Boxing Ring Commentary - EK vs gwsm1992

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2015, 03:41 PM
RE: Boxing Ring Commentary - EK vs gwsm1992
Congrats EK, that was an interesting, and apparently productive, approach. I hope gwsm1992 really means that he is going to think about everything and comes back with any questions.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
16-05-2015, 06:03 PM
nicely done, sometimes when you have a paradigm you have existed in all of your life without ever truly introspectively questioning it, you don't see how closed in your worldview is, and how potentially wrong it may be. Hopefully he means it, and has started down the questioning path to freedom from the blindfold of faith.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
16-05-2015, 07:18 PM
Wow, well done, they were willing to actually think about some things. Thumbsup

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
16-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Nice to see a new-found open-mindedness! I just hope that if he sees all the likes on his last post he knows it's because of that and it's not us just going, "Haha, you lost!"

At least, that's why I liked it. Angel
[+] 1 user Likes Dex's post
16-05-2015, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2015 08:06 PM by evenheathen.)
Goddamn, EK. You convinced him to tidy up the board a little instead of shitting on it. Good work. Actually good work on both sides. I believe in hope once again.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
16-05-2015, 07:44 PM
(16-05-2015 07:40 PM)Dex Wrote:  Nice to see a new-found open-mindedness! I just hope that if he sees all the likes on his last post he knows it's because of that and it's not us just going, "Haha, you lost!"

At least, that's why I liked it. Angel

I agree, when I was a believer, I used to sell the kool aid quite convincingly, looking back I am appalled at the things I would twist to tap dance around inconvenient truths. Perhaps he just got a seed of doubt planted, and off he goes....

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post