Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, now legal in Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2017, 12:51 PM
RE: Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, now legal in Texas
(16-07-2017 11:42 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 11:31 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't live in fear.

There are those who do live in fear. I am cautious but not fearful.

I'm glad to hear that but fear of home invasion death crime etc is a recurring feature of the apologetics of gun ownership and unfettered access to firearms , my point is its so hard to know how much of that is true and how much is an excuse to have as much firepower as one desires just for the hell of it. Personally I don't know but so much of America's firearms legislation seems actually based on fear of a bogeyman, ... X might happen to you so you need Y firearm.
America is a huge country and you need firearms to hunt, but do you really need almost unfettered access to Mac 10 submachine guns.

Unfettered access to submachine guns?????

Wow... Where is that???

Cuz in the USA, there's definitely more than a few " fetters" involved in owning submachine, or machine guns,.......

Furthermore - I DEFY you to find one case in the last 5, hell go for 10 years where a legally owned machine gun was used criminally in the USA.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2017, 12:56 PM
(16-07-2017 12:39 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 12:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I need to ask for a citation as well as clarification on 'many' and 'considerable'.
Ahh now ya got me girl, I'm bustedWink I was basing it on many documentary and news programs on tv in the UK as well as the odd comment on TTA. I'm pretty sure I'm right but I have to be honest and say I cannot back it up with citations.

In poking around for just a minute or two I found some statistics saying that the average gun owner has eight guns.

That is not the average American...that's the average American gun owner.

http://www.npr.org/2016/01/05/462017461/...he-numbers

Quote:"There's a gun for every man, woman, and child, more or less," says Deborah Azrael of the Harvard Injury Control Research Center.
But that doesn't mean every man, woman and child has a gun. The number of armed households has actually declined to about 1 in 3. So an ever larger number of guns is concentrated in a shrinking number of homes:

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
16-07-2017, 01:05 PM
(16-07-2017 12:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  In poking around for just a minute or two I found some statistics saying that the average gun owner has eight guns.

Hey, I'm way above average!!

Big Grin

And I've scaled way back in recent years..

At one point I had to get extra insurance to cover over 120 guns.

Why so many??

I made money.

The best of reasons.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
16-07-2017, 01:23 PM
(16-07-2017 01:05 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 12:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  In poking around for just a minute or two I found some statistics saying that the average gun owner has eight guns.

Hey, I'm way above average!!

Big Grin

And I've scaled way back in recent years..

At one point I had to get extra insurance to cover over 120 guns.

Why so many??

I made money.

The best of reasons.

Do you keep amunitions for all them?

That seems like it would take a lot of space.

I consider my collection of knives to take a lot of space (thus hard to display) and I got only about 30 of them.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
16-07-2017, 02:25 PM
(16-07-2017 12:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 12:39 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Ahh now ya got me girl, I'm bustedWink I was basing it on many documentary and news programs on tv in the UK as well as the odd comment on TTA. I'm pretty sure I'm right but I have to be honest and say I cannot back it up with citations.

In poking around for just a minute or two I found some statistics saying that the average gun owner has eight guns.

http://www.npr.org/2016/01/05/462017461/...he-numbers

Quote:"There's a gun for every man, woman, and child, more or less," says Deborah Azrael of the Harvard Injury Control Research Center.
But that doesn't mean every man, woman and child has a gun. The number of armed households has actually declined to about 1 in 3. So an ever larger number of guns is concentrated in a shrinking number of homes:
Interesting thanks for the info, I shall revise my thoughts on this in light of the new info Thumbsup
16-07-2017, 02:30 PM
(16-07-2017 12:51 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 11:42 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm glad to hear that but fear of home invasion death crime etc is a recurring feature of the apologetics of gun ownership and unfettered access to firearms , my point is its so hard to know how much of that is true and how much is an excuse to have as much firepower as one desires just for the hell of it. Personally I don't know but so much of America's firearms legislation seems actually based on fear of a bogeyman, ... X might happen to you so you need Y firearm.
America is a huge country and you need firearms to hunt, but do you really need almost unfettered access to Mac 10 submachine guns.

Unfettered access to submachine guns?????

Wow... Where is that???

Cuz in the USA, there's definitely more than a few " fetters" involved in owning submachine, or machine guns,.......

Furthermore - I DEFY you to find one case in the last 5, hell go for 10 years where a legally owned machine gun was used criminally in the USA.......

Legal illegal does it matter? You don't need or would you choose to use a mac 10 to shoot deer, I guess that's the difference, having legal access to these weapons means increased access for criminals ultimately, as far as I can see.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
16-07-2017, 02:48 PM
(16-07-2017 02:30 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Legal illegal does it matter? You don't need or would you choose to use a mac 10 to shoot deer, I guess that's the difference, having legal access to these weapons means increased access for criminals ultimately, as far as I can see.

And kids. Hardly a month goes by without a toddler offing themselves or their siblings. Prolific legal access leads to increased access for idiots above all else.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
16-07-2017, 03:22 PM
(16-07-2017 02:48 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 02:30 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Legal illegal does it matter? You don't need or would you choose to use a mac 10 to shoot deer, I guess that's the difference, having legal access to these weapons means increased access for criminals ultimately, as far as I can see.

And kids. Hardly a month goes by without a toddler offing themselves or their siblings. Prolific legal access leads to increased access for idiots above all else.

They drown in backyard pools too. You want me to fill mine in?

We have a high fence and it's locked to keep kids out. On the rare occasion that there is a child or children here I make sure that not only are their parents watching them but I am too...and when small they are wearing flotation devices.

You simply cannot protect everyone from everything but you can decrease the possibility of accidents and accidental deaths by being responsible.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-07-2017, 03:33 PM
(16-07-2017 03:27 AM)JesseB Wrote:  Yes Onlinebiker would most likely get stabbed but your assumption that a gun is useless is also somewhat absurd, it wouldn't be over that quick and a concealed carry is certainly better than nothing at all.
Depends.
1. If you allow handguns into the populace then many people have easy access to easily concealed weapons, even those with criminal intent. The saying "outlaws don't obey the law so gun laws don't apply to them" is invalid because having guns in society improves the access to those guns for the crims.

So you having a gun "for protection" also opens the door for crims to have guns. Hence you are much more likely to get into a gun fight or be robbed/raped at gun point.

Would be safer, I would think for hand guns to be rare.

2. If you think having a gun makes you safe, you might be more likely to go out alone at night, more likely to go down that secluded alley. If you don't have a gun, you will avoid those situations.

Personally I would rather be in a society without worring about people carrying handguns. I do find it quite strange this "gung ho" attitude by people like online biker who think they are safe cause they carry a gun, get all gung ho about him being in a better position than the knife weilder.
If he was genuinely about safety he wouldn't talk the way he does. He would be saying, well I hope I never get attacked by someone with a knife. But instead he goes all Dirty Harry and suggests the knife weilder will be wishing he had a gun too.
I just don't understand this gung ho attitude. Seems like he is busting to get into a fight. Like he carries his gun everyday because he is afraid of missing out on the opportunity to use it on someone.
16-07-2017, 04:02 PM
(16-07-2017 03:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They drown in backyard pools too. You want me to fill mine in?

And they get overrun by cars or eaten by gators....

Please, spare me. An idiot letting their loaded shooter lie around for their toddler to grab shouldn't be entitled to own one in the first place.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post