Box set of Darwin's classics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Box set of Darwin's classics
I have been looking near and far for a nice semi-collector's edition box set of Darwin's classics: On the Origin of Species, The Descent of Man, The Voyage of the Beagle and any others (The Expression of Emotions in Man and Animals, The Variation of Plants and Animals Under Domestication, etc.). Does anyone know where I could find such? I know E.O. Wilson wrote an introduction for a similar type thing, but if I remember correctly all of the books had been bound together. I'm looking for separate books, but in a collection. Any help is much appreciated.

"A man who dares waste an hour of his life has not discovered the value of life." - Charles Darwin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2012, 11:34 AM
RE: Box set of Darwin's classics
(16-06-2012 10:44 AM)HDT Wrote:  I have been looking near and far for a nice semi-collector's edition box set of Darwin's classics: On the Origin of Species, The Descent of Man, The Voyage of the Beagle and any others (The Expression of Emotions in Man and Animals, The Variation of Plants and Animals Under Domestication, etc.). Does anyone know where I could find such? I know E.O. Wilson wrote an introduction for a similar type thing, but if I remember correctly all of the books had been bound together. I'm looking for separate books, but in a collection. Any help is much appreciated.
Google is your friend. I searched "darwin box set -awards". Many hits.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Easton-Press-WOR...%26ps%3D54

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-06-2012, 12:24 PM
(16-06-2012 11:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-06-2012 10:44 AM)HDT Wrote:  I have been looking near and far for a nice semi-collector's edition box set of Darwin's classics: On the Origin of Species, The Descent of Man, The Voyage of the Beagle and any others (The Expression of Emotions in Man and Animals, The Variation of Plants and Animals Under Domestication, etc.). Does anyone know where I could find such? I know E.O. Wilson wrote an introduction for a similar type thing, but if I remember correctly all of the books had been bound together. I'm looking for separate books, but in a collection. Any help is much appreciated.
Google is your friend. I searched "darwin box set -awards". Many hits.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Easton-Press-WOR...%26ps%3D54
I had heard of the Easton collection, but I'm afraid it may be slightly nicer than what I had in mind. I was a set that will last me, but I'm also on a college budget haha.

"A man who dares waste an hour of his life has not discovered the value of life." - Charles Darwin
16-06-2012, 12:36 PM
If you're college age, you may not be old enough to remember a time when there used to be Used Bookstores. Tongue

If there are any around, you may want to start checking them out. The right store will even help track down the books you want. But hurry! I once had my eye on a set of Great Books at a local used bookstore and before I ever had a chance to pull the trigger on making the purchase, the store closed down. Sad

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
16-06-2012, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2012 02:03 PM by ghostexorcist.)
There is a cheap version that has all of his more noteworthy works in one ginormous book. I honestly don't remember the name of it. I saw it at a local bookstore a few weeks ago. I'll let you know the title if I run across it again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-06-2012, 09:33 PM
(16-06-2012 01:49 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  There is a cheap version that has all of his more noteworthy works in one ginormous book. I honestly don't remember the name of it. I saw it at a local bookstore a few weeks ago. I'll let you know the title if I run across it again.
I actually was avoiding a ginormous volume as I tend to feel overwhelmed sometimes when breaking into things like that. I may have to just result to buying them separately until I can afford a nice collection such as the Easton collection.