Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, now legal in Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2017, 04:03 PM
RE: Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, now legal in Texas
(16-07-2017 12:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 12:30 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I also take your point about antique guns but collecting antique fire arms was not what I was talking about, as far as I'm aware many Americans collect considerable quantities of non antique fire arms

I need to ask for a citation as well as clarification on 'many' and 'considerable'.

https://news.northeastern.edu/2016/09/st...-20-years/

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2017, 04:05 PM
(16-07-2017 01:05 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  At one point I had to get extra insurance to cover over 120 guns.

Why so many??

I made money.

The best of reasons.

Wow, you were into armed robbery? Shocking

Sorry, I couldn't resist an opening like that. Big Grin

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
17-07-2017, 04:29 PM
Quote:To me, a person with a weapon in the middle of a city or a suburban zone, where over 80% of people in my country live, is a person who either expect to be attacked or wants to attack people.

Yes, when I go for a night out, I bring my wallet, and that's about it.
If some guy brings a hunting knife or a flick knife or something (for protection), you'd seriously worry about this guy, is he expecting to get into a fight or something?

Now packing a gun, is simply an escalation on carrying a knife. Peep's in my country don't get to carry guns into public places.

But I suppose in other places, perhaps the US, there are "normal" people that carry around weapons. It is legal over there and there is a huge culture of "you ought to be prepared just in case" type of thing from what I gather on internet forums. But there also seems to be a contingent of them that appear to have a "come on, make my day" kind of attitude.

I do think it is somewhat amusing. I understand that those people who have it for protection, will probably never shoot it in anger, probably never aim it at anyone.
But it just seems counter intuitive to me, if you are interested in being safe then wouldn't you want laws so that there are less guns around and so that the cops can take guns away from people who carry them into public places?
The idea of open carry is just silly, wouldn't that scare people? doesn't it seem aggressive. The idea of concealed carry is even worse, even more danger than open carry, cause they have the guns but you don't know who to avoid.

I can find it amusing/interesting, because I view from afar, we don't have that silliness over here.
17-07-2017, 05:13 PM
(17-07-2017 03:25 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 09:02 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  Sources? I mean, evidence please?

I'm thinking it doesn't happen that often, but it's certainly happened.

The finger? I think we're kinda into ninja movies, at this point. I can believe it's possible, but I don't know of any case where its actually been done. Maybe someone else has a link?

Eye-gouging-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye-gouging

The car antenna could be pushed through the gap where the optic nerve passes through, or shoved up from underneath. I think I over-spoke on the finger into the brain, though, in spite of being so informed by a guy who served in the US Army as a Ranger.
17-07-2017, 05:26 PM
(17-07-2017 04:29 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Peep's in my country don't get to carry guns into public places.

Wow. What is this country of which you speak, where no one has ever gotten shot in a public place? Sounds like Utopia. I don't think Utopia is a country, though. It's more like a state ... of mind.
[+] 2 users Like TheBear's post
17-07-2017, 05:31 PM
(17-07-2017 04:29 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
Quote:To me, a person with a weapon in the middle of a city or a suburban zone, where over 80% of people in my country live, is a person who either expect to be attacked or wants to attack people.

Yes, when I go for a night out, I bring my wallet, and that's about it.
If some guy brings a hunting knife or a flick knife or something (for protection), you'd seriously worry about this guy, is he expecting to get into a fight or something?

Now packing a gun, is simply an escalation on carrying a knife. Peep's in my country don't get to carry guns into public places.

But I suppose in other places, perhaps the US, there are "normal" people that carry around weapons. It is legal over there and there is a huge culture of "you ought to be prepared just in case" type of thing from what I gather on internet forums. But there also seems to be a contingent of them that appear to have a "come on, make my day" kind of attitude.

I do think it is somewhat amusing. I understand that those people who have it for protection, will probably never shoot it in anger, probably never aim it at anyone.
But it just seems counter intuitive to me, if you are interested in being safe then wouldn't you want laws so that there are less guns around and so that the cops can take guns away from people who carry them into public places?
The idea of open carry is just silly, wouldn't that scare people? doesn't it seem aggressive. The idea of concealed carry is even worse, even more danger than open carry, cause they have the guns but you don't know who to avoid.

I can find it amusing/interesting, because I view from afar, we don't have that silliness over here.

I don't know if anyone ever told ya'll but fucking the US is like....90ish % rural..... there's a huge fucking difference. If I saw someone walking around downtown LA with an AK 47 even if it were legal there (which I'm pretty sure it's not) I'd be callin the fucking cops cause that dude is up to somethin...... But you know state and federal law can allow guns almost EVERY city has it's own ordinances on firearms that are always more strict (meaning even if you can legally carry a knife or a gun in Texas, in Austin or Dallas that's not likely the case)...... and since texas is 90% barren wasteland with a few cities connected by freeways...... like in general...... carry a gun all you want and it's unlikely anyone will ever even see you let alone see your gun. Fuck I hear guns goin off all the time, one of my neighbors likes to shoot them discs. Scares the shit out of my dog. But then I can go to my dad's house and shoot all I want no one's gonna say a damn thing, my dads neighbor owns about 300,000 acres of land..... They'll only get pissed if we shoot a cow or sommin.

See what I mean... every damn thing you say is really not in touch with reality, your scope is too narrow. Most people don't live in fucking cities.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
17-07-2017, 05:35 PM
(17-07-2017 04:05 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 01:05 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  At one point I had to get extra insurance to cover over 120 guns.

Why so many??

I made money.

The best of reasons.

Wow, you were into armed robbery? Shocking

Sorry, I couldn't resist an opening like that. Big Grin

Dr H

Have I told you lately

that I love

your sense of humor Tongue

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
17-07-2017, 05:37 PM
>.>

Idk my dad prolly has about 20 or 30 guns.... and his drunk ass don't need even 1 fuckin gun.... so I'd agree with like banning anyone with a DUI or something from gettin guns. Personally. Like I don't mind people owning guns. but makin damn sure they are responsible types is important ya?

Big Grin
17-07-2017, 05:39 PM
(17-07-2017 05:31 PM)JesseB Wrote:  See what I mean... every damn thing you say is really not in touch with reality, your scope is too narrow. Most people don't live in fucking cities.
I have no problems with people carrying a hunting rifle on their farm and shooting rabbits or goats or deer.

I do have problems with people taking their loaded weapons into town.
17-07-2017, 05:42 PM
(17-07-2017 05:26 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 04:29 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Peep's in my country don't get to carry guns into public places.

Wow. What is this country of which you speak, where no one has ever gotten shot in a public place?
Interesting way you have worded this, 'cause that's not what I said at all. Not even what I implied. Not even close.