Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, now legal in Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2017, 03:33 AM
RE: Bowie knives, swords, spears, daggers and machetes, now legal in Texas
(16-07-2017 01:32 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Folks,

It must have been terrible for those poor Texans having only guns to protect themselves. Sadcryface

Thankfully, this new law will make the streets safer for everyone. Smile

D.

Hehe well said.

However banning or legalizing weapons is ignoring the real issue and neither position if tried will make any streets safer. That's my contention. But no one wants to actually fucking learn about this shit enough to look at the real problems involved. They just either wanna make bazookas legal (exaggerating a bit), or they wanna outlaw butter knives (again exaggerating). It's just society creating stupid scapegoats rather than dealing with the fucking issues and that annoys me to no end.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like JesseB's post
16-07-2017, 03:50 AM
(16-07-2017 03:33 AM)JesseB Wrote:  However banning or legalizing weapons is ignoring the real issue and neither position if tried will make any streets safer. That's my contention. But no one wants to actually fucking learn about this shit enough to look at the real problems involved. They just either wanna make bazookas legal (exaggerating a bit), or they wanna outlaw butter knives (again exaggerating). It's just society creating stupid scapegoats rather than dealing with the fucking issues and that annoys me to no end.

The answer is obvious. Don't ban weapons, ban people. You could build a wall around Texas to keep people out; and make the (ex-)Texans pay for it. (I have no idea where that last idea came from. Angel )

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

[+] 2 users Like Norm Deplume's post
16-07-2017, 04:01 AM
(16-07-2017 03:50 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 03:33 AM)JesseB Wrote:  However banning or legalizing weapons is ignoring the real issue and neither position if tried will make any streets safer. That's my contention. But no one wants to actually fucking learn about this shit enough to look at the real problems involved. They just either wanna make bazookas legal (exaggerating a bit), or they wanna outlaw butter knives (again exaggerating). It's just society creating stupid scapegoats rather than dealing with the fucking issues and that annoys me to no end.

The answer is obvious. Don't ban weapons, ban people. You could build a wall around Texas to keep people out; and make the (ex-)Texans pay for it. (I have no idea where that last idea came from. Angel )

I've always said just build a giant wall around New York and let the problem fix itself, maybe we should include Texas and Florida too lol

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
16-07-2017, 06:08 AM
(16-07-2017 03:27 AM)JesseB Wrote:  
(15-07-2017 11:38 PM)Stevil Wrote:  People with knives won't ask for a draw at sundown, of course that scenario is absurd, also they won't wave their knife and chase at you from a distance, unless of course they are high on drugs.. So again an absurd scenario, but if those came true then yip your gun will be handy against the knife.

However, in the situation that they get a knife onto you before you know they have intent then it's too late to pull your gun.

I feel online biker's statement about having a gun against a knife is a bit absurd because it won't be a fair fight. The guy protecting himself with the gun will already be on the pointy end of the knife before he even reaches for his gun. Carrying a loaded weapon is a false sense of security.

The best thing you can do is to avoid those situations, don't provoke people, don't walk alone down dark secluded alleys. If the guy has a knife on you already, and you don't have sufficient training to deal with it, then comply, give them your money. Even if you do have sufficient training, unless you think they intend to kill you, just give them your money.

Look dude, If I need to protect myself I go for blunt force trauma, but I have the weight, experience and strength and speed to make effective use of it, far more so than a knife, if you wanna kill someone with a knife (or a gun for that matter) it takes a whole hell of a lot of practice to make it quick. With a blunt object you can stop them, killing them is neither here nor there if your life is in danger you do what you gotta do to survive. You're being absurd. Yes Onlinebiker would most likely get stabbed but your assumption that a gun is useless is also somewhat absurd, it wouldn't be over that quick and a concealed carry is certainly better than nothing at all. However, like the whole situations a bit absurd to begin with, the likelyhood of someone attacking you with a knife is really quite low. Especially the likelyhood of someone just sneaking up on you to attack you with a knife. If you end up in a violent situation it's not likely gonna be some random fucker in a dark ally trying to sneak up on you, it's most likely gonna be a broadcasted fight with someone pissed off about something and most likely gonna be someone you fucking know.

I mean really your entire proposal is ridiculous from beginning to end. The world isn't filled with psychopaths stalking every person hiding in their showers looking to knife them when they least expect it. Stop watching so many fucking movies dude. The most likely place to find a psychopath is within the richest 1% Violence is committed by normal fuckers, not crazy people or psychopaths. Dude fucking hell. It's an emotional thing, this paranoia of psychopaths lacking emotion and empathy trying to kill everyone in a dark ally is silly. They want to gain something so sure they'll kill you by poisoning you with bad company policy, bribing law makers to allow it. No they simply aren't likely to kill you the way you describe. You seriously are detached from reality or rather lacking real world experience. You say stupid things like "they won't wave their knife around" really? you don't think they will? I've seen people do that in real life. Been stabbed too fucker. Quit with the insane bullshit. If you want to make an informed decision on how to fix the problem of violence in the US the first fucking thing you need to learn to do is look at fucking reality not these imaginary fantasies you have. Onlinebiker's approach isn't that crazy especially considering I doubt very much she could make an effective use of a baseball bat the way I could. Or could really make a fucker think twice with the weight of her fists like I could. IF she practices a shit ton she could learn how to trip people into sharp hard corners which is always a great idea if you can swing it. but you see what I mean? She shoots a lot, I don't think her using a firearm for protection is a crazy idea, you know what I think is a crazy idea? Making up bullshit scenarios that don't fucking happen in real life and pretending that's justification for your argument.

Want a real life example? Now this one thankfully didn't end in violence but it was a fucking near miss. Few months ago I got into it with a fucking tweaker who just got out of jail. I knew his girlfriend and told her she should stop fucking around with a guy half her age who's in prison, she's got a kid to think about. He got out and was pissed at me for what I said. He came after me but she was there to stop him. I got pissed at her and her friend for spreading rumors about me and told them to leave me alone, wasn't interested in being friends if they were gonna start trouble. Especially not when she and her friend was fucking saying the same shit I was about her deadbeat boyfriend. Her friend was upset that I lumped the two of them together in all of this, so she came over to my house to chew me out for blaming her too. Now normally I'd have opened the door a crack while placing my heel wedged behind it, that way if someone tried to force through they'd get abruptly stopped then I'd throw my hip into the door to slam it shut. I have the weight to pull something off like that, but I fucked up big time. Not knowing that tweaker bitch had a older bigger brother who had just started dating the friend (he was released from prison the same time), I opened the door and stepped outside, I didn't even make it through the door when the brother who had his back against the wall next to the door started to move on me. He was expecting trouble, however he wasn't there to beat me up, which is good cause even if I won I wouldn't have walked away without getting seriously hurt. We came close to a fight but in the end talked it out. For being a dealer, convict, the brother is a lot smarter than the tweaker and a lot more rational. He's been pretty nice since we talked everything out. I haven't seen the tweaker and I heard his girlfriend went to jail for assaulting him in a domestic abuse call to 911. Apparently tweakers don't kick the habit hard and she was fed up with him. Assaulted him when she caught him getting high.

You wanna fucking know how violence happens? That's fucking how. Your entire idea on violence is asinine.

Like I said there's good reasons for wanting to limit or ban weapons of any/every kind. It's just your argument that is stupid.

Edit^ Honestly batman villains have more depth and character than your flimsy imagination. Come spend some time in the ghetto with me if you wanna learn about violence. I know where to find it I can show you first hand exactly how it occurs in any form you wanna see. I know who sells meth around here, I know who uses meth around here, I know who gets drunk and picks fights on a regular basis. And I know who around me has a concealed weapon at all times, and I know which of those likes me and is not likely to kill me and who doesn't like me so much. I know where the threats are and how likely those threats are to come into my home (several of them are quite likely currently. Got an ex con who's prolly not too happy I confirmed for his former boss that he was stealing. Granted I was polite enough not to rat out the fence he was using, or the dealer he was getting his shit from, mostly cause those guys are heavy hitters that would come after me and do a LOT more damage than this old fuckin addict, also I had to come clean cause his boss thought I was somehow involved and well his boss is usually quite nice to me and lets me use his laundry facilities. I sure as hell didn't wanna loose access to an easy way to clean my clothes just to have the back of some addict that can't get his shit straight). But I pay attention, and I'm poor. So violence is always close to home for me. Spoiled fucking brat, get some life experience. You wanna see violence go work on an oil rig, get around some good ol boys see how long you last. Like I said the best deterrent to stay safe is to not be the lowest hanging fruit. It's far more effective than a gun will ever be.

Oh and don't be black, if you're black the cops will be shooting at you too. Sucks but that's life in Murica.

Why choose between a sharp edge, a pointy end, and blunt force when a tomahawk offers all three? Tongue.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
16-07-2017, 07:03 AM
(16-07-2017 04:01 AM)JesseB Wrote:  I've always said just build a giant wall around New York and let the problem fix itself, maybe we should include Texas and Florida too lol

I want a wall built at the top of the Florida Keys. I’d even settle for a toll gate that charges $10 a head to get in like on Sanibel Island.

A cool looking drawbridge would work fine too.
[Image: the-drawbridge-over-the-moat-of-an-old-c...F9JX28.jpg]
Anything to keep the teeming masses form the North invading and polluting the islands.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
16-07-2017, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2017 07:54 AM by abaris.)

It must have been terrible for those poor Texans having only guns to protect themselves. Sadcryface

D.

Yeah, I thought so. Texas is in dire need of more weapons. Can you imagine these poor Texans having to shoot all their enemies and being forbidden to get up close and personal? I miss bayonets in this legislation. Were they always legal or are they still excluded? A bayonet would combine the best of both worlds after all. Shoot them first and gut them later. All in one handy package.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
16-07-2017, 10:50 AM
(16-07-2017 07:50 AM)abaris Wrote:  

D.

Yeah, I thought so. Texas is in dire need of more weapons. Can you imagine these poor Texans having to shoot all their enemies and being forbidden to get up close and personal? I miss bayonets in this legislation. Were they always legal or are they still excluded? A bayonet would combine the best of both worlds after all. Shoot them first and gut them later. All in one handy package.

Bayonets are spear like weapons and more than 5 1/2 inches long. I guess that under their new laws they would be legal.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
16-07-2017, 10:55 AM
(16-07-2017 04:01 AM)JesseB Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 03:50 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  The answer is obvious. Don't ban weapons, ban people. You could build a wall around Texas to keep people out; and make the (ex-)Texans pay for it. (I have no idea where that last idea came from. Angel )

I've always said just build a giant wall around New York and let the problem fix itself, maybe we should include Texas and Florida too lol

Great. Now people will have to escape from New York. Tongue

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
16-07-2017, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2017 11:24 AM by adey67.)
For me it is a strange almost surreal situation when I get involved in America and its guns and laws relating to guns. America is so advanced in science medicine and astronomy but yet so backwards in regards firearms and social justice, I'm really sorry to have to say but it reminds me of an idiot savant, super clever in some areas but super dumb in others. Personally I believe other members here have convinced me that guns are necessary in the USA due to both distance of police in rural areas and availability of firearms generally.
This saddens me and I wish you guys didn't have to live in fear unless fear is an excuse to have un fettered access to firearms just for the hell of it, I hope not but how can I know ?
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
16-07-2017, 11:31 AM
(16-07-2017 11:06 AM)adey67 Wrote:  For me it is a strange almost surreal situation when I get involved in America and its guns and laws relating to guns. America is so advanced in science medicine and astronomy but yet so backwards in regards firearms and social justice, I'm really sorry to have to say but it reminds me of an idiot savant, super clever in some areas but super dumb in others. Personally I believe other members here have convinced me that guns are necessary in the USA due to both distance of police in rural areas and availability of firearms generally.
This saddens me and I wish you guys didn't have to live in fear unless fear is an excuse to have un fettered access to firearms just for the hell of it, I hope not but how can I know ?
I don't live in fear.

There are those who do live in fear. I am cautious but not fearful.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post