Bottled water lifestyle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2015, 10:42 AM
Bottled water lifestyle
What the fuck's with bottled water. Unless your tap water tastes bad, and maybe some of yours does, why buy bottled water. I can count about 20 times in my life that I've had bottled water. The water tastes like the plastic bottle it comes in and it's horrible for the environment. I use one of those metal canister water bottles and just fill it up with tap water.

I don't get the bottled water lifestyle.

Just sayin.

So there!

The Titanic

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
22-07-2015, 10:48 AM
RE: Bottled water lifestyle
I buy them for convenience. When you live somewhere where it's hot as FUCK outside and you don't have many transportable cups in your household, pop them in the fridge, they get all nice and cold, and they'll save your life when it's 101 fucking degrees outside.

If drinking from water bottles kills you, oh well. At least I'm not doing drugs. Shy
22-07-2015, 10:53 AM
I have a well... It's heavy on calcium and iron - and does taste pretty bad.

That's what a Britta filter pitcher is for...

I have two....

Bottled water is for people who don't spend enough money on gasoline.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
22-07-2015, 11:06 AM
Monumental waste of money imo.

The exception being the 6 months I spent travelling around SE Asia, as I didn't fancy shitting myself half to death Laugh out load

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
22-07-2015, 12:20 PM
I have spring water. It amuses me no end that I'm peeing in what others pay huge bucks for.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
22-07-2015, 12:42 PM
(22-07-2015 12:20 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I have spring water. It amuses me no end that I'm peeing in what others pay huge bucks for.

Spring water.Drooling

Pee.Rainbow Vomit

Portland OR has fantastic tasting water but I still see a lot of people buying bottled water by the caseloads. There's so much woo about what's in water and people buy into all the fear. It borders on conspiracy theory.

If people could time travel back 150 years to when community water was infected with deadly illnesses they'd be thrilled, elated to return to today's drinking water.

It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
22-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Who ever thought people would buy a bottle of water "from some magical ice spring in Sweden" or whatever for $4+USD?

But then again, who ever thought we would wait in line to hand over $5-8 USD for a cup of coffee with some foo foo in it?

Wish I had been in on the ground floor of the water deal, you know damn well it is a building with a spicket, runned through some filters, minerals added for "taste" and bottled up in a fancy plastic bottle with a picture of a bubbling spring running down an icy waterfall in an exotic location....they are laughing all the way to the bank......

of course I say that as I am sucking on a bottle of smart water....oxymoronic name BTW. But I do have an excuse, I work in the shipyard, the water is...yellowish opaque and tastes as good as it looks...since I was in the Emergency Room yesterday for heat stroke, I am working the water bottles. It is a 1.15 mile walk from the parking lot to the ship, and carrying a backpack full of water bottles and Gatorade daily sucks, but I gotta hydrate. I would bring a filter bottle thing, but drinking warm water from that sitting in the sun "water fountain" which gushes out piss isn't something I wish to do.

Weeping

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
22-07-2015, 01:28 PM
I occasional buy bottled water. If I'm in town and need something to drink a nice cold bottle of water is very nice.

When I'm at home I drink tap-water.
22-07-2015, 01:35 PM
The one caveat about tap water... Some years ago, my wife developed eye watering and asthma like symptoms. She lived with it for years until we traveled overseas for two weeks and noticed that all her symptoms cleared up. However, within 24 hours of coming back, the symptoms returned pointing at some environmental cause. I suggested she drink bottled water for a week, and when she did this, the symptoms got better. We remembered that the water district had announced some years back that it was changing from chlorine to chloramine and thus suspected that that was what was causing the symptoms, but we don't know for sure. One time we talked about it with a colleague of hers who is a primary care physician and he remembered that there had been an outbreak of rashes and other allergic reactions when the chloramine was introduced in town. In the mean time we got a whole house water purification system since we noticed that if she even ate pasta cooked in the local water, she got the symptoms. Needless to say, she drinks bottled water when out and about. I know the vast majority of people are not like my wife, but some people do need it.

One more thing... The students where I teach pushed to have bottled water no longer sold on campus and they finally got that trough a couple of years ago. However, a recent campus wide study of the amount of plastic drink containers generated for recycling, showed that the amount of plastic drink container waste did not decrease after bottled water was no longer sold on campus. The conclusion is that instead students made less healthy choices in the form of carbonated sodas and sugary drinks. I am in favor of decreasing the amount of bottled water consumed, but clearly something more than just restricting access needs to be implemented.
[+] 1 user Likes Iñigo's post
22-07-2015, 02:47 PM
(22-07-2015 01:04 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Who ever thought people would buy a bottle of water "from some magical ice spring in Sweden" or whatever for $4+USD?

But then again, who ever thought we would wait in line to hand over $5-8 USD for a cup of coffee with some foo foo in it?

Then again, who ever thought some of us would be fucking growth stunted in the head to believe in a book with talking snakes, talking asses, worldwide floods that erased 99.9% of the worlds population, the earth halting to a stop from 1040 MPH without hurling anyone into the sky, people rising from the dead, ascending into the cosmos in front of everyone & men floating across the water on their feet like an empty plastic water bottle???

(i'll be here all week folks)

**Crickets** -- God