Boxing Ring Commentary - GWG vs Tsukho

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: Boxing Ring Commentary - GWG vs Tsukho
(28-10-2014 02:02 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 02:01 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  and angles, leviathans, witches, Nephilim, dragons etc

Angles definitely exist.

Don't be obtuse; get it right, it was a cute trick. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
28-10-2014, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2014 02:53 PM by Free Thought.)
(27-10-2014 04:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-10-2014 02:53 PM)Tsukho Wrote:  I do believe in a literal translation of the Bible and I hold to a young earth. Of course, I can't prove it. I wasn't there. I think many Christians are challenged by the theory of evolution and carbon dating. However, it seems to me that the Bible account of creation, in cooperation with a world flood, provides adequate explanation for what we observe in nature.

Oh, boy - let the dismantling begin. Popcorn

That post made me sooo mad when I saw it; and dismantle it I shall.

(27-10-2014 02:53 PM)Tsukho Wrote:  I do believe in a literal translation of the Bible...

Too bad there was never a 'literal' translation of the bible; if there had been, Mary would never have been a virgin, but rather just a young woman of roughly marriageable age.

(27-10-2014 02:53 PM)Tsukho Wrote:  ... I hold to a young earth. Of course, I can't prove it. I wasn't there.

Given all cumulative evidence, it is impossible to say that the Earth is 'young' without profound ignorance or lying. And saying that you can't prove it since you weren't there is absolutely irrelevant; I wasn't around to witness the eruption of Krakatoa but I know it happened and can prove it via all the available evidence. Not to mention that the phrasing absolutely wreaks of condescension: is he trying to make himself look better and more reasonable by making that statement or what?

(27-10-2014 02:53 PM)Tsukho Wrote:  I think many Christians are challenged by the theory of evolution and carbon dating.

Of course many Christians are challenged by the theory of evolution, they damn-well should be because the theory runs totally counter to both of the presented creation line-ups provided by the Bible and all the available evidence points to evolutionary theory, not to either of the two creation orders given in the bible.

As for Carbon dating, well Young Earth Christians should be; Carbon dating does range back to about 50,000 years, so it destroys the typical 6000 year old Earth bullshittery usually spewed forth from Creationist mouths. Of course, carbon dating isn't the only tool in our arsenal to establish that old shit is indeed old; Fission track dating can range accurately from 5000 to 1 million years old, Potassium-Argon can place dates at between 200,000 to > 4 billion years old and Argon-Argon is more accurate within the same span of time, these are only a few methods of course. (ranges provided by the Australian Museum)
Point being; all dating works when used correctly.

(27-10-2014 02:53 PM)Tsukho Wrote:  However, it seems to me that the Bible account of creation, in cooperation with a world flood, provides adequate explanation for what we observe in nature.

Which Biblical account? Genesis 1:25-27 or Gen 2:18-19?
How on Earth would a 'world flood', in conjunction with a yet undisclosed biblical creation order, go to explain the millions of species we have today? It is especially dysfunctional as an explanation if you throw Noah's Genetically Impossible Ark into the mix (not to mention the contradictory orders from god about how many animals are allowed on the Ark).
And lets not forget the sea creatures; virtually everything in the sea would be killed by a flood of biblical depiction since their habitats would be destroyed due to the mixing water changing the acceptable salinity outside liveable range.
Also; how'd the survivors survive after the flood? Did they eat the rotting, water bloated carcasses that would have littered the planet? What of the herbivores? All plant matter is dead so they're fucked. How are herbivores and not-scavengers explained by this mythos? And what about all the fish and sea mammals?!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
28-10-2014, 03:53 PM
(28-10-2014 02:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 02:02 PM)morondog Wrote:  Angles definitely exist.

Don't be obtuse; get it right, it was a cute trick. Angry

This is what comes of getting one's education from a degree mill Weeping

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-10-2014, 04:19 PM
(28-10-2014 03:53 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 02:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  Don't be obtuse; get it right, it was a cute trick. Angry

This is what comes of getting one's education from a degree mill Weeping

That explains so many things.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-10-2014, 11:58 PM
(28-10-2014 04:19 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 03:53 PM)morondog Wrote:  This is what comes of getting one's education from a degree mill Weeping

That explains so many things.

Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-10-2014, 12:38 PM
I think GWG should create a thread and start pasting in links to his papers and posts into the Resource library, so they're in a central location Yes
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ce-Library

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-10-2014, 06:29 PM
(29-10-2014 12:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I think GWG should create a thread and start pasting in links to his papers and posts into the Resource library, so they're in a central location Yes

I have actually received a few emails suggesting the same over the last few months, perhaps I should if y'all think it would be beneficial. Consider

I am such a tard on computers, your gonna make me have to think and stuff.. Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
29-10-2014, 08:06 PM
(29-10-2014 06:29 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 12:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I think GWG should create a thread and start pasting in links to his papers and posts into the Resource library, so they're in a central location Yes

I have actually received a few emails suggesting the same over the last few months, perhaps I should if y'all think it would be beneficial. Consider

I am such a tard on computers, your gonna make me have to think and stuff.. Drooling

Have one of the mods move it here, (like I did in post 3).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-10-2014, 08:17 PM
(29-10-2014 08:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 06:29 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I have actually received a few emails suggesting the same over the last few months, perhaps I should if y'all think it would be beneficial. Consider

Have one of the mods move it here, (like I did in post 3).

my clicky finger hurts now Weeping

Got them all posted in my research file, gotta go to bed, will get them in an organized line and figure out the next step later.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rce-thread

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
29-10-2014, 08:27 PM
(29-10-2014 08:17 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 08:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Have one of the mods move it here, (like I did in post 3).

my clicky finger hurts now Weeping

Got them all posted in my research file, gotta go to bed, will get them in an organized line and figure out the next step later.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rce-thread

Bravo, sir! Clap

And for one you can appreciate: Drooling
Hehe Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post