Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, now legal in Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2017, 09:44 PM
RE: Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, now legal in Texas
(14-07-2017 01:44 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Now you can strap on your Samurai sword and waltz around the streets of Texas and no police can stop you.

Can't you already do that with an AR-15?

Between the two, the AR is way more deadly.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2017, 09:45 PM
(14-07-2017 09:02 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 08:54 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Not sure of OLB's source, but I can tell you that I can snap an antenna off a car and ram it through your eye into your brain without you suspecting anything before it happens. In a real life-or-death situation, a finger can perform the damage.

Sources? I mean, evidence please?

What kind of evidence do you need? That I actually performed said acts?
14-07-2017, 09:52 PM
(14-07-2017 09:45 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 09:02 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  Sources? I mean, evidence please?

What kind of evidence do you need? That I actually performed said acts?

No need, John Wick beat you to it.

NSFW

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-07-2017, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2017 10:00 PM by epronovost.)
(14-07-2017 09:39 PM)TheBear Wrote:  If a machete-wielding nutcase is approaching you and you have no place to run, what would be the better scenario; a: call the police or b: be armed with a machete yourself?

c: gasp, run, scream, fall on the floor for no specific reason, crawl for a few meters, get back up, scream some more, run again, hide behind a tree for a few seconds, catch my breath, get impaled against the tree by the machete-wielding nutcase who somehow managed to pass in front of me without me noticing him. I would also like to mention I was in underwear or in a very skimpy bikini during the entire scene and my date Douche the Jock (or Jock the Douche) was killed three minutes before.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 6 users Like epronovost's post
14-07-2017, 10:27 PM
(14-07-2017 07:38 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Now the only way to make the difference between the nutjob that kills people from the normal citizen is when they actually start killing people with their machete. In other words, normalising a threatening behavior like carrying weapons in public is hazardous at best, especially if those people have little training, knowledge and the wrong attitude when strutting around with those said weapons.

In OLB's defense, I don't think he meant what you said in the full post.

On the other hand I'm not sure he understands the wisdom in your words that I've quoted from said post.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
14-07-2017, 10:37 PM
(14-07-2017 10:27 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 07:38 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Now the only way to make the difference between the nutjob that kills people from the normal citizen is when they actually start killing people with their machete. In other words, normalising a threatening behavior like carrying weapons in public is hazardous at best, especially if those people have little training, knowledge and the wrong attitude when strutting around with those said weapons.

In OLB's defense, I don't think he meant what you said in the full post.

On the other hand I'm not sure he understands the wisdom in your words that I've quoted from said post.

I would agree with both assessments.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
14-07-2017, 10:39 PM
(14-07-2017 09:56 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 09:39 PM)TheBear Wrote:  If a machete-wielding nutcase is approaching you and you have no place to run, what would be the better scenario; a: call the police or b: be armed with a machete yourself?

c: gasp, run, scream, fall on the floor for no specific reason, crawl for a few meters, get back up, scream some more, run again, hide behind a tree for a few seconds, catch my breath, get impaled against the tree by the machete-wielding nutcase who somehow managed to pass in front of me without me noticing him. I would also like to mention I was in underwear or in a very skimpy bikini during the entire scene and my date Douche the Jock (or Jock the Douche) was killed three minutes before.

IOW - you would rather be murdered than be armed. Wow. That kind of thinking blows my mind. The scenario was - you had no place to run. Or do you honestly believe that screaming is somehow more effective than being armed yourself?

Amazing. Blink
14-07-2017, 10:52 PM
(14-07-2017 10:39 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 09:56 PM)epronovost Wrote:  c: gasp, run, scream, fall on the floor for no specific reason, crawl for a few meters, get back up, scream some more, run again, hide behind a tree for a few seconds, catch my breath, get impaled against the tree by the machete-wielding nutcase who somehow managed to pass in front of me without me noticing him. I would also like to mention I was in underwear or in a very skimpy bikini during the entire scene and my date Douche the Jock (or Jock the Douche) was killed three minutes before.

IOW - you would rather be murdered than be armed. Wow. That kind of thinking blows my mind. The scenario was - you had no place to run. Or do you honestly believe that screaming is somehow more effective than being armed yourself?

Amazing. Blink

What's amazing is that we've whipped ourselves into such a frenzy over perceived threats that we've become the threat to ourselves, and the only recourse is to perpetuate.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
14-07-2017, 10:55 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2017 11:05 PM by TheBear.)
(14-07-2017 10:52 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 10:39 PM)TheBear Wrote:  IOW - you would rather be murdered than be armed. Wow. That kind of thinking blows my mind. The scenario was - you had no place to run. Or do you honestly believe that screaming is somehow more effective than being armed yourself?

Amazing. Blink

What's amazing is that we've whipped ourselves into such a frenzy over perceived threats that we've become the threat to ourselves, and the only recourse is to perpetuate.

Agreed.....somewhat.

I would say that the vast majority of people walking the streets are not out to perpetrate violence on their fellow man. But, the way the exception to the rule is blown out of proportion as if it's the norm, is exactly why some people can go off the deep end. When you say "we've whipped ourselves into such a frenzy", are you projecting your own situation?
14-07-2017, 11:08 PM
The above post was edited