Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, now legal in Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2017, 02:39 AM
RE: Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, now legal in Texas
(18-07-2017 12:17 AM)JesseB Wrote:  Certainly for now I will give you that point and salute you for being able to take a point off me.
It's not a contest. Once you get that off your chest, we can start to have a conversation.

(18-07-2017 12:17 AM)JesseB Wrote:  Edit^ and aggressive? Have you not ever read any of my posts before? do you really not know my life story yet?
Ummm, no, I don't know who JesseB is. Seems a little angry, quite defensive, quick to attack people trying to talk to him/her.

(18-07-2017 12:17 AM)JesseB Wrote:  But really if you intend to continue to put emotions in my body and words in my mouth and create a straw man that I'm angry with you then there's really no point in talking to you.
Yeah, well, if you continue to attack me and talk aggressively, I really don't see a worthy conversation coming here. I have better things to do with my time than to fight you on my keyboard.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2017, 03:17 AM
(17-07-2017 11:27 PM)JesseB Wrote:  I haven't been angry, I've been ... well kinda not nice to you, I've insulted you and slapped down your stupid arguments, but that'll all change the INSTANT you say something I can't hear mindlessly repeated on every major news network 100 times a day. I highly support you thinking for yourself and stop letting whatever media outlet you allow to brainwash you think for you.... (that sounded way smoother in my head lol). I'm not obligated to be nice to you if all you're bringing to the table is mindless bullshit you're parroting off the fucking TV. Again Try harder.
BTW, I come from NZ, we don't have a guns debate here, its a non issue. Politicians do not campaign on it. We may hear once and a while a broadcast on the news about a massacre in US or a young child in US playing with mums gun in the back seat and accidentally shooting mum. But we simply don't get the propaganda that perhaps you get in the US (on either side, for or against gun restrictions).
If my arguments have been similar to what you've heard on your media, it's purely coincidental, either that or its just logical (certainly not random).

BTW, I really haven't made many arguments or claims here. I'm not sure what issues you are having with what I've said so far.
18-07-2017, 03:23 AM
(14-07-2017 09:39 PM)TheBear Wrote:  If a machete-wielding nutcase is approaching you and you have no place to run, what would be the better scenario; a: call the police or b: be armed with a machete yourself?

Bear,

Hmm. Dodgy What are the chances of being approached by a machete-wielding nutcase just when you happen to be carrying a machete yourself? In the ordinary street or shopping mall, I would put this as quite a long shot.

OTOH, open carrying a machete might kind of attract like minded folk, and by extension gangs of the same. Then we have the question of how a machete might help us when being approached by a group of machete wielding nutcases.

As Nietzsche commented, "Madness in the individual is rare.........."

I think the only logical conclusion would be compulsory open carry of machetes in Texan public places, but what about the other liberated items? To equal things up everyone will need to be tooled up with machetes, pikes, spears, holy water sprinklers and the rest. Its a heavy lift, politically.

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
18-07-2017, 07:29 AM
(17-07-2017 05:31 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Most people don't live in fucking cities.

Citation requested. Rural areas make up most of the land mass in the US, but cities are (obviously) much more densely populated. Even in rural areas, I would guess that most of the people live in towns or villages, which are just small cities. If you are going to claim that the majority of the US (or world) population live out in the middle of nowhere in isolated houses, rather than in communities, you're going to have to back that up. I don't believe it for a second.

Or maybe we need to clarify the definition of "city". Either way, I will be surprised if your statement turns out to be correct. In my experience, most people do live in cities.
18-07-2017, 07:36 AM
(17-07-2017 05:55 PM)JesseB Wrote:  (With regard to taking a loaded gun into a public place, the exception is the few with CC permits, and there's strict rules governing that they don't give those out without a damn good reason. Technically I had a job for a few months delivering meds to old folks homes, because of the nature of what I was carrying I was allowed and encouraged to get a CC, I ended up quitting because I can't drive that much without falling asleep at the wheel so I never got the CC)

Citation requested. Before my state (WI) legalized concealed carry a few years back, we were one of only two holdouts in the entire US. Many people in Wisconsin were disturbed when CC was legalized, precisely because it did not require "a damn good reason" (or even any training!) to get a CC permit. Just about anyone can get one here.
18-07-2017, 08:00 AM
(18-07-2017 07:29 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

Citation requested. Rural areas make up most of the land mass in the US, but cities are (obviously) much more densely populated. Even in rural areas, I would guess that most of the people live in towns or villages, which are just small cities. If you are going to claim that the majority of the US (or world) population live out in the middle of nowhere in isolated houses, rather than in communities, you're going to have to back that up. I don't believe it for a second.

Or maybe we need to clarify the definition of "city". Either way, I will be surprised if your statement turns out to be correct. In my experience, most people do live in cities.

Yeah but they're not really people.

'Murican Canadian
18-07-2017, 08:54 AM
(18-07-2017 07:36 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 05:55 PM)JesseB Wrote:  (With regard to taking a loaded gun into a public place, the exception is the few with CC permits, and there's strict rules governing that they don't give those out without a damn good reason. Technically I had a job for a few months delivering meds to old folks homes, because of the nature of what I was carrying I was allowed and encouraged to get a CC, I ended up quitting because I can't drive that much without falling asleep at the wheel so I never got the CC)

Citation requested. Before my state (WI) legalized concealed carry a few years back, we were one of only two holdouts in the entire US. Many people in Wisconsin were disturbed when CC was legalized, precisely because it did not require "a damn good reason" (or even any training!) to get a CC permit. Just about anyone can get one here.

You're overlooking the fact that the people who go through the hassle of getting a CCW are the law abiding types - who aren't generally a problem....

The problem children that do cause grief tend not to give a flying fuck if it's legal to carry a gun - they carry one whenever and wherever they want...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-07-2017, 10:45 AM
(18-07-2017 08:54 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 07:36 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Citation requested. Before my state (WI) legalized concealed carry a few years back, we were one of only two holdouts in the entire US. Many people in Wisconsin were disturbed when CC was legalized, precisely because it did not require "a damn good reason" (or even any training!) to get a CC permit. Just about anyone can get one here.

You're overlooking the fact that the people who go through the hassle of getting a CCW are the law abiding types - who aren't generally a problem....

The problem children that do cause grief tend not to give a flying fuck if it's legal to carry a gun - they carry one whenever and wherever they want...

I'm not making an argument here for or against CC, just pointing out a false claim. It was claimed that CC permits are hard to get. At least in my state, they're not. That's all I'm saying.
18-07-2017, 01:40 PM
(18-07-2017 07:29 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

according to census data it's more like a 60-40 split in favor of cities. So it would appear lots of people like to live like sardines. However my basic point was more to the point of so many people live out in rural areas that.... it's kinda bullshit the guy I was responding to acts like people only live in cities. However I did make an inaccurate statement so here's the correction.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
18-07-2017, 01:41 PM
(18-07-2017 10:45 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 08:54 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You're overlooking the fact that the people who go through the hassle of getting a CCW are the law abiding types - who aren't generally a problem....

I'm not making an argument here for or against CC, just pointing out a false claim. It was claimed that CC permits are hard to get. At least in my state, they're not. That's all I'm saying.

In my state they are kinda hard as hell to get... Even if you have a damn good reason (which you have to have a damn good reason in this state) you still might not get one.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin