Boxing Ring Commentray - Worom Vs. Call_of_the_Wild

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2015, 02:46 PM
Boxing Ring Commentray - Worom Vs. Call_of_the_Wild
Figured I would open a commentary thread to see what others think of the ongoing battle between myself and Call of the Wild Smile

Link to match http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...f-the-Wild

[Image: latest?cb=20120729174914&path-prefix=en]

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Worom's post
27-07-2015, 02:52 PM
RE: Boxing Ring Commentray - Worom Vs. Call_of_the_Wild
I'll admit, the posts are a little long for me....I just skim to make sure it's just you and him posting.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-07-2015, 03:58 PM
I am sort of following along, although I skim a lot too. I think you are making good points, but he is one stubborn SOB. He is never going to change his mind. He is utterly convinced that abiogenesis is more unlikely than his entire steaming pile of woo.
27-07-2015, 04:10 PM
(27-07-2015 02:46 PM)Worom Wrote:  Figured I would open a commentary thread to see what others think of the ongoing battle between myself and Call of the Wild Smile

You are making good points but they are failing on deaf cartilage.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
28-07-2015, 11:00 AM
You're keeping him off the rest of the forum so job well done. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-07-2015, 12:25 PM
I was going to say ... I didn't even know CotW was still hanging around! Tongue

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
03-08-2015, 10:30 AM
(28-07-2015 11:00 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're keeping him off the rest of the forum so job well done. Thumbsup

Happy to serve Smile At least for now I can keep him from derailing a bunch of posts.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
04-08-2015, 08:01 AM
CotW keeps making a big deal out of abiogenesis. He seems to think that the unlikelihood of abiogenesis wins his argument for him all by itself.

The thing is, abiogenesis indisputably happened! Scientists and theologians unanimously agree that once there was no life in the universe, and now there is. Life came from non-life. Nobody disputes that. The only question is how it happened. "Goddidit", or it just happened all by itself. An honest scientist actually takes no position one way or the other on that question. He/she doesn't care about "who did it". Science is concerned with the mechanism -- the "how", not the "who". Maybe God did do it, but if so, this is the mechanism he used.

But to argue that the process itself couldn't have happened is just silly. We know it happened. And theists know it just as well as atheists do.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
14-08-2015, 03:40 PM
You know I gotta say, Worom is handling COTW like a patient parent handles an unruly child. Debating someone like COTW is frustrating as they don't use recognized historical facts, lean heavily on their personal opinion even when it is polar opposite of the experts and empirical evidence, and live in absolute self delusion.....there isnt any thought provoking discourse, just "Well I think blah blah blah"...yeah but the evidence shows....this...."well i dont care I believe this"....it is like banging your head on the wall, although I gotta say at least COTW tries a little bit to prove his point, albeit ineffectively, and has an indication of some level of intellect, unlike say......the child-like comprehension skills of Alla. Rolleyes

Nicely done Worom, keep him up against the ropes, the only person he is fooling with his BS is himself.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
15-08-2015, 09:31 PM
(14-08-2015 03:40 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  You know I gotta say, Worom is handling COTW like a patient parent handles an unruly child. Debating someone like COTW is frustrating as they don't use recognized historical facts, lean heavily on their personal opinion even when it is polar opposite of the experts and empirical evidence, and live in absolute self delusion.....there isnt any thought provoking discourse, just "Well I think blah blah blah"...yeah but the evidence shows....this...."well i dont care I believe this"....it is like banging your head on the wall, although I gotta say at least COTW tries a little bit to prove his point, albeit ineffectively, and has an indication of some level of intellect, unlike say......the child-like comprehension skills of Alla. Rolleyes

Nicely done Worom, keep him up against the ropes, the only person he is fooling with his BS is himself.

Thank you Big Grin The nice thing too is i'm learning a lot as well. The more I research the more I find that makes religion and the concept of god or gods look even more crazy.

― Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes Worom's post