Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, now legal in Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2017, 05:45 PM
RE: Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, now legal in Texas
(17-07-2017 03:19 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 08:41 PM)epronovost Wrote:  In what world do you live in in which people who carry weapon to go buy groceries, watch a movie or heat diner, etc. feel the need to carry swords around?
This one. Hell, I just assume that at least half the people I see in the grocery store are armed.

Swords? OK. I agree that someone who feels the need to carry a sword around in public probably has some issues they're compensating for. Personally, I don't have that need, but I can sympathize with those who do.
Flex

Quote:What sort of message does it send to people around them? It's like if you met a guy in a hazmat suit in the middle of Boston on June 20th. Either shit is really going down and you were not aware of it or this guy might be a little bit crazy.
Yeah, I think that every time I see all those people dressed as clowns, downtown . . . Consider

Quote:To me, a person with a weapon in the middle of a city or a suburban zone, where over 80% of people in my country live, is a person who either expect to be attacked or wants to attack people.
I can't speak to Texas, but I can say that in most of the states I've lived in, just because something is legal in the state doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be legal in every location in the state -- counties and municipalities can and do make their own local laws about such things.

Even some individual buildings have their own laws. I could legally carry a concealed firearm in my state, my county, and my city. But if I go downtown to get an IRS form from the federal building, I can't even have it in my car, if the car is parked on the same block. And there are four very burly uniformed men at the door to remind me of this regulation.

On your last point. I'm pretty positive EVERY city in the country has their own ordinances that add additional restrictions on weapons. Like.... counties also have their own laws but are usually less strict than cities and states are the least strict at the state level. This system allows people living out in the middle of no where to have fewer restrictions than people living in dense urban areas. Kinda always made sense to me anyway, people that live in the country are nothing like city people, and the further out you go the more risk you have to face. Not just with being attacked by wild animals but out cuttin trees on your property so that the next forest fire doesn't take your home and you end up with a tree pinning you down... I mean sure you shouldn't be out there droppin tree's by yourself but.... gotta do what you gotta do and sometimes you can't sit there and wait on people. No one's gonna help you, you gotta take care of yourself. And that's prolly one of the biggest differences between city people and non city people. Simply the level of accountability and the level of risk aversion alone. Two totally different worlds.

Sad part is this fellow you're responding to Dr H doesn't have any understanding outside his narrow experiences, yet talks with such authority about how the world is.... he hasn't even seen 0.0004% of the world and wants to dictate how it is and how it should be.... That's pathetic.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
17-07-2017, 05:55 PM
(17-07-2017 05:39 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 05:31 PM)JesseB Wrote:  See what I mean... every damn thing you say is really not in touch with reality, your scope is too narrow. Most people don't live in fucking cities.
I have no problems with people carrying a hunting rifle on their farm and shooting rabbits or goats or deer.

I do have problems with people taking their loaded weapons into town.

Unless someone has a concealed carry permit I'd kinda agree with you on this. However.... who the fuck is walking around with loaded weapons??!!! Even in places where it's legal it doesn't fucking happen dude. Mostly cause no business is gonna fucking serve someone carrying a loaded gun. Even if they are legally allowed to do it. You're freaking out about what is LITERALLY a fucking NON ISSUE.

The only people carrying a loaded weapon into a crowd, are mass shooters and that's a whole other issue. And in every case of mass shooting I've seen the shooter was actively breaking numerous laws BEFORE they started shooting. And I agree that there should be strict rules to prevent people that may engage in such activites from having access. In every case I've seen it's been damn clear the person should not only not have a gun, but be in fucking therapy. These things aren't events that happen over night without warning, these are troubled people abused by the people around them lashing out, and even then the real solution isn't the guns, it's fixing the fucking society that treats people like shit. Cause I could have been one of those shooters, I have been through a hell of a lot of shit and if you don't think I had enough rage and hate inside to have been willing to consider that route you are out of your fucking mind. I'm just a normal fuck. Any normal fuck abused that much is liable to lash out. So I don't hate them or demonize them, I fucking get it, I fucking know what it means to be human trash hated by society for no damn good reason. This is why I get so pissed when I hear fucktard arguments that use guns, or games, or whatever fucking else you wanna scapegoat as the issue. Fucking own your shit, you're a worthless shitty human and so am fucking I. Now lets accept this and work on the real issue, how to stop abusing fucking people who don't fit into our perfect little boxes of what we think society should be. We fix that and it'll go so much farther to ending violence and suicide than any weapon ban ever could.

Fucking hell

(With regard to taking a loaded gun into a public place, the exception is the few with CC permits, and there's strict rules governing that they don't give those out without a damn good reason. Technically I had a job for a few months delivering meds to old folks homes, because of the nature of what I was carrying I was allowed and encouraged to get a CC, I ended up quitting because I can't drive that much without falling asleep at the wheel so I never got the CC)

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
17-07-2017, 06:04 PM
(17-07-2017 05:42 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 05:26 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Wow. What is this country of which you speak, where no one has ever gotten shot in a public place?
Interesting way you have worded this, 'cause that's not what I said at all. Not even what I implied. Not even close.

I do apologize if I misrepresented what you were saying. That was not my intention, and I hate it when people snip my remarks out of context.

In its own separate line, your remarks were "Now packing a gun, is simply an escalation on carrying a knife. Peep's in my country don't get to carry guns into public places."

Please clarify so I don't misunderstand? Do you live in a country where everyone is barred from carrying guns in public places?
17-07-2017, 06:15 PM
(17-07-2017 05:55 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 05:39 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I have no problems with people carrying a hunting rifle on their farm and shooting rabbits or goats or deer.

I do have problems with people taking their loaded weapons into town.

Unless someone has a concealed carry permit I'd kinda agree with you on this. However.... who the fuck is walking around with loaded weapons??!!! Even in places where it's legal it doesn't fucking happen dude.
Online biker carries his weapon with him everyday for the last 15 years. Is it loaded or unloaded? Me thinks it's loaded.
17-07-2017, 06:19 PM
(17-07-2017 06:15 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 05:55 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Unless someone has a concealed carry permit I'd kinda agree with you on this. However.... who the fuck is walking around with loaded weapons??!!! Even in places where it's legal it doesn't fucking happen dude.
Online biker carries his weapon with him everyday for the last 15 years. Is it loaded or unloaded? Me thinks it's loaded.

I would guess that you are correct. I doubt his bullet is in his shirt pocket like Barney Fife.

I would also guess that it's properly holstered with the safety on.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-07-2017, 06:27 PM
(17-07-2017 06:04 PM)TheBear Wrote:  I do apologize if I misrepresented what you were saying. That was not my intention, and I hate it when people snip my remarks out of context.

In its own separate line, your remarks were "Now packing a gun, is simply an escalation on carrying a knife. Peep's in my country don't get to carry guns into public places."

Please clarify so I don't misunderstand? Do you live in a country where everyone is barred from carrying guns in public places?

http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/publi...l#DLM72944

Quote:51 Unlawful carriage or possession in public place of firearm, airgun, pistol, ammunition, explosive, or restricted weapon
(1)
Every person commits an offence and is liable on conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 years or a fine not exceeding $4,000 or to both who, except for some lawful purpose,—
(a)
carries in a public place; or
(b)
has in his possession in any public place—
any firearm, airgun, pistol, ammunition, explosive, or restricted weapon.
(2)
In any prosecution for an offence against subsection (1), in which it is proved that the defendant was carrying in any public place or had in his possession in any public place any firearm, airgun, pistol, ammunition, explosive, or restricted weapon, the burden of proving the existence of some lawful purpose shall lie on the defendant.

Most of our police don't even get to carry guns
17-07-2017, 06:28 PM
(17-07-2017 06:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 06:15 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Online biker carries his weapon with him everyday for the last 15 years. Is it loaded or unloaded? Me thinks it's loaded.

I would guess that you are correct. I doubt his bullet is in his shirt pocket like Barney Fife.

I would also guess that it's properly holstered with the safety on.
One would expect so.
17-07-2017, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2017 06:43 PM by JesseB.)
(17-07-2017 06:15 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 05:55 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Unless someone has a concealed carry permit I'd kinda agree with you on this. However.... who the fuck is walking around with loaded weapons??!!! Even in places where it's legal it doesn't fucking happen dude.

Check the bottom of my post. I covered concealed carry licences...... Clearly you didn't even bother to fucking read before responding.

They don't give out CC permits to just anyone that asks for one. You have to have a reason (business owner or something that regularly has large amounts of cash you transport between your business and the bank, or like with the job I had carrying level idk 3? I forget controlled substances for your work. I regularly had morphine in my car, so when people asked me what I did I jokingly told them I was a drug dealer. I mean it was medical morphine I was delivering to the VA Hospital in Barstow California.... but still morphine. Some of my stops were very sketchy and I was concerned I might get targeted, especially if anyone found out that at any given moment I'd have about 100,000 dollars in controlled drugs in my car. Those are the kinda things they give CC permits out for..... your position is so uninformed it's laughable. And they won't stop making exceptions, I'm damn sure security and others in high risk jobs in pretty much every country have ways to get weapons legally)

Missed that bit eh?

Big Grin
17-07-2017, 06:45 PM
I'm pretty sure I mentioned this recently in some thread somewhere here. Our local Jesus freak has recently reappeared and gone back to littering the shoulder of the highways with hand made signs that say "Jesus is Coming." He parks his truck by the road with huge bible quote signs on it too and tries to flag down people to talk to him. Succeeds sometimes.

I accidentally sat at the table next to him in Taco Bell recently without noticing it was him until too late. I had not seen him around in several months since he got kicked out of Walmart for loudly proselytizing. He had a new addition to his attire. A pistol strapped in a holster. I had no reason to think it was NOT loaded.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
17-07-2017, 06:45 PM
>.> I'm sure people have begun to notice.... I've been a bit transient in life.... I'll own that. Still finding a place in this world I fit and belong in.

Big Grin