Bottled water lifestyle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2015, 07:00 PM
RE: Bottled water lifestyle
I have an artesian well 307 feet deep and get superb water. It has some minerals, the pH is 7.5, and it is cooooold.

I fill bottles with it and rarely buy water.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-07-2015, 07:27 PM
Tap water's what I drink. My husband is particular about the taste of water and until we moved to our present town, he would use Brita filters. We have a jug of water that we keep for the times when the hydrants are being flushed and the water runs brown.

The only time I buy bottled water is when I'm out somewhere, since so many of the public water fountains have disappeared.
Find all posts by this user
22-07-2015, 07:38 PM
There is some tap water in my area, like where my brother lives that is very high in Radon or one of those elements that make the water unideal to drink. So they use a water filter then fill up little hand water filters.

I've used them when you want to go on road trips and want multiple bottles to have with you or are at a public event but yeah it's not needed. Yeah a little water filter bottle is far better anyway

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
22-07-2015, 08:08 PM
My well taps an underground spring and tastes perfect.

I do keep some large containers with water that I change out periodically for when I have no electricity.

I used to buy bottled water when traveling...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-07-2015, 08:35 PM
The only time I buy bottled water is for camping. It's nice to have a cooler full of bottled water on a long hot weekend outdoors. Easy to grab and stay hydrated. Otherwise I fill a water bottle from the tap at home.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
23-07-2015, 03:16 AM
My water tastes terrible and I've used filters but still its gross. That's why I buy bottled water.
23-07-2015, 04:45 AM
I didn't choose the bottled water life, the bottled water life chose me.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
23-07-2015, 09:36 AM
(22-07-2015 03:49 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  earthquake prep kit -- should also have some water purification tablets --- and a large sheet of visquine.....

If you've got a shovel, and a large sheet of visquine (clear plastic) you can build a solar still - to make pure drinking water out of seawater, urine, or anything with water in it.

Excellent suggestion. I live in earthquake country.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.