Bowe Bergdahl facing life in prison

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2015, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2015 04:26 PM by Patriot10mm.)
Bowe Bergdahl facing life in prison
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/25/politics/b...-decision/

America doesn't negotiate with terrorists, or so I thought. Obama used this guy to set free 5 of his secret friends.

Should have left him there. They've known since 2010 that he left his post with intent to renounce his citizenship.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Bowe Bergdahl facing life in prison
Hard to tell.... I wasn't there... but, his fellow soldiers seemed to think he's a sack of shit...

That goes a long way with me....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
25-03-2015, 05:30 PM
And at least one of the guys who was released is already trying to recruit for ISIS in Afghanistan. What a shit show.

I understand the supposed logic. We're supposed to be leaving Afghanistan, he wanted to tie of loose ends to avoid political inconveniences, he's trying to close gtmo and figures since he's planning on releasing everyone anyway he might as well get something for it. A rational way of achieving an irrational objective.

'Murican Canadian
25-03-2015, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2015 05:59 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-03-2015 04:20 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Obama used this guy to set free 5 of his secret friends.

Well at least you didn't reveal the extent of your right wing paranoid nuttery by politicizing the very first post in the thread this time.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-03-2015, 05:52 PM
(25-03-2015 04:20 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Should have left him there. They've known since 2010 that he left his post with intent to renounce his citizenship.

Nemo Resideo. There are no exceptions.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-03-2015, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2015 07:14 PM by Patriot10mm.)
(25-03-2015 05:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 04:20 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Should have left him there. They've known since 2010 that he left his post with intent to renounce his citizenship.

Nemo Resideo. There are no exceptions.
Aye. And that is true of POW's. Trading for a POW with a nation through proper means (diplomatically) is just fine. Bergdahl's captors aren't the leaders of a nation. They're terrorists. We didn't transfer foreign soldiers in exchange for our own. We traded terrorists. This does nothing but show thes terrorist leadership that taking our troops hostage will benefit them. That's why we don't negotiate with terrorists to begin with. It puts our people at risk.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
[+] 1 user Likes Patriot10mm's post
25-03-2015, 07:23 PM
I'm with Patriot on this. We handed over 5 scumbags for someone we now want to put in prison for life. People died trying to find him. This is a colossal goat fuck.

Baaaa.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
25-03-2015, 07:42 PM
(25-03-2015 07:23 PM)BnW Wrote:  I'm with Patriot on this. We handed over 5 scumbags for someone we now want to put in prison for life. People died trying to find him. This is a colossal goat fuck.

Baaaa.

Unless the 5 scumbags have been turned / had tracking devices planted in their bone marrow.

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
25-03-2015, 07:53 PM
(25-03-2015 07:42 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 07:23 PM)BnW Wrote:  I'm with Patriot on this. We handed over 5 scumbags for someone we now want to put in prison for life. People died trying to find him. This is a colossal goat fuck.

Baaaa.

Unless the 5 scumbags have been turned / had tracking devices planted in their bone marrow.

Consider

What is wrong with you ? They're implanted in their butts, FFS.

I think they knew BEFORE they even sent him over there he was a nut and a risk.
He should be given a mental health discharge, and leave it at that. The screw-up is with the system that allowed him to go in the first place, not blame the guy after he did what they should have known he was going to do. Fucking fat-ass arm chair generals.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
25-03-2015, 08:28 PM
(25-03-2015 07:53 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 07:42 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Unless the 5 scumbags have been turned / had tracking devices planted in their bone marrow.

Consider

What is wrong with you ? They're implanted in their butts, FFS.

I think they knew BEFORE they even sent him over there he was a nut and a risk.
He should be given a mental health discharge, and leave it at that. The screw-up is with the system that allowed him to go in the first place, not blame the guy after he did what they should have known he was going to do. Fucking fat-ass arm chair generals.
what? Now it is the generals' fault not Bergdahl's? I certainly haven't read his psychological evaluation (nor would I really be qualified to pass judgment on it if I had it in my hands) but a grown man appears to have deserted his post. I think that action speaks for itself.

If you want to throw out "no man left behind" that's fine. I'd wonder how the actual service line interpreted that in light of desertion. Even if it applied equally I don't think anyone would think that 5 ring leaders for a deserter is fair trade. How about a generator, 200 lbs of grain and a carton of cigs for his ass so that we can put him on trial. I certainly wouldn't offer anything that could be used against the people who he deserted (e.g. a combatant).

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley