12-08-2013, 10:33 AM
RE: Both poetry threads
Remember that one time everyone loved all sorts of poems and we all got alone

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2013, 10:34 AM
(12-08-2013 10:33 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Remember that one time everyone loved all sorts of poems and we all got alone

Yea, I do, but then Zat, Bemore and KC came along and fucked it up for everyone like a bunch of fucktard cunts.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
12-08-2013, 10:35 AM
(12-08-2013 10:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(12-08-2013 10:33 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Remember that one time everyone loved all sorts of poems and we all got alone

Yea, I do, but then Zat, Bemore and KC came along and fucked it up for everyone like a bunch of fucktard cunts.

:/

12-08-2013, 10:38 AM
(12-08-2013 10:19 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  lol @ the desperation attack

We all know it's poetry. I could give two craps about poetry. Muffs, you trying to use the angle that I'm just too snooty for limericks is off-the-wall-nutso. I have no love loss for Zat either... and Bemore and I haven't spoken in well over a year I think. There's no favortism or hidden agenda. It's all simply mechanical.

Limericks are not serious poetry. Wikipedia, the dictionary, and literary professionals will tell you the same thing.

It was split for order.

You're being beyond ridiculous. This is such a non-issue. I have way more important things to be doing than typing on a virtual keyboard explaining to your why poems where put in an alternate poetry thread.

But Kingsy, The thread wasn't fucking called "The serious Poetry Corner" it was just called Poetry corner.

Can you give me one good reason why limericks and the like shouldn't have been in there? But nooo. You had to change the very meaning of the thread (to SERIOUS POET'S CORNER) in order to cater to people who didn't like the clever and witty art that others professed.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
12-08-2013, 10:39 AM
I'll buy everyone smoothies if they shut up.

Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
12-08-2013, 10:53 AM
(12-08-2013 10:39 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I'll buy everyone smoothies if they shut up.

Smile

Buy me my smoothie and then we'll talk. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
12-08-2013, 10:54 AM
(12-08-2013 10:38 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(12-08-2013 10:19 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  lol @ the desperation attack

We all know it's poetry. I could give two craps about poetry. Muffs, you trying to use the angle that I'm just too snooty for limericks is off-the-wall-nutso. I have no love loss for Zat either... and Bemore and I haven't spoken in well over a year I think. There's no favortism or hidden agenda. It's all simply mechanical.

Limericks are not serious poetry. Wikipedia, the dictionary, and literary professionals will tell you the same thing.

It was split for order.

You're being beyond ridiculous. This is such a non-issue. I have way more important things to be doing than typing on a virtual keyboard explaining to your why poems where put in an alternate poetry thread.

But Kingsy, The thread wasn't fucking called "The serious Poetry Corner" it was just called Poetry corner.

Can you give me one good reason why limericks and the like shouldn't have been in there? But nooo. You had to change the very meaning of the thread (to SERIOUS POET'S CORNER) in order to cater to people who didn't like the clever and witty art that others professed.

I split it and change the title thread so that the often prententious and self-lauding people would have a place to continue to play as well as those that want to write honest-to-goodness serious poetry.

I separated it because most of the time those people take their stuff way too seriously and see light hearted poetry as a mockery. This creates whining and complaining.

I created a place for the fun people to play. They can be as goofy as they want without stepping on the toes of the hoity-toity. Both threads are legit. Both threads are poetry.

The only reason anyone would get upset is because it inhibits their ability to troll the poets that look down on their poetry... thus creating even more complaining to the FT.

I can't believing I'm even sitting here discussing this... people are creating an issue instead of enjoying their thread with no one looking down on what they write.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
12-08-2013, 11:00 AM
(12-08-2013 10:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-08-2013 10:38 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  But Kingsy, The thread wasn't fucking called "The serious Poetry Corner" it was just called Poetry corner.

I split it and change the title thread so that the often prententious and self-lauding people would have a place to continue to play as well as those that want to write honest-to-goodness serious poetry.

I separated it because most of the time those people take their stuff way too seriously and see light hearted poetry as a mockery. This creates whining and complaining.

I created a place for the fun people to play. They can be as goofy as they want without stepping on the toes of the hoity-toity. Both threads are legit. Both threads are poetry.

The only reason anyone would get upset is because it inhibits their ability to troll the poets that look down on their poetry... thus creating even more complaining to the FT.

I can't believing I'm even sitting here discussing this... people are creating an issue instead of enjoying their thread with no one looking down on what they write.

So you're admitting that this was done simply to keep people from crying about other peoples art.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-08-2013, 12:44 PM
(12-08-2013 10:31 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  SQWUARRRK

As for Bemore, Bemore was being typical cunty Bemore. Trying to be the hero by stepping in but just being a right fucking cunt as well and making shit worse, just like he knew would happen if he posted. If anyone's a troll here, it's Bemore.

SQWUARRRK

Pity the fates of young fellows
Too long in bed with no sleep
With their complex romantic attachments
All look on their sorrows and weep
They don't get a moment's reflection
There's always a crowd in their eye
Pity the plight of young fellows
Regard all their worries and cry
Give me one acre of cellos
Pitched at some distant regret
Pity the fate of young fellows
And their anxious attempts to forget

John Cooper Clarke.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
12-08-2013, 05:48 PM
(12-08-2013 12:44 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(12-08-2013 10:31 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  SQWUARRRK

As for Bemore, Bemore was being typical cunty Bemore. Trying to be the hero by stepping in but just being a right fucking cunt as well and making shit worse, just like he knew would happen if he posted. If anyone's a troll here, it's Bemore.

SQWUARRRK

Pity the fates of young fellows
Too long in bed with no sleep
With their complex romantic attachments
All look on their sorrows and weep
They don't get a moment's reflection
There's always a crowd in their eye
Pity the plight of young fellows
Regard all their worries and cry
Give me one acre of cellos
Pitched at some distant regret
Pity the fate of young fellows