Both poetry threads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2013, 10:18 AM
RE: Both poetry threads
(13-08-2013 10:13 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-08-2013 10:10 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  See what happens when we ain't got no proper troll around here? And then there's earmuffs - a black hole of potential issue-ness waiting to suck the life out of every thread... Big Grin

The worst part is he's right about this one and everyone knows it. But the forum team has already made the mistake and won't back down. Personally I couldn't care less since it was already admitted it was done just to appease a couple of people being childish.

Nah, man. Earmuff's position may be correct, but he's never right. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
13-08-2013, 10:36 AM
(13-08-2013 10:18 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(13-08-2013 10:13 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The worst part is he's right about this one and everyone knows it. But the forum team has already made the mistake and won't back down. Personally I couldn't care less since it was already admitted it was done just to appease a couple of people being childish.

Nah, man. Earmuff's position may be correct, but he's never right. Tongue

Bowing

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
13-08-2013, 10:41 AM
(13-08-2013 10:13 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-08-2013 10:10 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  See what happens when we ain't got no proper troll around here? And then there's earmuffs - a black hole of potential issue-ness waiting to suck the life out of every thread... Big Grin

The worst part is he's right about this one and everyone knows it. But the forum team has already made the mistake and won't back down. Personally I couldn't care less since it was already admitted it was done just to appease a couple of people being childish.

That's Earmuffs. If he sees something that's wrong to him, he'll WWIII troll you until it's justified, or until he's satisfied with calling you an cunt however many times.

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
13-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Even if Earmuffs is "right", I can't figure out why anyone gives a fuck. (BTW, I am 99% sure Muffs doesn't give a shit, and he's just having fun messing with you all). Zat whined like a mule, as usual, Muffs was being a dick, as usual, and everyone decided that sides should be taken, as usual.

It's a fuckin poetry thread people. WTF?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
13-08-2013, 10:46 AM
(13-08-2013 10:42 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Even if Earmuffs is "right", I can't figure out why anyone gives a fuck. (BTW, I am 99% sure Muffs doesn't give a shit, and he's just having fun messing with you all). Zat whined like a mule, as usual, Muffs was being a dick, as usual, and everyone decided that sides should be taken, as usual.

Honestly it was Zat's condescending attitude that got me (and most other people that even give the slightest fuck about this) but like I said I don't really care anymore. Hey why you never on skype Stark?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
13-08-2013, 10:51 AM
(13-08-2013 10:46 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-08-2013 10:42 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Even if Earmuffs is "right", I can't figure out why anyone gives a fuck. (BTW, I am 99% sure Muffs doesn't give a shit, and he's just having fun messing with you all). Zat whined like a mule, as usual, Muffs was being a dick, as usual, and everyone decided that sides should be taken, as usual.

Honestly it was Zat's condescending attitude that got me (and most other people that even give the slightest fuck about this) but like I said I don't really care anymore. Hey why you never on skype Stark?

I dunno man. It just feels too structured for me. Last time I felt like I was being forced to "stay on topic". And you know me....staying on topic just isn't my..........um......ooooooh look! Something shiny!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
13-08-2013, 10:54 AM
(13-08-2013 10:51 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I dunno man. It just feels too structured for me. Last time I felt like I was being forced to "stay on topic". And you know me....staying on topic just isn't my..........um......ooooooh look! Something shiny!

I wouldn't join the Skype calls Stark, all they do is talk about their gay-ass mafia butt-fuck game. Dodgy

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
13-08-2013, 11:07 AM
(13-08-2013 10:51 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(13-08-2013 10:46 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Honestly it was Zat's condescending attitude that got me (and most other people that even give the slightest fuck about this) but like I said I don't really care anymore. Hey why you never on skype Stark?

I dunno man. It just feels too structured for me. Last time I felt like I was being forced to "stay on topic". And you know me....staying on topic just isn't my..........um......ooooooh look! Something shiny!

Thats just when Steven is around most of the time we are just fucking around talking about whatever.

13-08-2013, 11:07 AM
(13-08-2013 10:42 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  It's a fuckin poetry thread people. WTF?

THIS. RIGHT HERE. PREACH IT TO EVERYONE.

(13-08-2013 10:54 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(13-08-2013 10:51 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I dunno man. It just feels too structured for me. Last time I felt like I was being forced to "stay on topic". And you know me....staying on topic just isn't my..........um......ooooooh look! Something shiny!

I wouldn't join the Skype calls Stark, all they do is talk about their gay-ass mafia butt-fuck game. Dodgy

We talk about more than just mafia and we do go off topic thank you very much. Stark, join, you'll like it. Plus we all make fun of the way Muffs laughs and Atotheist's life with girls.
13-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Gonna make one more post on this.

This is so stupid... now I know how kindergarten teachers feel...

Anyway, it's a freakin' poetry thread. Both threads are stickied. Both threads are protected. Both threads have their subject matter. As threads expand and grow, it's often prudent to split threads for order so that differing conversations can continue unimpeded.

Was it also split to prevent future issues? Absolutely. It's my job as an admin to prevent issues before they start. Muff's limericks in Zat's thread was like throwing a lit match in a pool of gasoline.

Rev: no "mistake" was made. I know the personalities of most the regulars here, and I knew what was going to happen if I let that fester. It would be a much bigger headache. I appreciate your opinion, but it is just that... and your opinion is subjective... my decision was entirely objective and correct.

The only single issue that arose from this was Muffs being Muffs. He got it in his mind that he wanted to make an issue out of a non-issue... so he did. Whether he did because of conviction, because he's bored, or because it's that time of the month, I don't care.

In closing, the thread was split. It was split for a mechanical reason and is an example of proper moderation. If anyone gets that worked up over a poetry thread split you may need to reevaluate what you believe is important, as this issue is so retardedly dumb that I can't believe we've been discussing it this long.

It was my decision to be made and I made it.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 7 users Like kingschosen's post