.)
(12-08-2013 09:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  ...
limericks actually gave life to that fucking thread.

I'm wondering why that was so important to you.

Consider

Maybe you should do the same to the Library/Resource thread... that's been way too quiet recently.

I now have an image in my head of bag-lady Muffsy racing his battered shopping trolley around his local library shouting "CUNT!" at everyone who tells him to "Shhhhhhhh!"

Shocking

12-08-2013, 10:19 AM
lol @ the desperation attack

We all know it's poetry. I could give two craps about poetry. Muffs, you trying to use the angle that I'm just too snooty for limericks is off-the-wall-nutso. I have no love loss for Zat either... and Bemore and I haven't spoken in well over a year I think. There's no favortism or hidden agenda. It's all simply mechanical.

Limericks are not serious poetry. Wikipedia, the dictionary, and literary professionals will tell you the same thing.

It was split for order.

You're being beyond ridiculous. This is such a non-issue. I have way more important things to be doing than typing on a virtual keyboard explaining to your why poems where put in an alternate poetry thread.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
12-08-2013, 10:31 AM
(12-08-2013 10:19 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  lol @ the desperation attack

We all know it's poetry. I could give two craps about poetry. Muffs, you trying to use the angle that I'm just too snooty for limericks is off-the-wall-nutso. I have no love loss for Zat either... and Bemore and I haven't spoken in well over a year I think. There's no favortism or hidden agenda. It's all simply mechanical.

Limericks are not serious poetry. Wikipedia, the dictionary, and literary professionals will tell you the same thing.

It was split for order.

You're being beyond ridiculous. This is such a non-issue. I have way more important things to be doing than typing on a virtual keyboard explaining to your why poems where put in an alternate poetry thread.

Wrong.

Zat was a condescending piece of shit, I should know, I'm one as well all the time.
He for whatever the fuck reason felt that he was too good to have his poetry somehow "spoiled" by mine (and others) poetry.

When you split the thread you did so because you agree which makes you a condescending piece of shit as well. And thus the go fuck yourself.

The thread was made on 04.09.2011. That's well over 2 years ago.
It's safe to say that he lost the privilege to determine the direction of that thread a LOOOOONG time ago.
As such it was a poetry thread in the casual coffeehouse... Considering limericks ARE poems, that means they DO belong there.

You (KC) split it because you were being condescending and demeaning exactly the same as Zat. You were, and still are, being a right fucking cunt.

As for Bemore, Bemore was being typical cunty Bemore. Trying to be the hero by stepping in but just being a right fucking cunt as well and making shit worse, just like he knew would happen if he posted. If anyone's a troll here, it's Bemore.
Plus, the guy doesn't even know why there's interest on loans, he's an idiot.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]