Bought a bag - got a bible verse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2012, 01:26 AM
Bought a bag - got a bible verse
I bought a handmade bag from a seller at Etsy.com (lots of good stuff there btw), but when I got it I was dissappointed by two things: 1) the description said it would fit an iPad to an 11" MacBookAir. It doesn't fit my MBA. 2) inside were a jolly bible verse.

I have asked how they mean that the MBA are supposed to fit, but would you say something about the bible verse? I let it pass, but it keeps bugging me.

"Never underestimate how narrow-minded, petty and stupid people can be". Mark Fulton, forum member
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2012, 01:46 AM
RE: Bought a bag - got a bible verse
Inquire about the cover. Mail back some printed atheist quotes. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
04-01-2012, 01:59 AM
Haha, cool! Big Grin Thanks.

"Never underestimate how narrow-minded, petty and stupid people can be". Mark Fulton, forum member
04-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Or you could just throw the paper in the trash and forget all about it.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
04-01-2012, 09:00 AM
Might Be usefull if you ever run out of toilet paper.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 4 users Like FSM_scot's post
04-01-2012, 10:42 AM
(04-01-2012 08:58 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Or you could just throw the paper in the trash and forget all about it.

Yeah, I kinda agree with this. I'd probably just scoff at it and let it slide- but I also like LadyJane's suggestion. Big Grin
04-01-2012, 12:21 PM
It's hard for me to ignore things like that. It seems so sneaky. So underhanded. Like those douchebags who go around "leaving" pamphlets all over the place. I would probably have to say something, but I would do it nicely. I think it's rude to do what was done.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2012, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 03:10 PM by LadyJane.)
(04-01-2012 10:42 AM)kineo Wrote:  
(04-01-2012 08:58 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Or you could just throw the paper in the trash and forget all about it.

Yeah, I kinda agree with this. I'd probably just scoff at it and let it slide- but I also like LadyJane's suggestion. Big Grin

For the record, I purchased from etsy something for my baby last year and the exact same thing happened, I just threw it in the garbage after rolling my eyes.

But, if I were as frustrated as CB sounds, I would have definitely mailed something back. Why not? Smile
04-01-2012, 02:50 PM
For the lulz, you should mail back a Satanic Bible. Splash fake blood all over it as well.

See what happens.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
04-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Wow do I ever have a different take on this.

IF I was inclined to mention something (which I probably wouldn't) it would be to express thanks, not annoyance. Religion means something to those who are religous (mostly) and they are simply passing on something they find inspiring, in the hopes it inspires you as well. What about that is annoying, sneaky, or aggrivating? Sticking a flyer on my windshield advertising a church pisses me off, but no more than it would if the advert was for a pizza place. A bible quote included in my package as an attempt to make me feel all warm and fuzzy doesn't bother me in the least. Doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy either, but at least they're trying to spread good will in their own (somewhat delusional) way.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post