Boxing Ring needs a new name

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2016, 11:04 AM
RE: Boxing Ring needs a new name
(24-01-2016 08:37 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(24-01-2016 03:16 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Dialectic Diamond?
Socratic Square?
Rhetorical Rhomboid?

Quadrilateral Quorum?

But it's two people not 4.
(Somewhere in here there's a "bi" joke ... Erx should be able to find it).
Consider

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-01-2016, 12:02 PM
(23-01-2016 11:29 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I have never even looked in there. I have no interest in seeing people fight, verbally or otherwise.

Go have a peek. The Boxing Ring is one of the most civil sections of the forum. The one-on-one format keeps either side from being mobbed by a dozen replies from the other and the fac that either party can drop out at any time tends to keep the discussion much more civil.

Quote:Now, if it stated "Wet Noodle Wars" I might just to see what was up. Smile

I like the "Wet Noodle" part. It's light-hearted but is a reasonable description of the human brain, the only weapon allowed.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
24-01-2016, 12:08 PM
(24-01-2016 06:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  One-on-One Debate

Accurate, non-threatening, unequivocal.

But pedestrian and dull.

If we combine it with Heatheness' suggestion we could have One-on-One Wet Noodle Fencing.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
24-01-2016, 12:25 PM
In truth, when those sections were created (Colosseum, Viper's Pit and the now demised Melee) I found it a bit patronising ... mainly because there was no explanation for it at the time (or I missed the explanation).

To me, it came across as though the Forum Team (as was) were saying "If you children can't play nice, go play outside" whereas it was just a solution to an issue of what to do when threads get vicious / where to put the split part?

I even went as far as creating a thread where I deliberately insulted everyone although I think my point was missed.

So, yup, I'd like a different name.

With a nod to one of my favourite forum members, I'd like to suggest...

Pas De Deux

Yes

24-01-2016, 12:42 PM
(24-01-2016 12:25 PM)DLJ Wrote:  In truth, when those sections were created (Colosseum, Viper's Pit and the now demised Melee) I found it a bit patronising ... mainly because there was no explanation for it at the time (or I missed the explanation).

To me, it came across as though the Forum Team (as was) were saying "If you children can't play nice, go play outside" whereas it was just a solution to an issue of what to do when threads get vicious / where to put the split part?

I even went as far as creating a thread where I deliberately insulted everyone although I think my point was missed.

Speaking of patronizing...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
24-01-2016, 12:46 PM
(23-01-2016 11:16 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  IMO, The Boxing Ring should be renamed.

We should rename it The Pussy Parlor in your honor. ... fuckin' pussies.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
24-01-2016, 12:51 PM
The Hot Seat? Sort of either "put up or shut up" for either side.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
24-01-2016, 01:33 PM
(24-01-2016 12:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  We should rename it The Pussy Parlor in your honor. ... fuckin' pussies.

That name could give people quite the wrong idea.

---
24-01-2016, 01:40 PM
(24-01-2016 01:33 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(24-01-2016 12:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  We should rename it The Pussy Parlor in your honor. ... fuckin' pussies.

That name could give people quite the wrong idea.

That's the fun of it, silly. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-01-2016, 01:46 PM
(24-01-2016 06:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  One-on-One Debate

Accurate, non-threatening, unequivocal.

Yeah. Or simply, Debate room.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.