Bottled water lifestyle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2015, 03:23 PM
RE: Bottled water lifestyle
When i live in LA, twenty years ago,people would buy bottled water for their pets. And this wasn't like Beverly Hills stars, although they probably did it too, these were ordinary folk that were super worried about the drinking water for their pets.

Dodgy Ooooookaaaay.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2015, 03:28 PM
I buy bottled water as part of my earthquake prep kit.

I do keep a few bottles of water in my car. I'll sometimes freeze a bottle overnight to sneak into a movie theater the next day.

Or use them (frozen) for longer shopping trips when I plan on getting ice cream and it's hot outside.

My friend at her kid's high school sold stainless steel water bottles and installed filling stations at all the water fountains. They don't sell any beverages, except cartons of milk.

They've reduced their waste hugely.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-07-2015, 03:49 PM
earthquake prep kit -- should also have some water purification tablets --- and a large sheet of visquine.....

If you've got a shovel, and a large sheet of visquine (clear plastic) you can build a solar still - to make pure drinking water out of seawater, urine, or anything with water in it.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
22-07-2015, 04:05 PM
(22-07-2015 12:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 12:20 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I have spring water. It amuses me no end that I'm peeing in what others pay huge bucks for.

Spring water.Drooling

I get many compliments on my [instant] coffee, and my hair is soft and fluffy. Big Grin

Hubby will buy bottled water when he forgets to fill up old bottles at home. In the recent heat, that's been more frequent but the local water where he's working is terrible, so I can understand.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
22-07-2015, 04:23 PM
The tap water here is awful...we tried filtration but that didn't help. We couldn't even drink tea or coffee made out of it and some things that you cook in water (like pasta) will pick up the taste. YUCK!

I buy gallons of water for use at home. Tea, coffee, cooking. I don't buy single serving water bottles.

The water we had in SC was bad too...the water provider seemed to think if they dumped all the chemicals in at one time it was good for a month. The first week of the month the water tasted and smelled like chemicals and by the end of the month it smelled and tasted and looked like the lake water it was.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-07-2015, 04:26 PM
When I lived in Arkansas the only bottled water I messed with was from Hot Springs, via one of the many geyser caps (don't think they really were caps for geysers, just what dad called them) sprinkled all around the city! That shit came out boiling lava hot, though! They weren't kidding when they named the town!

[Image: spring-water.jpg]

That shit was free, though! And a Brita filter can clean all the stuff coming out of your tap, which you can then put into smaller containers for refrigeration! Screw paying for water!!! Rolleyes

22-07-2015, 04:27 PM
Bottled water is legit. All tap water I've ever had, whether it be city or from a well, causes a course feeling in my throat a while after I have downed it. Maybe it's the pipes. I live in a place that should have some of the best drinking water, too. So all I drink is bottled water because if I didn't, I would hardly even drink water at all. I've tried brita filters to no avail. I've drank water from reverse osmosis filter systems, though, and they do work.
22-07-2015, 04:31 PM
'Course the bottled water lifestyle has been very, very good to my son. For the last few years he has been running the Aquafina line at the Pepsi plant.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
22-07-2015, 04:35 PM
When I lived in SoCal, the water table was imtermixed with seawater and so it had many minerals that weren't really accounted-for. Drinking tapwater wasn't really a good idea, and if you wondered why, all you had to do was look at the build-ups on your taps.

Hey, if you want that shit clotting you up, go for it. I reckon that if it can clog up the plumbing in my house, it can fuck up the plumbing in my gut. I'd rather regulate my intake of minerals properly.

YMMV etc etc.
22-07-2015, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2015 05:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
I use Zero Water filters. They work as advertised and remove virtually all of the dissolved solids. Other than reverse osmosis systems I don't think any other filter removes as many dissolved solids.

#sigh