Boxing Ring Commentary - Dark Phoenix vs COTW

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2015, 09:26 AM
RE: Boxing Ring Commentary - Dark Phoenix vs COTW
(12-05-2015 09:01 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  ...
I stopped arguing with him long ago. It's pointless.

Not pointless... think of the children.

History tells us that all the great philosophers and scientists were wrong in some aspect(s) of their thinking.

Their very wrongness or degree of wrongness inspired contemporaries and future generations to analyse this wrongness-osity which led to the development of greater clarity... rightness.

Wink

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
12-05-2015, 10:09 AM
(12-05-2015 09:26 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

History tells us that all the great philosophers and scientists were wrong in some aspect(s) of their thinking.

Their very wrongness or degree of wrongness inspired contemporaries and future generations to analyse this wrongness-osity which led to the development of greater clarity... rightness.

Wink

Yeah, I forget that sometimes. We won't convince him, but we might convince others who are reading along. And I admire Dark Phoenix for having the patience to carry on with that argument. So it's not really pointless -- I just don't have the patience for it.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
12-05-2015, 02:07 PM
(12-05-2015 09:26 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Wink

I think COTW's special pleading has been covered before. Frusty

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
12-05-2015, 03:30 PM
COTW just likes to argue, he doesn't even seem to be aware of his special pleading fallacies. I think Dark Phoenix pointed out in his last post the futility of going any further with the numbskull.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
12-05-2015, 11:27 PM
(12-05-2015 03:30 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  COTW just likes to argue, he doesn't even seem to be aware of his special pleading fallacies. I think Dark Phoenix pointed out in his last post the futility of going any further with the numbskull.

Just copy his argument verbatim, and replace God/Jesus with Allah/Muhammed, and repeat it right back at him. Don't point out what you are doing, just assert it as fact then demand that he cannot prove you wrong. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-05-2015, 08:17 AM
(12-05-2015 11:27 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 03:30 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  COTW just likes to argue, he doesn't even seem to be aware of his special pleading fallacies. I think Dark Phoenix pointed out in his last post the futility of going any further with the numbskull.

Just copy his argument verbatim, and replace God/Jesus with Allah/Muhammed, and repeat it right back at him. Don't point out what you are doing, just assert it as fact then demand that he cannot prove you wrong. Drinking Beverage

Wouldn't work. God and Allah are interchangeable (Allah is simply the Arabic word for God -- Arabic Christians also use the word), but he (CotW) is convinced that there is good evidence that Jesus rose from the dead, and I don't think anyone has ever claimed that for Muhammed, so Jesus and Muhammed are not interchangeable. They are similar figures for Muslims, who consider them both prophets, but definitely not similar for Christians.
13-05-2015, 10:56 PM
Dark Phoenix's reply on page 4 was, again, brilliant. But still we are watching COTW get his teeth kicked in and he's naively believing he's dominating this debate.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
16-05-2015, 08:02 AM
Aaaand CoW just shit on the chess board. It's pitiful and shameless and there is no longer any point to continuing the debate.

It's just sad man. Dodgy

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
16-05-2015, 11:21 AM
Notice when he listed the sexual no nos of Christianity he left of screwing little boys. Guess God doesn't frown on that.