Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, now legal in Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2017, 09:32 PM
RE: Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, now legal in Texas
(18-07-2017 08:33 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 05:14 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Heh, Wikipedia has a page for everything. Yes

Ok. I don't know if it's been done, but if there was anybody could do it, I can believe that it would be an Army Ranger. Big Grin

Ranger Gets Confirmed Kill With MRE Spoon

I already thought MREs were deadly...and I wasn't even thinking about any utensils that may come with them.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
18-07-2017, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2017 10:19 PM by JesseB.)
(18-07-2017 09:09 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 08:26 PM)JesseB Wrote:  1. "Seems you assume laws supporting unrestricted access to guns." -Stivil Here's one example (although.... this really isn't a coherent thought to begin with so.... Yea.... there's that....)

My response included a quote to what you previously stated
Quote: I'd just rather fix the REAL problems first, then decide if a weapons ban is really needed.

Now if we aren't assuming that there is gun access why would we need to consider a weapons ban?

In NZ, as I have previously stated people don't walk around with handguns, we already have the laws against them.
If we are talking (perhaps debating gun laws) then we need some context. I don't just automatically assume USA when I discuss gun law stuff. I was just explicitly pointing out that given your previous statement you are assuming a potential gun ban (on top of a relaxed gun access environment) rather than a potential relaxing of gun laws (on top of a restrictive gun access environment). I wasn't making any claim as to whether you are pro gun or pro restriction.

(18-07-2017 08:26 PM)JesseB Wrote:  2. You keep saying nice talking points without putting any thought into what you're saying. It does make perfect sense, you lack self critical analysis. When I challenge you in what you assume is a "tangent" rather than demonstrate the ability to critically analyze what you said which contained falsehoods you either lie, obfuscate, or ignore and move on. This is inherently dishonest and is reprehensible. And moderately annoying. That you lack the ability to understand this says a lot about you.
You've lost me on this, I have no idea what you are talking about, please provide a quote in specific and address that.

Honestly dude.... you've managed to wear me out. to your second point. Think about every point where you've read what I wrote and thought, this is a tangent. Then actually bother to look critically at what you've said. Try to put yourself in your readers shoes. I intentionally left some holes in my arguments, but much of what I said was sound in those "tangents" you didn't even bother to read. They are on point with what you said, even if you don't realize it. I'm not going to quote any of them cause... like dude... it was all today... like within the last couple hours. Is your memory really that bad? However maybe tomorrow when I'm all rested up if you still think you need an example I'll dig a few up for you.

As to your first point. Yay weapons aren't accessable (aka banned), people are still dying in increased numbers. Wow, what a huge accomplishment.

In America people aren't walking around with loaded guns all the time (except for SOME criminals, and SOME CC Permit holders, now the CC Permit holders aren't out there committing crimes and I should be able to easily dig up some statistics to back that point up later if you really need me to) So we have "SOME" criminals with guns, and again they aren't walking around American cities armed all the time, that's a good way to get arrested. And this is where your lack of experience and understanding comes into play. See 1 you assume no one around you has a loaded weapon, and on that I just call bullshit. and 2 you assume many people are walking around LA armed to the teeth, again I call bullshit.

Maybe some perspective is in order. If you don't have a CC permit you're not allowed to carry a loaded firearm in almost ALL US town's and cities. If you look like a criminal (and by that I mean if you're not white, have tattoo's, are with a group of other non whites or people with tattoos and random bullshit cops like to target as associated with criminals. We call it profiling here in the US, not sure if you're aware of the practice), well then if you're always walking around with a loaded gun and it gets caught, so will you. Most of these folks already have a criminal record and if you've gone to jail once you're more likely to get caught again (cause they keep a database and like to target you). So no I call bullshit. We actually have a term for that kinda crime, it's called a "Johnny..." fuck whats the last word in that term... I'll have to find it I can't think of it right now. But it's basically a prhase meaning you got stopped and searched and they found a loaded gun when you're not supposed to have one. It's a lot of trouble most people don't need. So if someone is packing that means they expect trouble (yes this goes for the legal people too, but they aren't the ones causing the problems in the streets). So if we were to take the logical conclusion from your position, then these criminals are expecting trouble 24/7. No dude. NOW if you go to some places everyone is packing heat. However that doesn't mean they are carrying 24/7 (some may, but I'm fairly certain most don't and yes I'm basing all of this on my personal first hand experience with.... criminals). I mean... I could be wrong about some of this, but I don't think I can be that far off. Unlike you I actually get to see this shit go down first hand.

It's not that you're completely wrong about this, but you are misrepresenting it by what you say. And I don't like that kind of.... corrosive manipulative lie. It's subtle and is a huge problem in OUR politics at least. So understand for that reason alone I'm going to get annoyed if you do that. I'll openly admit though that you might not be doing so intentionally. However your slander was intentional and you damn well know you were lying when you said it. You still owe me an apology for that. I didn't lie or slander you dude. And if I did I would apologize for it.

I mean are you of the opinion that you should just be king of the US and force them to not have guns? Cause if so then my response would be fuck you. Even if I agree with you, or am open to the idea of weapons bans (I'm for sure in favor of strictly controlled sensible gun laws, as for bans again I'm still not convinced, and you've failed to convince me) But even if I was in favor of a weapons ban, my answer would be "fuck you" See... we're kinda independent minded around here at least a lot of us are. And I don't appreciate being bullied. Not by you or anyone else.

And again. I don't think this issue would require a complete ban on weapons, if we took a look at the root causes involved. Add to that fixing the root causes of the problems will actually FIX things. (as opposed to a weapon ban which would only shift the problems).

I mean go watch some movie about gangsters in Japan. I'm not saying you should blindly take your que from movies, but.... do you think in the US if we managed to really ban guns people wouldn't find/have weapons? Also.... Fists are able to harm/kill people. Do you think it's logistically possible to enforce your weapon ban in a place this big? I mean someone linked that many guns from crimes were at one point legally obtained. However you are wrong if you think there was a ban that our government could keep weapons out of this country. Don't forget about our infamous war on drugs and how effective that is working. I would recommend you find a globe. Find your country. Find my country. And tell me you still think such a stupid thing.

So I don't know. But what I do know is, what you have said needs a lot more thought put in.

Edit^ In these crimes you hear about, like 1 or 2 weapons are uses on average (I THINK), sometimes maybe a few more. No one is totting around 40 weapons to go kill people with (the end is an exaggeration to make a point, it's a judgement of how you intentionally misrepresent shit to look more extreme than it really is. If you had any intellect at all you would see this without needing it pointed out). So you're kinda.... over exaggerating the problem, it undermines everything you say. It undermines everything people who agree with you say. So of course they'll want you to stop with the bullshit.

Where you do hear of arrests with 1,000's of guns confiscated is when you get some nutter redneck stockpiling weapons on their compound. As of yet I have never heard of anyone dying in one of those raids. and there comes a point where it's illegal to have too many weapons, which is WHY they get arrested in the first place in all the instances I've heard about. We do have a couple terrorist incidences where redneck republican types took over a government building, and in at least one case killed people. And cause they are white was barely reported on and they never went to jail for it (I"ll dig up the news story I'm referencing tomorrow, but Secular talk did a few pieces on these folks)

I would like to make a correction. Some legal gun owners are running around murdering people in the streets on a daily basis. In fact there's a lot of them.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
18-07-2017, 09:37 PM
Are we going to need a permit to carry Japanese gangsters?

Is that next on the agenda?

FFS...you don't agree...fine, we got it. Take it to the Boxing Ring or let it the fuck go already.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
18-07-2017, 09:50 PM
(18-07-2017 09:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Are we going to need a permit to carry Japanese gangsters?

Is that next on the agenda?

FFS...you don't agree...fine, we got it. Take it to the Boxing Ring or let it the fuck go already.

I'm not sure I fully agree with anyone on this issue. BUT Yea. I'm gonna let it go, this guys as dense as basalt and I'm fucking tired, and I've lost interest. Going to the boxing ring won't help. He's incapable of understanding anything that's been said so far, it would just be an endless headache, and would be fine for him cause you know. Ignorance is bliss.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
18-07-2017, 10:08 PM
(18-07-2017 09:34 PM)JesseB Wrote:  No one is totting around 40 weapons to go kill people with. So you're kinda.... over exaggerating the problem, it undermines everything you say.
Really! Are you on drugs or something? Where have I said people are totting around 40 weapons to go kill people?
19-07-2017, 01:11 AM
(18-07-2017 09:34 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Where you do hear of arrests with 1,000's of guns confiscated is when you get some nutter redneck stockpiling weapons on their compound. As of yet I have never heard of anyone dying in one of those raids.

Isn't the Waco Siege the most famous raid against a group stockpiling weapons. It didn't turn out fine and its far from being the only example in American history.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
19-07-2017, 06:33 AM
(18-07-2017 05:44 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 06:15 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Online biker carries his weapon with him everyday for the last 15 years. Is it loaded or unloaded? Me thinks it's loaded.

There really isn't much point in carrying an unloaded gun around.

It'd be a liability.

Anybody who carries an unloaded gun is a posturing fuckwad, who deserves to have that gun taken away from him, and having it shoved up his ass...

"Try THAT "small of back" holster, dumbfuck!!!"

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
19-07-2017, 06:35 AM
(19-07-2017 01:11 AM)epronovost Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 09:34 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Where you do hear of arrests with 1,000's of guns confiscated is when you get some nutter redneck stockpiling weapons on their compound. As of yet I have never heard of anyone dying in one of those raids.

Isn't the Waco Siege the most famous raid against a group stockpiling weapons. It didn't turn out fine and its far from being the only example in American history.

Well - there were those upstarts at Lexington and Concord....

Signed

King George
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
19-07-2017, 07:30 AM
(18-07-2017 09:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 08:33 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Ranger Gets Confirmed Kill With MRE Spoon

I already thought MREs were deadly...and I wasn't even thinking about any utensils that may come with them.

I definitely learned to pick and choose which portions I ate. A bunch of guys on a long term MRE diet all sharing the same porta-potties is no joke.

And 9 or 10 of the heater packets combined in a thick glass container can make an MRE bomb big enough to get some shrapnel flying Tongue.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
19-07-2017, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2017 08:12 AM by adey67.)
(18-07-2017 06:16 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 05:26 PM)Dr H Wrote:  You do have a point. A lot of people who have never been here don't really have a good grasp of how HUGE the US is, or that the country is more than 70% rural.

OTOH, less than 15% of the population lives in those rural areas.
265 million is a lot of guns for less than 5 million people -- a quarter of whom are children.

Yep.

256 million guns across 5 million people.... and how many mass shootings? in Rural vs Cities? No I like what you're doing cause you raise some good points. It's a complex issue. Clearly accidental death and domestic voilence is an issue with guns, but then it's also an issue with stupid people and abusive people even without guns.

My message has remained the same. I remain nutral on guns, lets fix the real problems first and then we can take an accurate look on what to do with guns. You're right US is HUGE, I mean with big countries you got US, Canada, Russia, and China. And it seems a lot of people outside those countries lack any understanding or appreciation of just how LARGE those countries are. I mean a better comparison to a country like NZ would maybe bee the islands of Hawaii? wait...1 state? How many states do we have again?

I mean how many countries are smaller in both land mass and economy size to say California? Or Texas?

I just don't see people missing these big points being able to come to a reasonable conclusion and I reject their position by default because they haven't taken a real look at the problem yet. That's why I pushed back so hard against Stivil, it's not that I disagree with him on much of what he said even, it's that he's not looking at the problem. He's kinda just spouting half baked propaganda from his uninformed perspective.

I've made it clear I personally do not like guns. I think that an unarmed society carries with it inherent risks, however I think an armed society vs an unarmed society shifts risk from criminals to government abuse. Again this is risk not actual action. So personally I'm hesitant to make a determination here. In the end no matter how peaceful we want to pretend we are, we are great apes. In the end when shit gets out of hand it's going to come down to riots and violence. As much as I don't like that, it is inevitable. At least at this stage in our collective development as a species. I can only hope that one day we can achieve the kinda world I dream of with Captain Picard gallivanting across the cosmos (oh wait they were armed too.....idk kidding that's a show)...

I should amend this with I hate real violence. I've seen way more of it than any person ever should in one lifetime. But I LOVE violence in video games and anime and fuck anyone who wants to take that away from me....

Don't make the mistake of assuming that ALL of us in small countries are unaware of how large the USA is, I live in Britain which is smaller than the state of Wyoming, the USA is absolutely fucking massive!!!! Its also one of the reasons I changed my anti gun stance I totally get you need firearms for hunting etc, the only real beef I have with the US are the types of weapons allowed which seems to be pretty much anything. I would also have more respect (I do have respect but I would have more) if people were to just admit that America has a love affair with its firearms its part of the culture and you are willing to accept the occasional mass shooting in order to preserve the right to bear arms. Its hard to understand this culture sometimes but I'm definitely making progress its also important to point out gun control is pretty pointless considering the number of arms in circulation both legal and illegal. I'm an outsider but I can see why you guys in the US need firearms even handguns, you do not however need a Mac 10 regardless of how well secured and statistically safe they are in legal hands, its a pray and spray weapon and those should only be in the hands of the military IMHO.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post