Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, now legal in Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2017, 01:44 PM
Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, now legal in Texas
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/bowie-kn...september/

FORT WORTH, Texas — Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, all of which have been illegal to carry in Texas for years, will be back on the streets beginning Sept. 1.

Any knife sporting a blade longer than 5 { inches will now be legal to carry in the state — a few restricted areas remain — under a plan approved by Texas lawmakers and signed into law by Republican Gov. Greg Abbott.

-----

The stupidity, it burns! A few months ago, police shot and killed a man wielding a machete attacking people, just two blocks from where I lived. Now you can strap on your Samurai sword and waltz around the streets of Texas and no police can stop you.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2017, 02:21 PM
RE: Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, now legal in Texas
(14-07-2017 01:44 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/bowie-kn...september/

FORT WORTH, Texas — Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, all of which have been illegal to carry in Texas for years, will be back on the streets beginning Sept. 1.

Any knife sporting a blade longer than 5 { inches will now be legal to carry in the state — a few restricted areas remain — under a plan approved by Texas lawmakers and signed into law by Republican Gov. Greg Abbott.

-----

The stupidity, it burns! A few months ago, police shot and killed a man wielding a machete attacking people, just two blocks from where I lived. Now you can strap on your Samurai sword and waltz around the streets of Texas and no police can stop you.

Hell all of that stuff has been legal here (Oregon) forever.

Some of it (dirks, daggers, spring-loaded knives) is illegal to conceal carry, but it's legal to open carry just about anything.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
14-07-2017, 02:29 PM
(14-07-2017 02:21 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 01:44 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/bowie-kn...september/

-----

Hell all of that stuff has been legal here (Oregon) forever.

Some of it (dirks, daggers, spring-loaded knives) is illegal to conceal carry, but it's legal to open carry just about anything.

Same in California. I've seen people carrying swords around before. Kinda dumb in the general population, though, always getting in the way.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
14-07-2017, 02:50 PM
(14-07-2017 02:29 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 02:21 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Hell all of that stuff has been legal here (Oregon) forever.

Same in California. I've seen people carrying swords around before. Kinda dumb in the general population, though, always getting in the way.

When you see some dumbass dragging about a big claymore or broadsword , isn't the first thing to go through your mind -

"wonder what yonder numbnuts is trying to compensate for, eh??"

Laughat

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
14-07-2017, 03:05 PM
(14-07-2017 02:50 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 02:29 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Same in California. I've seen people carrying swords around before. Kinda dumb in the general population, though, always getting in the way.

When you see some dumbass dragging about a big claymore or broadsword , isn't the first thing to go through your mind -

"wonder what yonder numbnuts is trying to compensate for, eh??"

Laughat

A dull fist? Big Grin

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
14-07-2017, 03:20 PM
(14-07-2017 01:44 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  ...
Bowie knives ... will be back on the streets beginning Sept. 1.

From an evolutionary perspective, this probably means less Texans.

Meh.

Young Americans, Under selection Pressure, think they're Heroes.

Angel

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
14-07-2017, 03:42 PM
Less that two blocks from where I live, a fool who missed his bus and got mad pulled a machete and started attacking people and cars. A cop shot him dead, after he attacked her. This sort of crap bothers me. Nuts and kooks will be the ones carrying openly.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post
14-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Bah. They didn't legalize war hammers. Boo on you, Tex.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
14-07-2017, 04:32 PM
(14-07-2017 03:42 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Less that two blocks from where I live, a fool who missed his bus and got mad pulled a machete and started attacking people and cars. A cop shot him dead, after he attacked her. This sort of crap bothers me. Nuts and kooks will be the ones carrying openly.

So you're worried that nuts and kooks will no longer be under a legal mandate to behave?????

I don't think you've quite got a handle on how nuts and kooks operate.......

Was it legal for the shitstain you mentioned who attacked a cop carrying his machette legally?? Is it legal there to attack cops????
No to both???

Big surprise, huh????

Point is - assholes don't care what the law is. They're going to be assholes regardless of laws...

The only people that laws affect are those people that obey laws.

They've never been the problem.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-07-2017, 07:38 PM
@onlinebiker

Dude, I don't think you get how those laws work. In a normal country, when you see a guy in public with a fucking machete, you can call the police and stay clear of him because he is obviously a nutjob. You can do that well before he starts to truly behave in a dangerous way. It makes identifying who is crazy and who is not a hell of a lot easier. It also makes the number of available machete relatively low, thus your casual nutjob has little chance of having one and a harder time to get one. We both know that patience, planning and forethought are not the prime characteristics of nutjobs in the first place. It's not perfect, but better than nothing. In a place where it's completly legal to carry a machete in public, you cannot call the police on any psycho nutjob who carries such a weapon. Now the only way to make the difference between the nutjob that kills people from the normal citizen is when they actually start killing people with their machete. In other words, normalising a threatening behavior like carrying weapons in public is hazardous at best, especially if those people have little training, knowledge and the wrong attitude when strutting around with those said weapons. On the other hand, in a country where it's legal to carry a gun in public, it makes perfect sense to allow people to carry less dangerous weapons like swords and knives of all types. I don't see how you can defend one and not the other.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 5 users Like epronovost's post