Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, now legal in Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2017, 05:47 PM
RE: Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, now legal in Texas
(17-07-2017 06:48 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Edit^ However.... A Christian with a gun is a fucking terrifying thing to see if you ask me >.>

It's when the priest walking into church to say Mass is packing heat that you really have to worry. Ohmy

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
18-07-2017, 05:54 PM
(17-07-2017 07:17 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  My coworker has one of those, and carries every day. Loaded. Of course she also has a few knives and a set of brass knuckles in the purse as well.

Are your sure those are brass knuckles? Might just be a paperweight. Smile

--
Dr H

18-07-2017, 06:04 PM
(18-07-2017 03:23 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Hmm. Dodgy What are the chances of being approached by a machete-wielding nutcase just when you happen to be carrying a machete yourself? In the ordinary street or shopping mall, I would put this as quite a long shot.
Unless you happen to be shopping in Cabela's . . .

--
Dr H

18-07-2017, 06:05 PM
(18-07-2017 01:49 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Naw dude your arguments sound similar because you lack perspective and experience. In a world without guns around what you find to be normal makes perfect sense to you. And you think that you should force that on everyone else because you're morally superior. However as nice as NZ is I doubt seriously it's problem free. And I don't think your peaceful society is exclusively a result of weapons bans. It may contribute but it's not the only factor, and if you've listened to my position I'm not against weapons bans. I'd just rather fix the REAL problems first, then decide if a weapons ban is really needed.

How do I put it.... it's like using a band aid to treat skin cancer. You might be able to cover up the problem with enough band aids but you still got fucking cancer!
Seems you assume laws supporting unrestricted access to guns. Maybe that's the case in USA, but its not the case here. Most of the world isn't USA. What if you were in a country where people didn't use guns for self protection, people generally didn't own handguns? Would you change the law to allow people access to handguns or would you support keeping the handguns out of society?
18-07-2017, 06:10 PM
(18-07-2017 05:44 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 06:15 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Online biker carries his weapon with him everyday for the last 15 years. Is it loaded or unloaded? Me thinks it's loaded.

There really isn't much point in carrying an unloaded gun around.
There really isn't much point carrying a gun with you to the supermarket, to the playground, to the movies, to a funeral.

But anyway, JesseB was swearing and carrying on like a small child, crying that no-one carries loaded guns around, so I pointed to Online biker as an example of a person that does.
18-07-2017, 06:16 PM
(18-07-2017 05:26 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 05:31 PM)JesseB Wrote:  I don't know if anyone ever told ya'll but fucking the US is like....90ish % rural..... there's a huge fucking difference.
You do have a point. A lot of people who have never been here don't really have a good grasp of how HUGE the US is, or that the country is more than 70% rural.

OTOH, less than 15% of the population lives in those rural areas.
265 million is a lot of guns for less than 5 million people -- a quarter of whom are children.

Quote: But you know state and federal law can allow guns almost EVERY city has it's own ordinances on firearms that are always more strict (meaning even if you can legally carry a knife or a gun in Texas, in Austin or Dallas that's not likely the case)......
Yep.

256 million guns across 5 million people.... and how many mass shootings? in Rural vs Cities? No I like what you're doing cause you raise some good points. It's a complex issue. Clearly accidental death and domestic voilence is an issue with guns, but then it's also an issue with stupid people and abusive people even without guns.

My message has remained the same. I remain nutral on guns, lets fix the real problems first and then we can take an accurate look on what to do with guns. You're right US is HUGE, I mean with big countries you got US, Canada, Russia, and China. And it seems a lot of people outside those countries lack any understanding or appreciation of just how LARGE those countries are. I mean a better comparison to a country like NZ would maybe bee the islands of Hawaii? wait...1 state? How many states do we have again?

I mean how many countries are smaller in both land mass and economy size to say California? Or Texas?

I just don't see people missing these big points being able to come to a reasonable conclusion and I reject their position by default because they haven't taken a real look at the problem yet. That's why I pushed back so hard against Stivil, it's not that I disagree with him on much of what he said even, it's that he's not looking at the problem. He's kinda just spouting half baked propaganda from his uninformed perspective.

I've made it clear I personally do not like guns. I think that an unarmed society carries with it inherent risks, however I think an armed society vs an unarmed society shifts risk from criminals to government abuse. Again this is risk not actual action. So personally I'm hesitant to make a determination here. In the end no matter how peaceful we want to pretend we are, we are great apes. In the end when shit gets out of hand it's going to come down to riots and violence. As much as I don't like that, it is inevitable. At least at this stage in our collective development as a species. I can only hope that one day we can achieve the kinda world I dream of with Captain Picard gallivanting across the cosmos (oh wait they were armed too.....idk kidding that's a show)...

I should amend this with I hate real violence. I've seen way more of it than any person ever should in one lifetime. But I LOVE violence in video games and anime and fuck anyone who wants to take that away from me....

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
18-07-2017, 06:17 PM
(18-07-2017 01:40 PM)JesseB Wrote:  according to census data it's more like a 60-40 split in favor of cities. So it would appear lots of people like to live like sardines. However my basic point was more to the point of so many people live out in rural areas that.... it's kinda bullshit the guy I was responding to acts like people only live in cities. However I did make an inaccurate statement so here's the correction.

Definitions of what constitutes "rural" vary. 60% in cities doesn't necessarily mean 40% rural; a lot of people live in small towns and suburban areas that area anything but rural. some newer census data show about 19% classified as "rural".

[Image: 1481199788250.png]]

--
Dr H

[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
18-07-2017, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2017 06:57 PM by JesseB.)
(18-07-2017 06:10 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 05:44 PM)Dr H Wrote:  There really isn't much point in carrying an unloaded gun around.
There really isn't much point carrying a gun with you to the supermarket, to the playground, to the movies, to a funeral.

But anyway, JesseB was swearing and carrying on like a small child, crying that no-one carries loaded guns around, so I pointed to Online biker as an example of a person that does.

whoah whoah whoah whaoh back the fuck up dude.

You want to judge me for saying fuck every other word? Look up my fucking posts dude. I say fuck every other word even when I'm fucking talking about having sexy fucking fuck time with Robvalue and Girlyman!

Guess what Swearing is ok, it's not a fucking sin. I'ts not an indication that I'm mad at you. Nor is it a strike against my intellect.

I have posted why I say fuck, shit, damn, cunt, dick, asshole, fucktard, so much. However you continually demonstrate you are far too intellectually underdeveloped to understand my personal principle on the matter.

And challenging you isn't going on like a child.

Look at my sig fucking below by DLJ, Just because you can't think of a good argument does not make me a child.

At this point I'm mildly annoyed with you. Fuck you you pretentious, self absorbed, self righteous cunt. You can think you're the beacon of moral superiority with your prudish moral standards pulled right out of my parents oppressive holy book. But That only makes you more of a fucktard.

I told you you owed me an apology, but now you've started crossing some lines.

Edit^ also stop fucking lying about what I said you disingenuous twat, Fucking read it and repeat it back correctly. Holy shit dude, really? I said people aren't openly carrying loaded guns around everywhere. I did say some people get licensed with Concealed Carry permits. You sir are a fucking liar and I'm done with your pathetic ass.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
18-07-2017, 06:24 PM
(18-07-2017 06:17 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 01:40 PM)JesseB Wrote:  according to census data it's more like a 60-40 split in favor of cities. So it would appear lots of people like to live like sardines. However my basic point was more to the point of so many people live out in rural areas that.... it's kinda bullshit the guy I was responding to acts like people only live in cities. However I did make an inaccurate statement so here's the correction.

Definitions of what constitutes "rural" vary. 60% in cities doesn't necessarily mean 40% rural; a lot of people live in small towns and suburban areas that area anything but rural. some newer census data show about 19% classified as "rural".

[Image: 1481199788250.png]]

A good point you make Smile I mean.... I live on a fucking mountain. My neighbor is a bear (literally) So I won't pretend to be totally in touch with such things. I've kinda gone a bit feral myself Wink

Big Grin
18-07-2017, 06:33 PM
(18-07-2017 06:05 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 01:49 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Naw dude your arguments sound similar because you lack perspective and experience. In a world without guns around what you find to be normal makes perfect sense to you. And you think that you should force that on everyone else because you're morally superior. However as nice as NZ is I doubt seriously it's problem free. And I don't think your peaceful society is exclusively a result of weapons bans. It may contribute but it's not the only factor, and if you've listened to my position I'm not against weapons bans. I'd just rather fix the REAL problems first, then decide if a weapons ban is really needed.

How do I put it.... it's like using a band aid to treat skin cancer. You might be able to cover up the problem with enough band aids but you still got fucking cancer!
Seems you assume laws supporting unrestricted access to guns. Maybe that's the case in USA, but its not the case here. Most of the world isn't USA. What if you were in a country where people didn't use guns for self protection, people generally didn't own handguns? Would you change the law to allow people access to handguns or would you support keeping the handguns out of society?

Again STOP FUCKING LYING. And read my posts if you want to fucking respond to them. We're not going to move past that first sentence till you stop fucking lying in that first sentence. I do not abide fucking liars. Fucking hell dude.

Holy shit dude.

Big Grin