Boxing Ring Commentary - GWG vs Tsukho

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2014, 08:00 PM
RE: Boxing Ring Commentary - GWG vs Tsukho
(27-10-2014 07:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  At this point is GWOG just showing off? I mean those are awesome posts and all but damn.

Drooling

hehe

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
27-10-2014, 08:12 PM
If you've never read it, here is where the assemblers of Genesis got their flood narrative. Some of it they changed a bit, some of it is very similar.
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/serpen...m#tablet11 (Be sure and read the notes at the bottom).
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/serpen...gamesh.htm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-10-2014, 08:14 PM
(27-10-2014 08:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If you've never read it, here is where the assemblers of Genesis got their flood narrative. Some of it they changed a bit, some of it is very similar.
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/serpen...m#tablet11

I used an excerpt from one of your earlier OT posts that I liked and saved, referenced you though so it wasn't plagiarizing Blush

I am more familiar with NT then OT, although I do have some fabulous books on the subject Yes

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
27-10-2014, 08:16 PM
(27-10-2014 08:14 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(27-10-2014 08:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If you've never read it, here is where the assemblers of Genesis got their flood narrative. Some of it they changed a bit, some of it is very similar.
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/serpen...m#tablet11

I used an excerpt from one of your earlier OT posts that I liked and saved, referenced you though so it wasn't plagiarizing Blush

I am more familiar with NT then OT, although I do have some fabulous books on the subject Yes

I saw that. I am honored, sir.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-10-2014, 08:19 PM
That last reply broke my heart GWOG.....

I can't even imagine. Good on you sir. Hug

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
27-10-2014, 08:33 PM
(27-10-2014 08:19 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  That last reply broke my heart GWOG.....

I can't even imagine. Good on you sir. Hug

Life's a bitch and everyone has a story..it is how you move on that establishes your true character. I am not the type to hit the fetal position, although I would have given anything for the pain to stop....time made it easier to deal with, talking about it has always helped, focusing on making myself a better person did too. It wasn't a ploy for sympathy, just stating facts, I have always been "transparent". Thank you though for the hug and kind words, truly much appreciated.

[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
27-10-2014, 08:40 PM
I learned more about the Bible and it's hitoricity in the last fifteen minutes than I did in twenty years of going to church, retreats and youth groups. Thanks GWG

As I read all of what you wrote I can see why believers don't question their beliefs. It takes a lot of time and mental stamina to research and put two and two together. No bible-thumper I know would even take the time to read something as long as your four posts even if promised they would be further educated on the Bible.

Why? Anything written to discredit the Bible must be false and born of Satan.
Analyzing and reading volumes of source materials is haaaaaaaarrrrrdddddd.
And finally when you are in love with those warm, fuzzy feelings that a supernatural being loves you and wants what is best for you for all eternity most people don't want to take the risk of bursting that comfortable bubble.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
27-10-2014, 08:44 PM
(27-10-2014 08:40 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I learned more about the Bible and it's hitoricity in the last fifteen minutes than I did in twenty years of going to church, retreats and youth groups. Thanks GWG

As I read all of what you wrote I can see why believers don't question their beliefs. It takes a lot of time and mental stamina to research and put two and two together. No bible-thumper I know would even take the time to read something as long as your four posts even if promised they would be further educated on the Bible.

And finally when you are in love with those warm, fuzzy feelings that a supernatural being loves you and wants what is best for you for all eternity most people don't want to take the risk of bursting that comfortable bubble.

Thanks, makes me happy to be appreciated by people that matter. Good on you for actually reading all of that hehe Thumbsup

27-10-2014, 08:48 PM
(27-10-2014 08:44 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(27-10-2014 08:40 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I learned more about the Bible and it's hitoricity in the last fifteen minutes than I did in twenty years of going to church, retreats and youth groups. Thanks GWG

Thanks, makes me happy to be appreciated by people that matter. Good on you for actually reading all of that hehe Thumbsup

I was pleased to see that you mentioned a book that sits on my nightstand, Where we got the Bible, I think it's the same one anyway, talks about archeology, scrolls, where they were found etc.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
28-10-2014, 08:20 AM
WOW! Another gem of a thread GWG. Your detailed posts are like a slap to the face - no a nail gun to the groin - for every theist who chooses to engage with you or read your writings. If all I get is something like this every once in a while, it makes joining TTA that much more worth it!

I would not hold it against your partner in this discussion to just say "well you just have to have faith" and walk away. It is about all that can be done to save face IMO.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post