Boxing Ring Commentary - EK vs gwsm1992

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2015, 09:26 AM
RE: Boxing Ring Commentary - EK vs gwsm1992
I like how he's finally sort of understanding what you've asked of him, EK.

"Ohhhh you mean THAT falsifiability. I didn't know what you meant the first seven times you mentioned it."

Rolleyes

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
26-04-2015, 12:08 AM
I get the feeling gswm is chomping at the bit to argue all those other things like evolution and such, but that rascally EK won’t even let him step into the ring until he can define his god...why you so mean? Laugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
26-04-2015, 12:14 AM
(26-04-2015 12:08 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I get the feeling gswm is chomping at the bit to argue all those other things like evolution and such, but that rascally EK won’t even let him step into the ring until he can define his god...why you so mean? Laugh out load

Well, we could have gone with evolution. It is definable, and falsifiable (fossil rabbits in the pre-Cambrian, etc.), and we could have a meaningful debate. Well, really less of a 'debate' and more of me re-teaching 9th grade biology to the incredulous. Still, he jumped right for the god topic thinking himself so full of piss and vinegar. Clearly it's not working out for him quite like he had hoped.

Makes his initial instance for a 'private debate over email' a lot more understandable, no?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
26-04-2015, 03:29 AM
I'm liking the tone, though. Very polite.

None of the embarrassing arrogance that's going on in the other match.

Very Queensberry.

Yes

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
26-04-2015, 04:06 AM
(26-04-2015 03:29 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm liking the tone, though. Very polite.

None of the embarrassing arrogance that's going on in the other match.

Very Queensberry.

Yes

Of which, I am more than well aware, runs contrary to my reputation here.

I haven't allowed the conversation to veer off into superfluous prepositional bullshit, the sort of stuff that can set me right the fuck off; and probably the fireworks that more than one person around here has been waiting to see with baited breath. Laugh out load

Time will tell. Tongue

Also, for those not in the know...

Marquess of Queensberry Rules @ Wikipedia

The Marquess of Queensberry rules is a code of generally accepted rules in the sport of boxing. They were named so because John Douglas, 9th Marquess of Queensberry publicly endorsed the code, although they were written by a sportsman named John Graham Chambers. The code of rules on which modern boxing is based, the Queensberry rules were the first to mention gloves in boxing. The Queensberry rules are intended for use in both professional and amateur boxing matches, thus separating it from the less popular American Fair Play Rules, which were strictly intended for amateur matches. In popular culture the term is sometimes used to refer to a sense of sportsmanship and fair play.

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-04-2015, 03:24 PM
(28-04-2015 03:15 PM)gwsm1992 Wrote:  Sorry I don't spend all my time on the computer. If it is impossible to have a debate about something that is eternal and outside of space and time, then I don't think we can have a debate, as God is outside of space and time and eternal. That is part of the definition. It doesn't really matter for me to come up with some dictionary definition if that is part of the definition and something that you can't accept.

It is more like trying to run a triathalon, and the person I am competing against is saying that I am not allowed to bring my bicycle or swim in this race and if I do, then he won't race with me.

You haven't explained at all what it means for something to be "outside space and time and eternal", other than to confirm that it's a code word for "I'm allowed to make stuff up". How the hell do you conclude that your God has any of these attributes, how can you even talk of your God when you can't even *define* what you mean by God in any fashion that means anything other than "I'm allowed to make stuff up".

Poor quality apologetics. Insisting that you know or can at least communicate what you're arguing about is hardly unfair debate tactics.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-04-2015, 04:50 AM
Does the bible even say that god is outside of space and time?
[+] 1 user Likes TheStraightener's post
29-04-2015, 05:07 AM
(29-04-2015 04:50 AM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Does the bible even say that god is outside of space and time?

Quite the reverse.

Their god wrestled with Jacob and spoke to Moses and Abraham and Noah... in our spacetime, apparently.

Oh! And he fucked Mary.

I'm not sure what a spaceless, timeless fuck would feel like ... would any of TTA's virgins like to tell us? Muffsy?

Meanwhile... EK, what made you think he was being sarcastic?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
29-04-2015, 05:09 AM
(29-04-2015 05:07 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 04:50 AM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Does the bible even say that god is outside of space and time?

Quite the reverse.

Their god wrestled with Jacob and spoke to Moses and Abraham and Noah... in our spacetime, apparently.

Oh! And he fucked Mary.

I'm not sure what a spaceless, timeless fuck would feel like ... would any of TTA's virgins like to tell us? Muffsy?

Meanwhile... EK, what made you think he was being sarcastic?

So this outside of space and time nonsense isn't even biblical. Brilliant.

So the assertion is even more baseless than I thought it was.
29-04-2015, 05:51 AM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2015 02:46 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(29-04-2015 05:07 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Meanwhile... EK, what made you think he was being sarcastic?

(29-04-2015 01:48 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 01:33 AM)gwsm1992 Wrote:  You know, what you have said has actually got me to think a bit. Why do I actually believe in something that is outside of space and time? Goodness. It started to actually not make sense for a bit.
Your sarcasm is noted.

It read to me at least as very faux old church lady.