Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, now legal in Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2017, 04:04 PM
RE: Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, now legal in Texas
(16-07-2017 04:02 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 03:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They drown in backyard pools too. You want me to fill mine in?

And they get overrun by cars or eaten by gators....

Please, spare me. An idiot letting their loaded shooter lie around for their toddler to grab shouldn't be entitled to own one in the first place.

Agreed.

The key is being responsible.

Are you on Gawdzilla's payroll? Wringing your hands and crying out, 'What about the children?"

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2017, 04:11 PM
(16-07-2017 04:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Are you on Gawdzilla's payroll? Wringing your hands and crying out, 'What about the children?"

No, I'm in the camp of make it as hard as possible for idiots to obtain a deadly weapon. Make it at least as hard as obtaining a driver's license.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
16-07-2017, 05:04 PM
(16-07-2017 04:11 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 04:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Are you on Gawdzilla's payroll? Wringing your hands and crying out, 'What about the children?"

No, I'm in the camp of make it as hard as possible for idiots to obtain a deadly weapon. Make it at least as hard as obtaining a driver's license.

A driver's license can be obtained by passing a test, passing a simplified eye exam, and, in some places, having completed a driver's education class. None of those things guarantee a person will be a good or responsible driver.

And there are plenty of people driving without licenses, at least around here there are. It's only a problem they get busted for it. Usually after an accident hurting an innocent, licensed driver.

Look at some of the things that have happened lately with people driving cars into crowds of people. Vehicles can be deadly weapons.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

16-07-2017, 05:42 PM
(16-07-2017 05:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 04:11 PM)abaris Wrote:  No, I'm in the camp of make it as hard as possible for idiots to obtain a deadly weapon. Make it at least as hard as obtaining a driver's license.

A driver's license can be obtained by passing a test, passing a simplified eye exam, and, in some places, having completed a driver's education class. None of those things guarantee a person will be a good or responsible driver.

And there are plenty of people driving without licenses, at least around here there are. It's only a problem they get busted for it. Usually after an accident hurting an innocent, licensed driver.

Look at some of the things that have happened lately with people driving cars into crowds of people. Vehicles can be deadly weapons.

Which still isn't an argument to make me reconsider. Cars aren't designed to be deadly as opposed to guns. And passing a test would at least sort out the most obvious cases, if the test would involve some psychological elements. Which should be a given when it comes to weapons. It's mandatory where I live, to pass a psycholical test before getting a license to obtain and carry a gun.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
16-07-2017, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2017 06:25 PM by JesseB.)
(16-07-2017 03:33 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 03:27 AM)JesseB Wrote:  Yes Onlinebiker would most likely get stabbed but your assumption that a gun is useless is also somewhat absurd, it wouldn't be over that quick and a concealed carry is certainly better than nothing at all.
Depends.
1. If you allow handguns into the populace then many people have easy access to easily concealed weapons, even those with criminal intent. The saying "outlaws don't obey the law so gun laws don't apply to them" is invalid because having guns in society improves the access to those guns for the criminals.

So you having a gun "for protection" also opens the door for criminals to have guns. Hence you are much more likely to get into a gun fight or be robbed/raped at gun point.

Would be safer, I would think for hand guns to be rare.

2. If you think having a gun makes you safe, you might be more likely to go out alone at night, more likely to go down that secluded alley. If you don't have a gun, you will avoid those situations.

Personally I would rather be in a society without worrying about people carrying handguns. I do find it quite strange this "gung ho" attitude by people like online biker who think they are safe cause they carry a gun, get all gung ho about him being in a better position than the knife wielder.
If he was genuinely about safety he wouldn't talk the way he does. He would be saying, well I hope I never get attacked by someone with a knife. But instead he goes all Dirty Harry and suggests the knife wielder will be wishing he had a gun too.
I just don't understand this gung ho attitude. Seems like he is busting to get into a fight. Like he carries his gun everyday because he is afraid of missing out on the opportunity to use it on someone.

No dude, you're assuming a whole hell of a lot. Legal firearms should have stringent guidelines and rules to minimize access to those who shouldn't have it. I'm all for a psych exam to acquire a firearm, and waiting periods, and background checks, and frankly I'm ok with national databases of both convicted felons and firearm owners. I can understand peoples hesitation with that last one. Americans are brought up not to trust the government, nor should anyone world wide trust any government. If you hadn't noticed corruption in governments and corporations world wide is getting out of hand. And it's so easy for another Hitler like mass murderer to come to power. I have heard cops say, "People don't realize how close they all are every day to landing in prison" I mean, most cops I've known assume everyone should be locked up and are ready to kill at the drop of a hat, knowing that how could I support blind trust in a government.

I don't know that onlinebiker is about safety. I know I'm not. One of the biggest problems in the world today is that it's too safe, people loose perspective then go off the fucking deep end trying to prevent every stubbed toe in the world. They become oppressive dictators demanding all adhere to their personal moral authority, it's no better than a theocracy. The cult of Social Justice anyone? Fuck those mindless psychos, they are too stupid to see how hypocritical they are, or that their position is based on lies and cherry picked data. The world is a fucking dangerous scary place, and that's not going to change no matter how "safe" we pretend it is by banning weapons. Add to that as stated numerous times (which you continually ignore) the guns and knives aren't the real issue, get rid of them and you're simply going to see an increase in suicide, and mob violence ect. You look at a person who has a splinter in their eyeball and think "well if you didn't have an eyeball there wouldn't be a problem now would there?" totally ignoring the splinter. Look I got no idea where the fuck you live but if you think you can limit access to guns in a country as big as the US you're kinda out of your mind. Also Americans are less.... domesticated as a group than most other countries, it would take time for that to change and forcing the issue will backfire. I don't buy the "Hunter" argument, the second amendment isn't there to protect hunters. And not everyone who needs a firearm for protection is a hunter, nor does every person carry a firearm to protect against HUMAN threats. Like I said I know where the bear lives behind my house. I could shoot it, I've seen it around many times. I just personally am not overly fond of guns anymore, nor do I see a need to kill something that is mostly minding it's own business. But if one of my neighbors shoots the bear I will understand and not hold it against them. The bear is a threat, just one I personally am willing to live with.

Like I said you're out of touch with reality. Your position is an emotion based position not a logical one. Now if you wanted a logic based argument that supports your position. Then you could turn to statistics, I'd highly encourage that as I'm fucking sick of your fucktard arguments. What your passing off as an argument is pleas to emotion, and ignorance. And every time I point this out you just keep forcing down that fucking path. It's getting tiresome.

When I was a child I did so much dangerous shit it's amazing I survived, and that never stopped as I got older (really I should be dead by now yet I'm not). And knowing this isn't gonna make me cry and run and scream from every perceived threat. That said I'm not on the side of advocating for more weapons, or less weapons. I'm for advocating the trouncing of bad arguments, which you continually choose to push. This is a complex issue that you are oversimplifying. Stop it.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin (More importantly those who DO give up freedom for security will end up with neither one day)

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
16-07-2017, 06:39 PM
Also... For what it's worth, I wouldn't fuck with online biker. I've seen pictures of her with a gun and she's not someone I would fuck around with. I'm pretty damn sure she can defend herself just fucking fine.

But seeing as you have no experience with such things, stivil, I can see why you wouldn't have the sense to avoid poking the fucking bear.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
16-07-2017, 06:44 PM
(16-07-2017 06:39 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Also... For what it's worth, I wouldn't fuck with online biker. I've seen pictures of her with a gun and she's not someone I would fuck around with. I'm pretty damn sure she can defend herself just fucking fine.

But seeing as you have no experience with such things, stivil, I can see why you wouldn't have the sense to avoid poking the fucking bear.

You are calling OLB her and she?

Fuck - duck and cover dude.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-07-2017, 06:49 PM
(16-07-2017 06:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 06:39 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Also... For what it's worth, I wouldn't fuck with online biker. I've seen pictures of her with a gun and she's not someone I would fuck around with. I'm pretty damn sure she can defend herself just fucking fine.

You are calling OLB her and she?

? There's a picture of her shooting in the do you have the shit to post a pic of yourself thread.....

Unless I made a mistake, in which case I apologize Onlinebiker

Big Grin
16-07-2017, 06:56 PM
(16-07-2017 06:49 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 06:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You are calling OLB her and she?

? There's a picture of her shooting in the do you have the shit to post a pic of yourself thread.....

I think you are thinking of LadyDay. I've seen a pic of her shooting a shotgun (at least). OLB is definitely a guy.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
16-07-2017, 06:57 PM
(16-07-2017 06:56 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 06:49 PM)JesseB Wrote:  ? There's a picture of her shooting in the do you have the shit to post a pic of yourself thread.....

I think you are thinking of LadyDay. I've seen a pic of her shooting a shotgun (at least). OLB is definitely a guy.

LadyJane. Lovely, lovely forum member who isn't here often enough.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post